How to Keep Your Head Cool When Wearing Wigs in the Hot Summer Months
- Author Sharon R.
- Published June 12, 2021
- Word count 501
During the hot summer months, keeping your head cool while wearing a wig could be a challenge if you do not know the right way to do it. The way you prep your real hair to install a wig in the hot months all depends on your hair type. Your hair’s thickness will determine the best way(s) to prep your hair before installing your favorite wig. To summarize, the longer and thicker your hair is, the more prepping you may need to do. This ensures that there will be no unnatural and unsightly looking bumps and humps which alter the shape of your head when you place the wig while keeping your head at its coolest.
For short thin hair, the process is its easiest. If you are wearing a non-lace wig, try wearing those which have ventilation, preferably the capless type. This will give your scalp the most ventilation possible. There are different types of wig caps you can wear under a wig. Some people prefer stocking caps, but these are not ideal for the hot months as they will make your head very hot and if you sweat in your scalp, stocking caps will make sweating occurrences worse. To keep your head its coolest, wear a wig cap that is mesh based. One with lots of holes which will allow for a high level of ventilation.
If the wig is lace front or human hair, you may not have a capless option. This takes away some of the ventilation because you have solid fabric on your head on some, most or all areas of the wig, depending on the wig type. In this case, just use the mesh cap and this should keep your head as cool as possible. Also, when it’s hotter, try wearing shorter styles or if the hair is long, wear in updo styles which have parting in some areas of the style to allow for some ventilation of the cap.
If you have very long or thick hair, you should braid the hair flat in cornrows before applying the wig cap. In the cooler months, you may get away with just putting your real hair in a ponytail before you put on the wig cap, but in the summer, this will add head to your scalp as it reduces ventilation. You would want to braid the hair in flat small cornrow braids or small single braids connected together if you cannot braid cornrows. This will ensure that your real hair sits flat underneath the wig, allowing for as natural a look as possible, while providing the maximum ventilation to the scalp. After braiding, apply the mesh cap, then apply the wig.
These tips will keep your head the coolest in the hot months. If you are wearing a lace wig, make sure you position the wig’s hairline just in front of your real hairline and secure. This ensures that none of your real hair shows through the lace of the wig.
There are no posted comments.
- The Importance of Skincare & the Benefits of Natural Skin Care Products
- Why do I have skin tags popping up?
- Are skin tags and stretch marks related?
- Are skin tags and rash related?
- What are the best essential oils for skin tags removal?
- Why You Should Be Careful With DIY Teeth Whitening Hacks
- Tips for transitioning to natural deodorants
- Best CBD Oil for Anxiety and Depression: Top Brands of 2022
- Stars & Smiles: Hollywood’s Secrets to a Camera-Ready Grin
- 7 BEST SMELLING BODY LOTION THAT YOUR BODY WILL LOVE
- Hair Loss in Children: The Lasting Impression Treatment
- White Spots on Teeth: How to Improve Your Smile
- Massage Beauty
- Laser Hair Removal
- Vacuum therapy for breast enlargement
- Introducing Palm & Pine Skincare - Protection Without Pollution
- Squalan in the beauty industry is becoming increasingly popular
- Easy Way For Weight-Loss
- Best men’s colognes
- How to use Gua Sha and find the stone best suited to you?
- 4 Hacks To Get Rid Of Frizzy Hair
- 5 Benefits of Roller Massager for Face
- HOW TO GET KOREAN GLASS SKIN AT HOME
- Essential Hair and Makeup Tips
- Revive your Look with Eyes Specific Treatments
- Beauty & Makeup Ideas for Brides
- Uses Of Dermal Fillers
- “NARCOTIC LOVER”, New Parfum Fragrance enters 50 B Dollar Annual Fragrance Industry
- "Frotox" Replacing Botox As Amerca's Go Anti-Aging Solution