Top Benefits of the Keto Diet
- Author Lark Begin
- Published November 26, 2020
- Word count 509
The keto diet is a healthy fat, very few carbohydrates, and moderate protein eating plan. The primary intent of the dieters is to get their body into a metabolic state known as ketosis.
What is ketosis?
Ketosis occurs when the body runs out of its glycogen stores, so it needs to find another source of fuel. When this state is achieved, your liver begins to process fat into ketones, which become your body’s main source of fuel.
Benefits of a Keto Diet
Keto, unlike many other diets, has numerous benefits due to how it changes your body’s chemistry. When the human body has ketones as a fuel source, it becomes much more efficient.
1: Weight Loss
This is the main reason lots of people look up to the keto diet. Because fat is a source of energy, the body actively burns fat when it needs more energy instead of looking for glucose.
The keto diet helps promote weight loss in several ways, including reducing appetite and boosting metabolism.
Keto diets consist of foods that can reduce hunger-stimulating hormones. For these reasons, following a keto diet can reduce appetite and promote weight loss.
2: Appetite Control
An amazing thing happens when your diet is not carb-heavy. You find that you are not as hungry as often, and you do not end up with random cravings that cause you to eat bad things.
Many people who go on keto can do intermittent fasting where they only eat during a set period. This is possible because your stomach is not rumbling telling you that you need to eat a donut.
3: Better Mental Focus
The problem with carbs as a source of energy is that they cause your blood sugar levels to rise and fall. Because the energy source is not consistent, it is harder for your brain to stay focused for long periods.
When your body is in a state of ketosis, and your brain uses ketones as its source of fuel, it has a consistent source of fuel that it can rely on, which means you can focus longer.
4: Helps Fight Type II Diabetes
People that have Type II Diabetes suffer from increased production of insulin. Because the keto diet program removes sugars from the diet, this causes the HbA1c count to be lowered, and type II diabetes is reversed effectively.
Lots of studies have shown that following a keto diet program can reduce key markers related to type II diabetes.
5: Lowers Blood Pressure
High blood pressure is an early sign of future heart problems. The keto diet does a great job of helping to lower blood pressure. When people suffering from high blood pressure integrate the ketogenic diet into their lives, they could stop taking their blood pressure medicine.
One of the amazing things about the keto diet that is not mentioned above is the variety of delicious recipes you get to make. The keto diet is more than just a diet. It becomes a lifestyle that you adapt to and completely change your life for the better.
There are no posted comments.
- Are bacon and eggs really that bad for you?
- Vitamin K-2
- The Most Asked Questions About Pharmacies in Ireland
- Tips for Buying Liquid Chlorophyll Drops
- 4 STRATEGIES FOR GETTING READY TO PERFORM
- Health Benefits of Red Onions
- The Correlation of Gut Health and Mental Health
- How To Boost Brainpower By Combining The MIND Diet With Exercise
- 3 Ways Coconut Water Can Benefit You Quickly
- 3 Easy Ways Dark Chocolate Can Benefit You Quickly
- 9 Health Benefits of Kale
- The possible health benefits of CBD
- 7 Easy Ways Tomatoes Can Benefit You Quickly
- Is water bloating a real thing?
- 5 Foods That Replenish Electrolytes
- The Wonders of Sea Moss
- Can you Travel with CBD Oil?
- 4 Benefits of Matche Olive Leaf Tea Powder
- 5 Must-Have Vitamins Supplements for a Healthy Smile
- What Foods are Good for Your Smile?
- BENEFITS OF JUICING ONCE A DAY AND HOW TO USE A JUICER
- How Live Blood Cell Analysis and Proper Nutrition Provide Solutions for Sore Joints
- How the Bowel Influences Digestion and Wellness Strategies to Ensure it’s Functioning Properly
- Healthy Foods for the Elderly
- Guide to the Transition from Liquid Shampoos to Solid Shampoo Bars
- 3 Tips to Get Fit Fast in 3 Weeks
- Loose Weight Quick - Easy Ways to Loose Weight
- Spirulina for Diabetics - How it Can Help With Blood Sugar
- Top Tips To Succeed In Weaning
- Is Selenium Critical For Good Health?