Muscle Toning Exercises: The 7 Exercises that tone your whole body
- Author Lawrence Wilcox
- Published June 21, 2020
- Word count 808
Muscle toning exercises are great for building muscular strength and getting a fine lean look. They
also help with weight control and cardio. Most of the exercises pack a punch in fat-burning and also
contracting the muscle groups.
To get more defined muscles, we have prepared a list of the 7 Best Muscle Toning Exercises.
- Side planks
The side plank is known for being a core-strengthening move, however, it also helps tone the
muscles in the hips, arms, shoulders, glutes, and obliques. By doing this, your core muscles
become more stabilized, giving you the lean look that you want.
● Get a soft workout mat or carpet. Hard surfaces put more strain on your body
● Lie on your right side
● Rest your left leg on top of your right leg
● Engage your core and gently lift your hips off the ground, letting your right arm bear
most of your body weight
● Raise your left arm up and hold it for as long as you can
● Slowly lower your body to the floor
● Do a few more sets before switching to your left side
- Lunge jumps
Lunges tone the leg muscles and help build lower-body strength. They target the quads,
glutes, hamstrings, and even shoulders. Now imagine how much more effective this exercise
would be if you modified it to include jumping. Lunge jumps are more intense and they
engage more muscles and also boost your cardio. It is a great total-body muscle toning
● Make sure you have enough space. There shouldn’t be any obstacles in your way.
● Stand up straight with your core engaged and your arms by your side
● Step forward with your right leg and lower your body keeping your right knee at a 90-
● Quickly jump up and alternate sides so that your left leg is now forward and your right
leg behind you
● Repeat this for as long as you can
Squats are perfect for building core strength and toning the major muscles in the lower body.
They are super effective and will provide fast results as long as you are consistent!
● Stand straight with your feet hip-width apart and your arms by your sides
● Relax your shoulders and keep your toes facing north
● Keeping your head up, embrace your core and push your hips back
● Lower your body as if you’re trying to sit down on a chair
● Make sure your thighs are parallel to the floor
● Hold this position for a few breaths then return to the starting position
This exercise will fire up your muscles and make them strong and lean in no time. Deadlifts
engage literally every single muscle group in your body. It is one of the main go-to exercises
for bodybuilders and people who want more defined muscles.
● Plant your feet flat on the floor and keep your chin up
● Keep your hands shoulder-width apart
● Bend your knees and grip the bar
● Squeeze the bar while keeping your chest up
● Lift the bar and try standing up with it
● Hold the bar for a second, maintaining a straight form
● Carefully return the bar to the floor
- Jumping Jack
Jumping jack is a calisthenic exercise that is simple to perform. It is another great total-body
workout that helps improve muscle tone. It targets both the upper-body and lower-body core
muscle groups simultaneously. Jumping jacks require no equipment and can be done
● Stand with your legs together and your arms by your sides
● Slightly bend your knees and rest your hands on your thighs
● In one swift motion, jump into the air, spreading your legs shoulder-width apart and
your arms over your head
● Return to the starting position
- Dumbbell overhead press
This exercise tones the muscles, builds core strength, and improves stability. It also increases
your range of motion. The dumbbell overhead press can be performed while standing or
sitting. The sitting position is great for strengthening the back, while the standing position is
best for toning the muscles.
● Stand upright with your feet hip-width apart
● Grab a dumbbell in each hand and let your palms face each other
● Raise the dumbbells above your head and keep your arms straight
● Lower the dumbbells to your shoulders
- Biceps curl
Biceps curl is great for muscle endurance and muscle toning. If you want to get the best
results in upper-body strength and muscle definition, this is your best bet.
● This exercise can be done while sitting or standing so choose your desired position
● Hold a dumbbell in each hand with your palms facing forward
● Make sure your elbows are towards your ribs
● Exhale and lift one weight towards your shoulder
● Hold the weight for a few seconds then lower it back to your side
● Do the same with the other arm
For more information on how you can improve your fitness and lose weight, head over to my personal trainer and see how our personal trainers in London and across the UK can help you take the next step on your journey to fitness.https://articlebiz.com
There are no posted comments.
- Will Sanity Prevail?
- Immortality, Fantasy and Reality
- The Brain, The Ego and The Mind
- The Modus operandi of The Ego
- Energy Healing Techniques to Help You Gain Greater Control of Your Emotions
- Updated List of Best Exercise Bikes for Tall Person 2022
- How Exercise Can Benefit Your Mouth
- Excellent Reasons For Joining a Pilates Class
- Strength training for beginners
- Do You Need Motivation To Get Fitter and Healthier? An Online Fitness Programme May Be The Answer
- Why make mindfulness a habit
- When You Should Visit a Chiropractor?
- Best home gym equipment-Get in shape at home | Ignitto
- How to Become a Successful Personal Trainer
- The Nature of Nicotine Patches
- Work With Only the Best Diet Plan for Weight Loss
- The extra advantages of jump rope
- Some Common Healthy Activities to Slow Aging
- The Benefits of Indoor Golf
- Cycling: the Most Convenient Form of Exercise
- Meditation - What Gardens Teach Us About Spirituality?
- Lumbar Hemilaminectomy - Types, Goals & Success Rate of Spine Surgery
- Contentment: The Path to True Happiness
- How to Select a Good Yoga Training
- Why Sunken Trampolines Are So Popular Today
- Why Resistance Bands Are The Most Versatile Piece Of Gym Equipment For Lockdown?
- White Knuckling: A Dangerous Lifestyle
- Why Should One Need a Sports Massage?
- free attunement of reiki kundalini and highest cakras
- EXERCISE ANXIETY, IS THAT EVEN A THING |12 WAYS TO IDENTIFY IT AND FIX IT