How to Bypass Shameful Fake Scarcity Tactics Used By Internet Business Mentors
- Author Ellisen Wang
- Published May 29, 2020
- Word count 535
My first introduction to the Internet marketing world was learning about the business model of affiliate marketing. There was this particular mentor that I followed for a while and I was amazed by the lifestyle he was portraying on his YouTube channel. He lived in a penthouse apartment, owned two luxury cars, and pretty much earned money in his sleep.
But somewhere in the back of my mind, I felt like it was too good to be true and never bought his $997 digital course that he always advertised.
Once in a while I do check in to see what he's up to. Apparently, he launched a more robust affiliate marketing digital course a year ago.
During the launch, I looked at the sales page and he was selling the course for $2500 after a 50% discount.
But what bothered me was what he wrote on top of the Buy Now button. It said in big red text...
"NOTE: Unfortunately Due to Capacity the Price Will be Doubling SOON"
I checked the sales page again a few days ago and he actually dropped the price to $797.
If you're going to pull a scarcity tactic like this one, don't fake it, otherwise you'll be seen as a dishonest person. And he's not the only one. There are a lot of other Internet business mentors that do this.
When they do "live" webinars and a popup appears towards the end with a countdown timer and link that takes you to their shopping cart page. When the timer runs out, you think you've lost your one chance to buy their product. Nope. Just register for another one of their "live" webinars and you'll have another chance to buy it.
Or when there are countdown timers on sales pages. Once it hits zero, you supposedly can never access the page again. Want to know a cool secret? Just delete your browser cookies and the timer resets.
Don't fall for these fake scarcity tactics. It's a shameful attempt to push people over the edge to buy their products.
I'm not saying you shouldn't use scarcity tactics in general. They are indeed effective, but there are better and more genuine ways to do it.
One of the most entertaining email copywriters and publisher, Ben Settle, sells a monthly newsletter called "Email Players." He mails out a different newsletter to his subscribers every month. And he claims he barely sells back issues (I'm wording it that way because I'm personally not a subscriber, so I can't say with 100% certainty). With that model, there's already scarcity built in it. If people don't subscribe before he mails a new issue out, chances are they'll almost never get their hands on that issue.
I'll give one more.
Let's say you're launching a new product or program. You can give bonuses when your audience buys your product or program before a specific date. So let's say you launch on Sunday. If people sign up before Tuesday, they'll get XYZ bonuses. If they sign up before Thursday, they'll get XY bonuses. If they sign up before Sunday, they'll only get X bonus. And if they sign up any later, they get no bonuses.
If you found this reading helpful, there are more tips like these waiting to be read at EllisenWang.com. When you go there, you can optin for free daily copywriting, email marketing, and business tips. I'll also send you a free e-book called "5 Steps to Create Money Generating Emails." It teaches you step-by-step how to write converting and compelling sales emails. If you don't want to optin, you can also read through my blog and listen to my audios for more marketing content.Article source: http://articlebiz.com
There are no posted comments.
- The Rise of TikTok in a COVID World & What We Expect to See Post COVID
- Young Guru explains How to get Paid on Youtube the New Rich Way! YouTubers won’t want to miss out on this.
- A public relations strategy is critical during a pandemic
- Types of Certifications for Digital Marketing
- The WHO and WHAT of Virtual Assistance
- How to make a Picture out of text your way of healing the world
- Tips And Advice To Improve Search Engine Optimisation
- Business Card Statistics in a Digital and Social World
- The Evolution of My Personal Choice of Music
- Experience Luxury Dining Inside the Queen of the Skies
- A Valuable Lesson to Learn From Photography
- PANDEMIC WHEREABOUTS? WHERE ARE YOU EXACTLY?
- The Importance of Empathy-Based Marketing
- Seeing the Power of the Checkbox Guardian in Action
- The Deceving Plague That's Been Haunting Internet Users For Many Years
- The Only Reason Why I Like the U.S. President
- Branding Agency in Hyderabad
- The Power of Red Velvet Ropes
- Brand Marketing During Coronavirus: What You Need to Know
- How to Build a Crisis Response Landing Page
- How I Awoken My Inner Mr. Hyde
- Here's a Riddle For You
- A Laughable Moment That Teaches You How Not to Take Self-responsibility
- Your Guide to Paid Marketing During COVID-19
- Population and infrastructure in Long Thanh positively affects land prices in 2020!
- Turn Photo to Text and Display It at Your Wedding
- 3 eCommerce Challenges & Solutions for Tough Times
- Why giveaway promotional gift items?
- Getting Started with Google Ads