Do you sabotage your fitness resolutions every year? Here’s what to do instead
- Author Elin Kanchev
- Published June 23, 2020
- Word count 574
How to keep your focus and stay on track
Are you one of the millions of people who resolve to start working out on January 1? While you’re probably excited to get back into the gym after indulging in more than a few delicious holiday treats, it can also be difficult to get back into a workout routine after weeks or months away from the gym. Turn your New Year’s resolution into a goal you work towards all year long by following these tips to avoid injury and ease back into a gym routine:
Make new year fitness goals long-term.
One of the biggest ways to actually keep your New Year’s resolution in 2018 is to set specific long-term goals. For example, you might say “Right now, I can do 15 push-ups. In six months, I’m going to be able to do 30,” instead of simply saying “I’m going to work out more in 2018.” Once you reach your initial goal, set another. And then another. Setting specific future goals helps you ease back into working out and keeps your New Year’s resolution because you’ll continue moving forward.
See the big picture.
A lot of people make a New Year’s resolution to work out thinking they’ll see results overnight. But working out is a process, and it’s important to stay positive when you don’t see immediate results after just a few days back in the gym. When you get discouraged, take a deep breath and think about all you’ve achieved since you started working out again. Have you shaved a few seconds off your run time? Benched five extra pounds? It may not sound like much to you now, but those small victories add up to big gains in the long-term.
Take it slow (but not too slow).
One of the biggest mistakes most people make when easing back into working out is going too hard, too fast. If you’ve been out of the gym for a while, start with shorter workouts several times a week, and incorporate stretch sessions before and after each workout. On the other hand, don’t cheat yourself out of a challenge. It can be tempting to stay in your workout comfort zone. Instead, increase the duration and intensity of your workouts over time to ensure you stay healthy and strong.
Let go of stress and enjoy workouts.
It can be overwhelming to take in all the fitness advice you’re bombarded with everyday. Just let go of all the magazine workout tips, gym advice from friends, and exercise infomercials you’ve accumulated. As you ease back into working out, try to empty your mind, and instead take time to strengthen the bond between mind and body. One great way to do this is to meditate briefly before a workout session. When your mind and body are aligned, you’ll be more focused on your workout, and more likely to keep that New Year’s resolution all year long.
Work out with a personal trainer.
Consider investing in a personal trainer to stay motivated on your new year fitness journey. Working out with a personal trainer can help you get the most out of your fitness routine and give you guidance on the best exercises to help you meet your goals. Interested in learning about personal training? Contact us today to see how our trainers can help you meet your goals.
ELIN Personal Training Redefined®
300 Yoakum Pkwy
Alexandria, VA 22304
Article Source: shorturl.at/klmGSArticle source: https://articlebiz.com
There are no posted comments.
- Will Sanity Prevail?
- Immortality, Fantasy and Reality
- The Brain, The Ego and The Mind
- The Modus operandi of The Ego
- Energy Healing Techniques to Help You Gain Greater Control of Your Emotions
- Updated List of Best Exercise Bikes for Tall Person 2022
- How Exercise Can Benefit Your Mouth
- Excellent Reasons For Joining a Pilates Class
- Strength training for beginners
- Do You Need Motivation To Get Fitter and Healthier? An Online Fitness Programme May Be The Answer
- Why make mindfulness a habit
- When You Should Visit a Chiropractor?
- Best home gym equipment-Get in shape at home | Ignitto
- How to Become a Successful Personal Trainer
- The Nature of Nicotine Patches
- Work With Only the Best Diet Plan for Weight Loss
- The extra advantages of jump rope
- Some Common Healthy Activities to Slow Aging
- The Benefits of Indoor Golf
- Cycling: the Most Convenient Form of Exercise
- Meditation - What Gardens Teach Us About Spirituality?
- Lumbar Hemilaminectomy - Types, Goals & Success Rate of Spine Surgery
- Contentment: The Path to True Happiness
- How to Select a Good Yoga Training
- Why Sunken Trampolines Are So Popular Today
- Why Resistance Bands Are The Most Versatile Piece Of Gym Equipment For Lockdown?
- White Knuckling: A Dangerous Lifestyle
- Why Should One Need a Sports Massage?
- free attunement of reiki kundalini and highest cakras
- EXERCISE ANXIETY, IS THAT EVEN A THING |12 WAYS TO IDENTIFY IT AND FIX IT