House Transpo Vice-Chairperson Cong. Carlo Gonzalez Welcomes Recommendation
- Author Carlsan Gon
- Published October 9, 2020
- Word count 309
Marino Party-list Representative and House Committee on Transportation Vice-Chairperson Sandro Gonzalez on Saturday, June 20, welcomed the idea of the Inter-agency Task Force on Emerging Infectious Diseases (IATF-EID) of allowing back-riding in motorcycles, provided that clear guidelines are set.
In its 47th resolution released today, the IATF-EID included the recommendation to give a green light for back-riding in motorcycles as a result of the clamor from a number of Local Government Units (LGUs) as well as some private individuals.
According to Gonzalez, many Filipinos rely on motorcycles as their primary mode of transportation to go to work, not to mention that others earn a living through motorcycle-taxi riding.
“As Vice Chairperson of the House Committee on Transportation, this is a welcome development since this will open opportunities for low-income wage earners to earn a living once again. This will also address the transportation woes of employees who commute to work,” Gonzalez explained.
“But I agree with the IATF-EID that clear protocols and guidelines should be in place before we approve this recommendation. I am sure that concerned agencies would be able to come up with rules that will be beneficial to combat the possible spread of the novel coronavirus (COVID-19) when motorcycle back-riding gets approved,” Gonzalez added.
The IATF-EID compelled the Department of Transportation, Department of Science and Technology, Department of Health, Metropolitan Manila Development Authority, and the Department of Trade and Industry to craft the said guidelines.
The solon, meanwhile, lauded pro-active measures that many ride-hailing companies like Angkas are taking ahead of the IATF-EID recommendation. Angkas recently introduced the use of plastic shields between their riders and passengers so that physical distancing could still be observed during rides.
“This proposal from Angkas is impressive, and the same could be a precedent for the government to emulate in line with the suggestion to allow back-riding in motorcycles,” Gonzalez said.
MARINO Samahan ng Seaman, Inc. is a duly SEC-registered organization and was established on February 14, 2014 by seafarers, their families and dependents, as well as advocates of maritime industry.Article source: http://articlebiz.com
There are no posted comments.
- Budgeting Operational Plans
- Management Operating Systems: Effectively managing your operations for enhanced performance
- Should I Invest During the Pandemic?
- Gender gap in entrepreneurship
- 6 Productivity Hacks That (Actually) Work for Your Small Business
- Social Entrepreneurship
- How to choose a Marketing Strategy for any Marketing Campaign?
- The Billionaire Guide On Startup Accelerator Program That Helps You Get Rich
- How can Marketing be done post COVID?
- Crazy for Study launches calculus solutions - Get Textbook Solutions Manual PDF
- Debt management
- 5 core personality traits that will get you a job
- Procurement - It's Methods and Process?
- Should You Renovate Your Office?
- Key Element of Medical devices management system
- Why company logo matters
- Why Is Prince2 Software So Popular With Project Managers?
- Financial Analyses Made Easy
- 5 Top Tips for Reducing Shutdown & Turnaround Times
- Top Tips for Selecting the Best Industrial Cleaning Company
- The Pros of Going Cashless in Your Business Payments
- Four Reasons to Ditch Your Paper Records
- Can’t Verify An Employee’s Social Security Number, This Will Help.
- 5 Indicators Your Maintenance Processes Need Improvement
- New Trend in accounting industry
- How to achieve effective communication as a virtual leader
- Strategic planning pillars
- 21st Century Solution for 21st Century Problems
- Must have Project Reports