Seeing the Power of the Checkbox Guardian in Action
- Author Ellisen Wang
- Published June 9, 2020
- Word count 340
When I first started building my email list, I wanted to use Facebook ads to grow it. The results weren't as fast as I liked it to be since I didn't do a lot of testing, but it was still getting me results.
But then one day, I got a comment from a person who came across my ad and wrote,
"Have to agree to receive promotional emails, no thank you."
I don't know why she had to be a jerk and make a public comment about it instead of just leaving my page and moving on. But I guess that's how some people are like on social media.
And if you don't know what she was referring to, I'll explain.
On my opt in page, I set it up so that unless they check a box agreeing that they'll get daily tips and promotional emails from me, they cannot sign up and get my free e-book.
In a way, that checkbox saved me from spending money on a wasted lead.
You see, when people opt in to your email list, you don't know how long they're going to stay with you. They might turn into customers, they might be signing up just to get that freebie and never open any other email you send, or they sign up and do absolutely nothing, they don't even download the freebie!
And when you're spending money to get people to your opt in page, a lot of it is going to be wasted on people you don't even want on your list. So if you ever decide to spend money to promote your opt in page, you should set something in place where you can filter out the people you don't want.
That'll not only save you money on advertising, but you'll have more qualified and responsive people on your list.
But don't just stop there. Set up more filters in the emails you send them too. Then if you start seeing people unsubscribe, then you know you're doing it right.
If you found this reading helpful, there are more tips like these waiting to be read at EllisenWang.com. When you go there, you can opt in for free daily copywriting, email marketing, and business tips. I'll also send you a free e-book called "5 Steps to Create Money Generating Emails." It teaches you step-by-step how to write converting and compelling sales emails. If you don't want to opt in, you can also read through my blog and listen to my audios for more marketing content.Article source: http://articlebiz.com
There are no posted comments.
- The Rise of TikTok in a COVID World & What We Expect to See Post COVID
- Young Guru explains How to get Paid on Youtube the New Rich Way! YouTubers won’t want to miss out on this.
- A public relations strategy is critical during a pandemic
- Types of Certifications for Digital Marketing
- The WHO and WHAT of Virtual Assistance
- How to make a Picture out of text your way of healing the world
- Tips And Advice To Improve Search Engine Optimisation
- Business Card Statistics in a Digital and Social World
- The Evolution of My Personal Choice of Music
- Experience Luxury Dining Inside the Queen of the Skies
- A Valuable Lesson to Learn From Photography
- PANDEMIC WHEREABOUTS? WHERE ARE YOU EXACTLY?
- The Importance of Empathy-Based Marketing
- The Deceving Plague That's Been Haunting Internet Users For Many Years
- The Only Reason Why I Like the U.S. President
- Branding Agency in Hyderabad
- The Power of Red Velvet Ropes
- Brand Marketing During Coronavirus: What You Need to Know
- How to Bypass Shameful Fake Scarcity Tactics Used By Internet Business Mentors
- How to Build a Crisis Response Landing Page
- How I Awoken My Inner Mr. Hyde
- Here's a Riddle For You
- A Laughable Moment That Teaches You How Not to Take Self-responsibility
- Your Guide to Paid Marketing During COVID-19
- Population and infrastructure in Long Thanh positively affects land prices in 2020!
- Turn Photo to Text and Display It at Your Wedding
- 3 eCommerce Challenges & Solutions for Tough Times
- Why giveaway promotional gift items?
- Getting Started with Google Ads