Forged Documents, Counterfeit Goods, Cyber Intrusion Including Identity Theft Have Become a Symbol Of Our 21st Century Culture
- Author Dwayne Strocen
- Published July 9, 2020
- Word count 541
Forgery, counterfeit knock-offs and internet SCAMS have grown to such an alarming part of our life that they have become a fixture and a symbol of our 21st century culture.
Dwayne Strocen, President of Docufraud Canada a Canadian based specialist in Forensic Document Examination has seen a noticeable increase in reported crimes associated with identity theft, internet cyber intrusion and instances of signature forgery. Although many of these crimes should be reported to the police, Mr. Strocen wonders if the name Docufraud Canada has some allure for the public to call with reports of wrong doing.
Nothing it seems is off-limits to a person intent on deceiving or defrauding others. There is no boundary to age, gender, income level or status in the community. We’ve all received the slick calls and read the e-mails asking us to click the link or some new way to deceive us into revealing personal information. When will it end?
It seems local police readily admit to being completely overwhelmed. This is partly due to the fact that many of these nefarious individuals and organizations are not domiciled in this country. They are often located in other countries where laws are lax and ineffective. Yet in every case there are Canadians who live among us who will aid and abet by assisting with money collection, wire transfers and storage of stolen goods and counterfeit property.
Technology has provided us with time and labour saving devices. But technology has also evolved our world into something not envisioned by the creators of the internet. If a 3-D printer can create a usable human organ for transplant then it certainly can fraudulently create a new licence plate for a stolen car, or perhaps a gun to fool airport screening. If a thief can manufacture counterfeit products so it cannot be distinguished from the original then there is no limit except by the thief’s own imagination.
According to Mr. Strocen, here is where some of the problem stems. Docufraud receives call after call from individuals who despite reading and being aware of such activity continue to distribute their personal information. The greatest sources of voluntary information is social media sites, dating sites and retail shopping sites. If a retailer asks for your e-mail address, phone number or mailing address, he says don’t give it. Even if the clerk insists, it’s none of their business.
This information is used to illegally apply for bank loans and credit cards. It’s used to purchase vehicles, motor homes, expensive watches, and other large ticket items. And in every instance you are responsible for the outstanding payments and the accumulated debt. A significant percentage of targeting is toward individuals. These individulas who have fallen victim need to prove the signature on the expensive purchase was not theirs and indeed a forgery. In addition to the time and stress, the court appearances and legal costs, there is a ruined credit rating.
Forgery of documents and identity theft are part of the same problem. We've seen fraudulent signatures on new car purchases, motor home purchases, credit card agreements, even mortgage and loan applications. Docufraud Canada would like to put out this warning to all Canadians.
Be vigilant and be a smart consumer.
Dwayne Strocen is a former member of the R.C.M.P. and owner of Docufraud Canada with recognized and court qualified document examiners. Docufraud Canada is recognized in all provinces and territories in Canada.Article source: http://articlebiz.com
There are no posted comments.
- The Metaphysical Challenge to the Reasonable Man Test in Law
- Lawsuit alleges AFFF firefighting foam exposure caused firefighter’s cancer
- Tips You Need To Know About Cell Phones
- Beginners Guide To Estate Planning
- The 5 Biggest GDPR Fines To Date
- Who Is Exempt from Wearing Seat Belts?
- Family Law Attorney - You Would Be Surprised At How Important They Are!
- Threshold Could Be Reduced for Blood Pressure Lowering Drugs
- What Are the Few Things You Will Need to Know About Child Custody in a Separation
- Finance Options for Civil Litigation
- What to do if you are struck by a driver without a license in pasca?
- 5 Tips to Choose the Best Lawyer in Dubai For Your Case
- Breathalyzers in DUI Cases Explained
- What is a Field Sobriety Test in a DUI case?
- Military Service & Criminal Convictions
- California's Three Strikes Law Overview
- Ex Post Facto Explained by Criminal Defense Lawyers
- Possession of Drug Paraphernalia Law in CA
- Gun Silencer Law in California
- Stolen Valor Crimes & Defenses
- New PC 290 Law in California
- Prop 57 Law
- Everything You Need To Consider When Choosing And Hiring A Personal Injury Solicitor
- Value of Car accident lawyer
- How to Calculate Child Support
- Reason To Pursue A Personal Injury Case
- Divorce Lawyer/Attorney to Take Care of Your Divorce/Dissolution of Marriage
- The LA Criminal Defense Law Firm
- Let Trump keep looking at H-1Bs; there is a much better option for immigrants
- The Difference Between Chapter 7 and Chapter 13 Bankruptcy