6 Productivity Hacks That (Actually) Work for Your Small Business
- Author Samir Sampat
- Published January 1, 2021
- Word count 788
Businesses across all verticals, segments, and sizes can all agree that there are not enough working hours in the day. Shuffling between different day-to-day needs, employees, and operating tasks can stretch even the most successful business too thin.
Many small businesses, to maximize efficiency, seek productivity hacks to help them work smarter, not harder.
- Pomodoro Technique
This technique is a time management practice refined in the 1980s by Francesco Cirillo encouraging you to focus on tasks broken down into segments. The technique specifies that you should focus on one individual task for 25 minutes.
When 25 minutes pass, you can take a 5-minute break to restart your mind. After four “pomodoros”, or four, 25-minute focus periods, you can take a longer and much needed 15 or 20-minute break.
Cirilo believes that by dividing your time into short intermittent segments, you will be able to increase focus, and will experience less distractions. If you are interested in trying the Pomodoro Technique, you’re in luck. You can use the old-fashioned kitchen timer that it is named after, or you can consider more modern technology solutions including Pomotodo, Focus Booster, and PomoDoneApp.
- Collaboration Among Teams
Solutions enabling collaboration for your small business can have a tangible impact on productivity. For example, collaboration tools make communicating across teams more effective. A recent survey conducted by The Institute for Corporate Productivity (ICP) found that companies that use Slack report an average of 49% reduction in email volume resulting in a 25% drop in the meetings and a 32% increase in productivity. Similarly, productivity solutions like GSuite and Microsoft 365 for Business allow for real-time file sharing eliminating congestion in the workflow, and because it works on the cloud, users can access vital information from anywhere in the world, on any device.
- Virtual Receptionists
Do responsibilities like answering the phone, scheduling appointments, or filtering through spam calls interrupt your workflow? For many small businesses, hiring a receptionist to serve as a gatekeeper or a manager of administrative tasks is a dream come true. However, hiring a dedicated in-house receptionist can be costly.
Luckily, technology comes to the rescue. Outsourced virtual receptionists allow businesses to take full advantage of receptionist services on an as-needed basis. By using a virtual receptionist you can capture and qualify leads, schedule appointments with new clients, and build relationships with your existing clients enabling you to handle other responsibilities, uninterrupted.
- Task Management
Is accountability challenging for your organization? Running down who owns what project and the next step in the business process can be time-consuming, and impact revenue. To decrease kerfuffles, task management apps like Asana, Monday, and Toggl, can help better manage projects and work more efficiently.
Task management tools allow businesses to better monitor workflow, showing a clear path of accountability and project management. These tools also allow you to track how much time is being dedicated on each aspect of the project helping you better understand how much time is necessary to complete specific tasks, or if there is a bottleneck in the process that you need to address. By understanding your internal workflows, you can streamline processes, and find ways to reduce the time spent on each task to maximize your productivity.
- Automated Workflow
For small businesses with an online store, manually tracking leads, purchases and fulfillment can be a burdensome process. Luckily, technology enables you to automate these processes, which minimizes common cogs in the wheel and simultaneously increases your bandwidth.
Software like Zapier allows businesses to streamline if/then processes. For example, if a customer makes a purchase on your website, then, Zapier will automatically initiate a task for the fulfillment team, add the customer's contact information to your newsletter list, and send a purchase confirmation.
Chatbots are great to boost conversions by using AI-powered technology that makes life easier for your clients. Chatbots integrate with your existing workflows and tools, like a CRM, to help you collect data, personalize and improve the client experience, and close deals without interference.
In addition to an improved experience for clients, chatbots also relieve a burden for your internal staff. If your team is responsible for handling chat responsibilities, you are not only losing time spent on chat. They also have the constant distraction of the chat interruption which makes productivity more challenging.
Using chatbots, your leads are qualified while your team remains focused on work and moving the business forward in other areas.
By finding techniques to organize, track, measure, and progress your work, you can get more done in a day, and free your time for more enjoyable tasks.
Small businesses should be thinking more about gaining back their time to increase growth and revenue by using these productivity hacks including delegating their frontline communications to virtual receptionists and chatbots.
Samir Sampat is a Marketing and Events Associate with Smith.ai. Smith.ai’s 24/7 virtual receptionists and live chat agents capture and convert leads by phone, website chat, texts, and Facebook. You can follow Smith.ai on Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, and Youtube.https://articlebiz.com
There are no posted comments.
- Adapt and Adjust. Talent Retention Strategies in the Times of the Great Resignation
- 6 reasons why businesses need their own mobile app
- Disruptive Technology Machine Learning in Project Management
- Leadership Beliefs about CSR at lululemon Athletica
- Product Analysts Explained: Product Development in the Era of Digital Transformation
- Gain respect and trust with the Servant Leadership mindset
- The 5 Experts You Must Have On Your Team
- The Role of Psychological Safety in Diverse and Inclusive Work Environments
- Accounting vs. Bookkeeping: What's the Difference?
- CMI programme at Edge Hill helps build stronger team at Pakawaste
- Your PMP Study Plan 2021: 7 steps to PMP Exam Success
- What Is the ABC Test for Independent Contractors?
- 12 Key Factors that Support Transformation into an Anti-Fraud Culture
- How To Get Company Registration in Dubai for Your Business Setup in Dubai
- Europe CEO of the year 2021
- "All races have an opportunity to put their best foot forward in life", says Dr. Marcia
- Advantage Of Using HTML Website Templates
- The Top 10 Reasons Employees Leave Their Jobs — And How To Combat Them
- Five Ways To Create A More Inclusive Workplace
- 6 Big Reasons Why Professional Copywriting Services Can Be a Game Changer For Your Business
- 4 Benefits of Monitoring Your Print Environment
- Using Sales Analytics To Boost Your Performance
- Top 3 ways to improve virtual business meeting during covid-19
- Is 2021 the Year to Take Your Business Digital?
- A qualitative view point of Managerial skills
- Budgeting Operational Plans
- Management Operating Systems: Effectively managing your operations for enhanced performance
- Should I Invest During the Pandemic?
- Gender gap in entrepreneurship