The Deceving Plague That's Been Haunting Internet Users For Many Years
- Author Ellisen Wang
- Published June 9, 2020
- Word count 404
Over the years, I slowly stopped playing mobile app games. Most of them never really got me to play them for a long period of time except for a select few.
Today I'm down to one game, which means less time spent on my phone.
But if you've played any mobile games before, you'll notice a lot of them have one thing in common.
Advertisements that promote other mobile games, but it's not just that. Most ads you see are pretty misleading.
They'll usually show you a video showcasing the game, and you can tell on certain ads that whoever made them really tried to make the games as exciting and dramatic as possible.
But when you download the game and actually play it, it's nothing like you saw in the video ad. It's a plague that's been around the mobile world for many years.
Does that happen with emails too?
There are always some email marketers out there that'll mislead their readers to them to open their emails even though it's against the CAN-SPAM Act.
Here are some examples I found online since I couldn't find any in my own inbox.
I found an email sent from someone who put their sender name as "me, Jason (2)" to trick the reader into thinking this is an ongoing conversation between them and a man named Jason. I won't lie, this is actually a pretty clever trick. I never would've thought of it (not that I would use it).
And then there's this one.
This furniture retailer decided to pull an April Fool's joke campaign. So they sent an email with a subject line that says,
"Thanks for your order!"
Shakes my head
Apparently when some people read the subject line, they thought their credit cards were stolen. But when they opened it, they saw it was just a regular promotional email. They were not amused and upset for the email causing false stress.
I mean, if you want to increase your open rates and risk getting fined up to $43,280, do this. It'll definitely work, but what's the point if you lose your reader's trust and they opt out of your email list? It completely defeats the purpose of email marketing.
The whole point is to build a relationship with your readers, not sabotage it. You want to write emails that'll add value to your readers' lives and that they'll enjoy reading.
I go into that a lot more in my book, How to Become an Email Titan. This book teaches you how to build a robust email marketing system. From choosing your email marketing software to creating your target customer avatar, building a responsive email list, and writing emails that your readers will never get enough of and will make them want to buy from you.
If you'd like to read a sample, let me know at EllisenWang.com and I'll send it to you.Article source: http://articlebiz.com
There are no posted comments.
- ATTENTION: You are IGNORING 75% of your potential clients!!!
- Lingo-Blaster 2.0: The Ultimate Video Marketing Software
- Noteworthy SEO Practices for Businesses
- Digital Marketing Trends in Jordan & Arabia 2020
- Details of NBA 2K21 MyTeam Coming Soon
- Looking To Make A Good First Impression? Lobby Sign Is Your Answer!
- how to start an email marketing
- How Dubai Is Printing Its Way to the Future
- Benefits To Join Best Virtual Events 2020 for Packaging Industry
- Top 3 White-Label Services that You Can Resell Right Now!
- How To Get Quality Traffic For Your Site By Using Explainer Video
- SECRETS OF MARKETING RESOURCES
- What Is Digital Signage? Interesting Facts About Digital Signage
- 9 Popular AI Applications to Empower Digital Marketing Efforts of Your Business
- Can SEO Benefit Every Business?
- Being a creative professional and a good sport
- Filming a video interview: How to be a good interviewee
- Spec Work: The setbacks and benefits
- The Keys to Smoother Credit Rolls
- How SEO and digital marketing can help you to build your own successful business
- What is flex face signage?
- How to Pick the Best Mobile App Development Company?
- The Rise of TikTok in a COVID World & What We Expect to See Post COVID
- Young Guru explains How to get Paid on Youtube the New Rich Way! YouTubers won’t want to miss out on this.
- A public relations strategy is critical during a pandemic
- Types of Certifications for Digital Marketing
- The WHO and WHAT of Virtual Assistance
- How to make a Picture out of text your way of healing the world
- Tips And Advice To Improve Search Engine Optimisation
- Business Card Statistics in a Digital and Social World