What is Cosmetic Dentistry and Why Should You Get It?
- Author Andrew Jeffrey
- Published September 9, 2020
- Word count 669
WHAT IS COSMETIC DENTISTRY
Cosmetic dentistry covers treatments that can make your teeth and smile have an improved appearance such as teeth whitening.
We’ve all seen the celebrities showing off their beautiful pearly whites. Beyond looking after their teeth carefully, many celebs will use cosmetic dentistry treatments to add a bit of sparkle. But don’t assume that this is just for the stars: you too can benefit from cosmetic dentistry to enjoy perfect teeth!
There are many simple, quick and painless cosmetic dentistry treatments that can dramatically improve the appearance of your teeth – sometimes in just a few hours. So where should you start? Here are some popular treatments that are available for all.
Everybody has heard of teeth whitening and this treatment has become more popular in recent years especially now that it is safe and can usually done by your local trusted dentist.
If you’re undecided about treatments, teeth whitening is a great starting place. This classic treatment is quick and easy. Even better, you can do most of the work from the comfort of your own home.
Everyone’s teeth can get stained and discoloured over time. Teeth whitening or teeth bleaching makes a dramatic improvement in only a couple of weeks.
The results are amazing! Even better, your teeth will look whiter for about two years.
If you need a filling it is usually because you have a problem such as decay on a tooth that needs to be fixed by your dentist. It is important to do this to prevent further problems with your teeth but do you want people to see that you needed treatment?
Many people have silver fillings from years ago, and these can easily be replaced with composite fillings. These are white in colour so they are less noticeable.
Composite fillings can also be used to repair chips and improve the overall appearance of your teeth, as well as building up a tooth where not much structure remains. In short, they provide a simple solution and can have a big impact.
Dental crowns are used to repair teeth. They are often used when a tooth is broken down quite extensively, and the crown is used to protect the tooth that remains.
Crowns essentially consist of a type of cap that is the same colour as your teeth. The natural tooth that remains is prepared during the first session, and the crown is applied in the second session. It provides protection and adds strength, but it also improves the appearance of the tooth. Another great way to improve your smile!
Veneers are used to improve the colour and shape of a tooth. A veneer is a thin layer that is the same colour as your teeth. When a tooth needs fixing, this layer is simply bonded to the front of the tooth (usually one of the front teeth) to give it a completely new look.
Very little preparation is required, making it a quick and easy cosmetic dentistry treatment option.
Are you conscious when you smile that everyone will see teeth that are a bit squint or the one that sticks out a bit too much? Teeth can now be straightening easily even when you are an adult. There are several options and your dentist will be able to advise the best way forward for your teeth.
“Fixed braces” such as Six Month Smiles® which use clear brackets and tooth coloured wires are generally worn for 6-9 months. This is a highly successful way of straightening teeth, fast acting and nearly invisible.
Aligners can also be used to straighten teeth. These are a course of ultra-clear custom made removable retainers (like gum shields) which are worn all the time, apart from when taken out for eating and cleaning your teeth.
IMPROVE YOUR SMILE AND CONFIDENCE
At Hope Park Dental Practice in Edinburgh, we believe cosmetic dentistry is for everybody. It can improve your smile and make you feel more confident.
Andrew Jeffrey is a fully qualified and experienced dentist at Hope Park Dental Practice in Edinburgh. He can provide cosmetic dentistry treatments such as teeth whitening. He is also available for regular dental treatments and dental implants.Article source: http://articlebiz.com
There are no posted comments.
- White Knuckling: A Dangerous Lifestyle
- “The King Is Dead, Long Live The King”: How Online Casinos Will Replace Traditional Gambling
- What You Should Know About Stunning Firework Displays!
- HOW DOES ASTROLOGY HELPS IN BUSINESS
- HOW TO START MAKING MONEY ONLINE AS AN AFFILIATE MARKETER (BEGINNER FRIENDLY)
- 12 Best Text Classification Tools and Services
- The Importance of Natural Language Processing for Non-English Languages
- Do-Able Tips For US Private Home Heads Hiring Best Contractors, Part 1
- Proven Tactics in Affiliate Marketing - 7 Secrets to Be Apart from Other Many Competitors
- Secrets to Affiliate Millionaires - 6 Winning Attitudes for Super Affiliate Marketing Entrepreneur
- Work From Home Forever CAN AFFILIATE MARKETING REPLACE YOUR LOST INCOME?
- ATTENTION: You are IGNORING 75% of your potential clients!!!
- How to Make Money on Fiverr In 5 Minutes
- HOW TO MAKE MONEY ONLINE AS AN AFFILIATE MARKETER
- How To Choose Righteous Friends
- Coding for Kids: How It Can Benefit Your Child!
- World of Religions: Hinduism
- Interest in cash is falling - what's the next banknote?
- Lingo-Blaster 2.0: The Ultimate Video Marketing Software
- Why Should You Buy Tesla Stock Now?
- Everything To Know About Xanax
- Web Hosting Made Easy!
- Affiliate Marketing: Building Affiliate Marketing Websites The Easy Way
- Online Sales Mean Cash for Affiliates
- 5 Must-Have Components of an Email Marketing Campaign
- Lose Weight Easily Without Exercise
- 12 Benefits Of Reading E-Books
- Can You Make Money Off YouTube — Of Course
- Red String of Fate: Truth or Myth?