A Valuable Lesson to Learn From Photography
- Author Ellisen Wang
- Published June 21, 2020
- Word count 344
Last year, I took a film photography class. And honestly, it was one of the most fun classes I ever took by far.
I loved learning the whole old school photography process. Everything from how to use a film camera, to developing film rolls and printing pictures.
Throughout the semester, we would have to take pictures based on a certain theme. After going out and taking pictures, we'd develop the film and print out our top three pictures.
At the end of each assignment, we would do a class critique. We'd take our top three pictures, pin them on the board, present them, and get feedback (and roasts) from the professor.
One of the things he would mention a lot to improve our picture is framing. When you take a picture of anything, whether it's a person, object, or scenery, the angle in which you take the picture can change the "strength" of the picture.
And that's something you can and should do with your own business and products too. If you see that your product isn't doing well in the market you're trying to sell to, consider re-framing it based on your market's pain points.
Do it right and your audience will be a lot more responsive and will want to buy your product more, even if you don't change the product itself.
Here's an interesting real world example:
In 1982 Naura Hayden published a book called Astro-Logical Love. Basically it's about figuring out your personality and compatibility with others based on astrology. Because of the title, it's framed to only appeal to a certain group of people and only sold 2000 copies.
After that poor result, she republished it with a different title, How to Satisfy a Woman Every Time ... and Have Her Beg For More! and sold over 2.7 million copies and became a NYTimes Bestseller.
Because the new title now appeals to a different type of (and also a larger) audience.
That's the power of framing, and you can use that same power for your products and get much better sales results.
If you found this reading helpful, there are more tips like these waiting to be read at EllisenWang.com. When you go there, you can opt in for daily copywriting, email marketing, and business tips. I'll also send you free sample chapters of my book called "How to Become an Email Titan." It teaches you how to write email copy that your subscribers will never get enough of and will make them want to buy from you.Article source: http://articlebiz.com
There are no posted comments.
- The Rise of TikTok in a COVID World & What We Expect to See Post COVID
- Young Guru explains How to get Paid on Youtube the New Rich Way! YouTubers won’t want to miss out on this.
- A public relations strategy is critical during a pandemic
- Types of Certifications for Digital Marketing
- The WHO and WHAT of Virtual Assistance
- How to make a Picture out of text your way of healing the world
- Tips And Advice To Improve Search Engine Optimisation
- Business Card Statistics in a Digital and Social World
- The Evolution of My Personal Choice of Music
- Experience Luxury Dining Inside the Queen of the Skies
- PANDEMIC WHEREABOUTS? WHERE ARE YOU EXACTLY?
- The Importance of Empathy-Based Marketing
- Seeing the Power of the Checkbox Guardian in Action
- The Deceving Plague That's Been Haunting Internet Users For Many Years
- The Only Reason Why I Like the U.S. President
- Branding Agency in Hyderabad
- The Power of Red Velvet Ropes
- Brand Marketing During Coronavirus: What You Need to Know
- How to Bypass Shameful Fake Scarcity Tactics Used By Internet Business Mentors
- How to Build a Crisis Response Landing Page
- How I Awoken My Inner Mr. Hyde
- Here's a Riddle For You
- A Laughable Moment That Teaches You How Not to Take Self-responsibility
- Your Guide to Paid Marketing During COVID-19
- Population and infrastructure in Long Thanh positively affects land prices in 2020!
- Turn Photo to Text and Display It at Your Wedding
- 3 eCommerce Challenges & Solutions for Tough Times
- Why giveaway promotional gift items?
- Getting Started with Google Ads