Tips For Buying Free Standing Basketball Hoops Online
- Author Gary Rogers
- Published September 27, 2020
- Word count 594
Are you planning to buy a freestanding basketball hoop? Are you aware of the important things you need to consider when buying a freestanding basketball hoop? In this article, we will discuss some of the important things that should be carefully considered in order to get the best value for your money when buying a basketball hoop.
First and foremost, you will find that there are almost infinite number of brands in the market selling all kinds of basketball hoops and each of them claims to be best in the category. However, those claims can't be taken at face value and you need to do your own research in order to get something that will last a long time. Therefore, the first thing you need to decide on is the brand. Start researching brands that are known for good quality and durability.
One of the most common misconceptions among buyers is that expensive is always better. While this is normally the case, not every expensive basketball hoop is worth the money. Therefore, focus on customer reviews and specifications of the basketball hoop instead of the price to find something that works for you and is likely to last a long time.
In terms of technical specifications, the most important thing that matters is the backboard material. A number of materials are used for backboard included tempered glass, acrylic as well as polycarbonate. All these materials have their own advantages. The tempered glass is typically used at professional level as it offers excellent bounce and spin. However, it also costs a lot of money and you might not want to spend so much money. Your other option is acrylic which offers the look of glass but it is cheaper. Acrylic also tends to be lightweight which means you do not require too much support.
However, you're not going to get the bounce and spin as you would get with tempered glass. In short, you will have to compromise on something but if you're not planning to play at professional level, acrylic makes a lot of sense for you. Another option is polycarbonate backboard which is highly durable and you get similar bounce and spin as acrylic back boards. One of the biggest advantages of polycarbonate back boards is that these are weatherproof which means you won't need to worry about their durability.
Size of the backboard is also important and can range from 44 inches to 72 inches which is the professional level size. If you do not have too much space, consider buying a hoop with smaller backboard anywhere between 44 inches and 54 inches. It will save on space and you will still be able to enjoy the game. The shape of the backboard also matters. While rectangular shape is most common, there are also fan shaped backboards available in the market that take a lot less room. Ultimately, it comes down to personal choice.
In addition to the backboard, you also need to consider the quality of rim, poles, nets, bases and other such things. However, if you are buying a well-known brand, you do not really need to worry about the quality of these parts, especially if you have checked the customer reviews for that particular model you are planning to buy.
Overall, there is a huge variety of freestanding basketball hoops available in the market. However, you need to do your research in order to get the best value for your money. The above mentioned tips should help you in choosing a model that works best for you and is available within your budget.
Basketball Hoops Ireland is the most popular Irish website for basketball hoops, nets and freestanding basketball hoops.Article source: http://articlebiz.com
There are no posted comments.
- 360 Hoops Names Longtime Nike Executive Archie McEachern As CEO
- Manchester United Is LOVE
- Beckham Eyeing Messi, Ronaldo to Play for Inter Miami
- Finding the Best Basketball Shoes For Kids
- Closed Coil Golf Swing
- Closed Coil Golf Swing
- Why Do Kids Feel Safer With Inground Trampolines?
- Running Shop Guide - Tips For Buying Running Equipment Online
- Football Shirts & Top Christmas Gift Ideas For Soccer Fans
- Badminton Equipment: Tips For Buying Badminton Gear Online
- Basketball Hoops & Nets - Tips For Buying Basketball Hoops Online
- The Best Tips For Buying Your Sporting Equipment Online
- Golfing in Ireland - Tips On How To Improve Your Score On The Golf Course
- UK Shop Clothing, Helmets, Boots, kit FREE Delivery
- Zizou. Story of a Legend
- Barnett Predator Crossbow Buying Guide
- What Kind of Headgear You Need for MMA
- Adventure sports in the mountains: hiking
- Commuting with an electric bike
- How To Select An Hoverboard For Kids
- UFC 248 beginning time, who is battling today around evening time at 'Adesanya versus Romero' in Las Vegas
- How To Duck Dive and Turtle Roll A Surfboard
- Lionel Messi Call's out Eric Abidal! Barcelona in Trouble?!
- England put gambles of top-seed place at Euro 2020 in danger after surprise defeat against the Czech Republic
- Tips on Camping and Hiking
- Things to Consider Before Investing in an Airsoft Gun
- Want to ace the fly fishing abilities for Trout?
- Some Key Facts Parents Should Consider Before Buying Airsoft Guns
- Golf Beginner Basics - Golf Equipment