Being a creative professional and a good sport
- Author Paul Melluzzo
- Published August 7, 2020
- Word count 441
Didn’t your mother ever tell you that “Sharing is Caring”?
Well, it is pretty important to share with other creative professionals. It helps to broaden horizons and to keep you on your toes. But, this is quite the opposite of what most creative professionals will tell you. Creatives are like magicians; rarely revealing trade secrets and clinging to to their workflows like a baby to the proverbial bottle.
This is BAD. This is the exact reason why so many newcomers/recent graduates have such trouble breaking into the business. No one will hire you without experience and you can’t gain experience until someone volunteers to let you into their inner sanctum. It wasn’t the long hours or massive amounts of time spent working in Photoshop, Final Cut, After Effects, or Cinema 4D that truly set me in a good direction; it was the creative professionals that actually shared some insider info, which put me into a different mindset.
Don’t get me wrong, the crazy amount of dedication I had put into learning the programs was absolutely necessary, but if I hadn’t gotten the right tips to put me in the right direction, I would have wasted a great deal of time.
My rationale is this…if you are a creative professional who is never sated with knowledge, and continually learns more and applies it to their craft, you will always get better at what you do. If you decide to teach someone what you know, they will still have to catch up to the point where you currently are.
As long as you constantly strive to better your game, you will never feel inadequate because you will pay less mind on competitor’s skills and more on your own. This industry is hard enough to make it in on its own…It doesn’t need any help from poor sports with insecurities. I understand the feeling of wanting to protect what you’ve been working towards, but no one can do what you do best. Be true to yourselves.
Here are 4 things that I’ve learned from people in my time spent in the creative industry:
Never stop consuming knowledge. When people rest on their laurels, they become complacent. Complacency breeds insecurity.
Share that knowledge. It will never hurt you to share knowledge if you continue learning, yourself. In it, you will help others as well as inspire loyalty from your peers.
Exercise that knowledge. Always be experimenting. Failures are learning experiences.
Work collaboratively with others. Everyone has strengths and weaknesses. By surrounding yourself with others, you can pick up habits that improve upon your weaknesses.
Paul Melluzzo is a Creative Director for Omnislash Visual, a creative content studio based in Milford, CT.http://articlebiz.com
There are no posted comments.
- ATTENTION: You are IGNORING 75% of your potential clients!!!
- Lingo-Blaster 2.0: The Ultimate Video Marketing Software
- Noteworthy SEO Practices for Businesses
- Digital Marketing Trends in Jordan & Arabia 2020
- Details of NBA 2K21 MyTeam Coming Soon
- Looking To Make A Good First Impression? Lobby Sign Is Your Answer!
- how to start an email marketing
- How Dubai Is Printing Its Way to the Future
- Benefits To Join Best Virtual Events 2020 for Packaging Industry
- Top 3 White-Label Services that You Can Resell Right Now!
- How To Get Quality Traffic For Your Site By Using Explainer Video
- SECRETS OF MARKETING RESOURCES
- What Is Digital Signage? Interesting Facts About Digital Signage
- 9 Popular AI Applications to Empower Digital Marketing Efforts of Your Business
- Can SEO Benefit Every Business?
- Filming a video interview: How to be a good interviewee
- Spec Work: The setbacks and benefits
- The Keys to Smoother Credit Rolls
- How SEO and digital marketing can help you to build your own successful business
- What is flex face signage?
- How to Pick the Best Mobile App Development Company?
- The Rise of TikTok in a COVID World & What We Expect to See Post COVID
- Young Guru explains How to get Paid on Youtube the New Rich Way! YouTubers won’t want to miss out on this.
- A public relations strategy is critical during a pandemic
- Types of Certifications for Digital Marketing
- The WHO and WHAT of Virtual Assistance
- How to make a Picture out of text your way of healing the world
- Tips And Advice To Improve Search Engine Optimisation
- Business Card Statistics in a Digital and Social World