- Author Devara Garrison
- Published July 17, 2020
- Word count 395
So far we’ve talked about hitting The Wall and how to beat cravings. But what about that slump? The slump is the place you find yourself when you’re mentally fatigued or burned out on the changes you’re making and feel the pull to go back to old habits. How do we avoid those mental traps and pitfalls? We’ve laid the foundations for good habits, compiled tools and tips to get us through hard moments… But what about those hard days, or stressful weeks? How do we find the mental fortitude to keep going?
By reframing the situation and our feelings around it, we can begin to pull ourselves out of the slump while building our mental strength and willpower. Reframing is all about taking a step back and shifting the perspective on a situation.
Step 1. Write the thought down.
“Keeping up with these new changes is impossible!”
Step 2. Write out your thoughts and feelings on the situation.
I can’t do this.
I want to give up.
It’s not worth it.
I’m frustrated, tired and overwhelmed.
Step 3. Create alternative thoughts.
I can do this.
I don’t really want to give up. I want this too much to give up.
My health and wellness IS worth it.
I need to meet my needs for rest, decompression and relaxation.
Step 4. List the supporting evidence for the alternative thoughts.
I’ve done things harder than this before.
I’ve planned for these changes, I’m ready for these changes and I’ve already taken steps to succeed.
My health is important to me, otherwise I wouldn’t have prepared and planned for my success. The changes I make will last a lifetime.
Step 5. Write down your feelings and emotions post-reframe.
Center or ground yourself, breathe and examine how you feel after challenging the initial thoughts with the alternatives.
I feel confident in my choices. I feel less anxious about the changes. I feel empowered to keep going.
By re-framing our thoughts, we can bust that slump and keep moving forward in our journey. With practice, reframing can become a new habit that further supports us along the way. The reframing exercise can be used in all areas of our lives to help us to re-energize ourselves, find our momentum, and overcome our biggest obstacle, ourselves.
I live in North Carolina and I recently graduated in May 2017, from Davidson County Community College with a degree in Network and Cyber Security. I love working on websites and doing research which brings me here. I didn’t know much about fitness and everything involved in it to be fit. I soon realized that being in my 40’s and staying in shape is going to take a lot more work and support. Visit us at https://muffintopbellyfix.comArticle source: http://articlebiz.com
There are no posted comments.
- Reinforcing Positive Change
- Easy Weight Loss
- 8 Tips to Enjoy a More Wholesome Diet For Rapid Belly Fat Loss
- Natural Diet Pills that Induce Weight Loss
- Buy Xenical Online- Best Weight Loss Prescription Drugs
- Natural Rapid Weight Loss Diet Pills
- 5 Methods To Burn Stubborn Belly Fat
- Exercise To Reduce Belly Fat For A Female At Home: Hips, Kicks & Sides
- Exercise To Reduce Belly Fat For A Female At Home: 3 Ab-Strengthening Workouts
- Exercise To Reduce Belly Fat For A Female At Home: Basic Ways To Lose Weight Through Exercise & Diet
- Exercise To Reduce Belly Fat For A Female At Home: The Victory Stretch
- Eliminate Negative Thoughts And Lose Weight
- The Flat Belly Fix
- Exercise To Reduce Belly Fat For A Female At Home: Burpees
- Quarantine Up
- 4 Most Effective Foods that Burn Stubborn Belly Fat Fast
- How to Lose Weight With Green Tea Fast and No Risk?
- Your muscles is your power and beauty!
- 7 Natural Ways To Lose Your Belly Fat
- 3 Big Diet Mistakes You May Be Making
- The Best Way To Get Sexy Female Abs
- 7 Health Pointers for the Fitness Women
- Best Diet Plan to Loose Weight
- The Powerful Keto Fat Burning Diet
- How to Know the Authentic Fat Loss Diet Pills
- 4 Simple Ways To Stay Motivated For Women
- Impact of Combining Hemp Oil on the Keto Diet
- What is H.I.I.T., the One Minute Weight Loss Routine?
- How to Benefit from Keto Meal Plan