20 HEALTHY HABITS FOR HAPPY LIFE!
- Author Eliza Grey
- Published January 5, 2021
- Word count 939
- Rid your home of clutter and keep it tidy
Having clean, organized surroundings reduces stress, boosts energy, keeps cold and flu germs at bay, and may even make you more likely to eat healthier and exercise more. Not to mention, housework can be great exercise!
- Wear sunblock every day
If you’re not using sunblock every day, even in winter, you’ll regret it 20 years from now. With skin cancer rates on the rise, it’s your best defense against almost any type of skin cancer (especially melanoma – the deadliest variety). Plus preventing sun damage keeps your skin looking younger longer.
- Boost your brain power with dark chocolate
The micronutrients in dark chocolate have been shown to improve blood flow to the brain and guard brain cells against free-radical damage. Essentially, eating dark chocolate brings more oxygen to your brain, and oxygen is your brain’s caffeine!
- Give more hugs
A hug a day could keep the doctor away. Researchers think this is because hugging increases oxytocin. This “bonding hormone” sets off a chain reaction of stress-reducing chemical changes in your body that helps protect you from getting sick.
- Get a massage once a month
According to the Mayo Clinic, a massage can relieve digestive disorders, insomnia, migraines, joint pain and many types of chronic or injury-related pain. It’s also one of the best stress relievers ever.
- Spend time in nature
Studies from around the world, and as far back as the 1980s, show that spending time in nature boosts your immune system, lowers blood pressure, increases focus and patience, decreases depression and anxiety symptoms, and may even help you recover faster from surgery.
- Spend 10-15 minutes of one-on-one time with each of your children, each day
One-on-one time with you makes your kids feel loved and appreciated. It deepens your bond with them, and allows you to more fully enjoy the parenting journey. You might even find that they’re more well-behaved. (What parent doesn’t want more of that, right?)
- Wash your face every night
Gently washing away the dirt, oil and debris from your face every night is one of the first and most important steps toward controlling acne and other skin problems. It also helps keep your skin looking younger longer. So don’t skip it!
- Get a dental checkup every 6 months
Aside from keeping your smile gorgeous, regular dental care may also reduce your risk of heart disease and prevent infection in other parts of the body. Plus it may help keep your memory sharp and your blood sugar stable.
- Schedule and keep annual wellness checkup appointments
Regular wellness checkups – including dermatology – help your doctor detect early warning signs of serious health problems so they can be treated early – before they become harder to manage, more expensive to treat and more life-threatening.
- Show appreciation to your partner
Appreciation means the world to your partner – and your relationship. Feeling and expressing gratitude toward your partner can make both of you happier and more likely to stay in the relationship.
- Add a superfood to every meal and snack
Superfoods are nature’s superheroes. They pack a mighty nutritional punch! They ward off all kinds of diseases (including cancer and heart disease), strengthen your immune system, protect your cells from damage and inflammation, improve your digestion and help regulate your metabolism.
- Plant a small garden
Gardening reduces stress, anxiety and depression. It also reduces your risk of diabetes and heart disease. Plant some superfoods to add more bang to your gardening buck. The fruits (and vegetables) of your labor will motivate you to eat healthier!
- Put a live plant in every room
Houseplants are nature’s air purifiers. They reduce pollutants and airborne dust in your home, increase humidity and remove carbon dioxide. Plus different types of houseplants have surprising mental and physical health benefits.
- Take a 15- to 20-minute walk at lunchtime
A quick 15-minute walk can boost your creativity and energy levels for several hours.
- Have dinner with your family 2-3 times a week
The benefits of family dinners for kids have been known for generations, but it turns out they’re great for parents, too. Studies show that regular family dinners help dads hit the drive thru less often and help moms manage their carb cravings.
- Get a flu shot – and any other vaccinations your doctor recommends
Flu shots are hands-down your best defense against the flu. Even if you get a post-flu-shot case of the flu, it probably won’t pack as much of wallop. Make sure you’re up to date on any other vaccines you might need, too. This protects you and anyone in your life who’s too young or too sick to get vaccinated.
- Clean your closet once a year and give away anything you haven’t worn in a year
An organized closet erases most of your “what to wear” stress and sets the tone for a less stressful day. Giving away clothes and shoes to someone who needs them and will enjoy them – that just feels really good.
- Simplify your wardrobe
While you’re cleaning your closet, hang on to (or make an investment in) a few quality, timeless, versatile separates that you can mix and match a bunch of different ways. You may even want to perfect your own signature “work uniform.”
- Take your shoes off when you get home
You’re probably ready to kick off your shoes after a long day anyway, right? This easy little habit keeps environmental toxins, germs, dirt, allergens and dust from entering your home where they can linger, settle into your carpet and rugs, and make you sick.
I'm Eliza, a journalist of the portal https://www.nurital.com/. I write about sports, fitness and a healthy lifestyle.Article source: https://articlebiz.com
There are no posted comments.
- Easy Way For Weight-Loss
- Best men’s colognes
- How to use Gua Sha and find the stone best suited to you?
- 4 Hacks To Get Rid Of Frizzy Hair
- 5 Benefits of Roller Massager for Face
- HOW TO GET KOREAN GLASS SKIN AT HOME
- Essential Hair and Makeup Tips
- Revive your Look with Eyes Specific Treatments
- How to Keep Your Head Cool When Wearing Wigs in the Hot Summer Months
- Beauty & Makeup Ideas for Brides
- Uses Of Dermal Fillers
- “NARCOTIC LOVER”, New Parfum Fragrance enters 50 B Dollar Annual Fragrance Industry
- "Frotox" Replacing Botox As Amerca's Go Anti-Aging Solution
- Do You Know Which Facial Treatment Is the Best for You?
- What are the benefits of couples massage Tukwila?
- Pearls—The Skin Brightening Ingredient From The Sea
- Does IPL Hair Removal Work?
- How Effective is Laser Hair Removal?
- What big skin care manufacturers don’t want you to know
- What big skin care manufacturers don’t want you to know
- Benefits of essential oils for skin care
- How To Stimulate Hair Growth
- How to Treat Nail Fungal Infection
- Tips to Choose the Best Skin Whitening Cream in The World
- How to Lighten Darkened Skin ?
- Very Basic Skin Care Tips for Dark Skin
- How to Naturally Lighten Skin?
- Tips to Choose the Best Skin Lightening Cream For Hyperpigmentation
- Natural Skin Lighteners that Actually Work