How to Treat Nail Fungal Infection
- Author Renee Zhong
- Published November 15, 2020
- Word count 494
How to Treat Nail Fungal Infection
- Oral Medicines
Your doctor may prescribe an oral anti-fungal drug. Studies show the most effective durgs are terbinafine (Lamisil) and itraconazole (Sporanox). Treatment with oral antibiotic medications effectively combats fungal infections about 75% of the time. Treatment success rates with these drugs appear to be lower in adults over age 65. And treatment success seems to improve when you combine oral and topical anti-fungal therapies.
However the drugs must be taken for a long period in order to be effective. These drugs help a new nail grow free of infection, slowly replacing the infected part. You typically take this type of drug for 6 to 12 weeks. But you won't see the end result of treatment until the nail grows back completely. It may take 4 months or longer to eliminate an infection.
And during the treatment, the oral anti-fungal drugs may cause side effects ranging from skin rash to liver damage. Severe liver reactions have been observed with these drugs. As a result, patients who are taking these drugs are asked to have routine blood tests to make sure their liver is not damaged. Doctors may not recommend these drugs for people with liver disease or congestive heart failure or those taking certain medications. Other potential side effects include headache, dizziness, drowsiness, nausea, dyspepsia, stomach pain, diarrhea, constipation, reversible loss of taste, hepatitis, neutropenia and pancytopenia.
- Topical Medicines
Most people start their treatment with the use of topical medications or home remedies. Patients have tried topical Lamisil, Lotrimin, Micatin, Vicks Vapor-Rub, tea tree oil, white vinegar, rubbing alcohol and bleach. All of these need to be used twice a day for up to one year to see results. The probable effectiveness rate of this treatment method is less than 20%.
- Laser Treatment
Nail fungal infection, is a common nail pathology which is a treatment challenge to healthcare professionals. Anti-fungal drugs have been the mainstay of therapy for many years. Recently, laser technologies have been introduced as a new treatment method for nail fungal infection to avoid the disadvantages of oral and topical drug therapies and offer a rapid treatment for an often persistent unhealthy conditions of nails.
Laser treatment is completely drug free, meaning it does not impose all the health risks associated with the oral anti-fungal medications. There are no adverse reactions, injuries, or known side effects from use of lasers to treat a fingernail or toenail fungal infection. In one word, laser treatment is a green & pure physiotherapy way.
We will notice result as short as the 4th week of use. To achieve significant improvement and removal and prevent future fungal infections, it takes about 3 months for treatment. Laser treatment is more cost-effective & time-effective than medicine treatment.
One of the most popular laser treatment devices for nail fungal infection looks like a clip with both low level laser and blue light, and takes only 7 minutes each time. To get more information about this device, please check from the following website link.
Renee comes from the company MedLightCome. It is a professional Chinese manufacture of physiotherapy products, especially cold laser therapy products. We are committed to bringing the latest products without any side effects and with true curative effects to the people in demand to improve their life quality.
For more information about the laser treatment device for nail fungal infection, please check this link: https://www.medlightcome.com/products/fungal-infected-nail-cleaning-laser-deviceArticle source: https://articlebiz.com
There are no posted comments.
- The Importance of Skincare & the Benefits of Natural Skin Care Products
- Why do I have skin tags popping up?
- Are skin tags and stretch marks related?
- Are skin tags and rash related?
- What are the best essential oils for skin tags removal?
- Why You Should Be Careful With DIY Teeth Whitening Hacks
- Tips for transitioning to natural deodorants
- Best CBD Oil for Anxiety and Depression: Top Brands of 2022
- Stars & Smiles: Hollywood’s Secrets to a Camera-Ready Grin
- 7 BEST SMELLING BODY LOTION THAT YOUR BODY WILL LOVE
- Hair Loss in Children: The Lasting Impression Treatment
- White Spots on Teeth: How to Improve Your Smile
- Massage Beauty
- Laser Hair Removal
- Vacuum therapy for breast enlargement
- Introducing Palm & Pine Skincare - Protection Without Pollution
- Squalan in the beauty industry is becoming increasingly popular
- Easy Way For Weight-Loss
- Best men’s colognes
- How to use Gua Sha and find the stone best suited to you?
- 4 Hacks To Get Rid Of Frizzy Hair
- 5 Benefits of Roller Massager for Face
- HOW TO GET KOREAN GLASS SKIN AT HOME
- Essential Hair and Makeup Tips
- Revive your Look with Eyes Specific Treatments
- How to Keep Your Head Cool When Wearing Wigs in the Hot Summer Months
- Beauty & Makeup Ideas for Brides
- Uses Of Dermal Fillers
- “NARCOTIC LOVER”, New Parfum Fragrance enters 50 B Dollar Annual Fragrance Industry
- "Frotox" Replacing Botox As Amerca's Go Anti-Aging Solution