Melatonin and Aging
- Author Dr Sukhraj Dhillon
- Published July 1, 2021
- Word count 349
“FOREVER YOUNG means positive attitude and love for life. We grow old when we quit playing.”
“Aging is inevitable, but no reason to associate it with pain, disability or mental decline.”
Use of Melatonin -- a non-prescription hormone that body produces naturally is promising to slow aging -- but we're not sure about long term effects.
How Does Melatonin Link to Aging?
• The pineal gland that produces melatonin shrinks with age, so melatonin production declines as we age.
• In addition to the pineal gland, digestive tract is another source of melatonin production. And melatonin production increases in the digestive tract when calories are restricted, which may explain why dietary restrictions have shown to increase life span.
• The mice experiments have shown at least 20% increase in life span with dietary restrictions.
• It's a powerful antioxidant.
• It enhances the immune system.
• Benefits such as preventing cancer and protecting heart, providing restful sleep will indirectly prolong life.
Of course, there are surer routes to good health and longevity. Here're few other suggestions to control signs of aging and to keep young forever:
• Adopt the Life Style associated with Longevity--regular exercise, low fat diet, no smoking, moderate drinking, sleeping seven or eight hours-but not less than six or more than nine, using mental abilities, discipline, altruism, optimism, spiritual faith and above all love of life.
• Other common sense tips include: active life-having a reason for living, an active sex life, controlling stress, good marriage and social life, proper use of lungs, proper use of intercostal muscles, and using diaphragm for proper deep Breathing.
• Common sense tips based on aging theories: (1) Use antioxidants such as Vitamins E and C, and Selenium (2) Lower polyunsaturated (vegetable oils) fat in diet (3) Diet to slow autoimmune aging (4) Consume Nucleic Acids (DNA, RNA) to repair age-related damage.
• Keep Young with Biochemicals that are SAFE and NATURAL such as certain vitamins, and enzymes--many of them are present in natural foods.
“We don't quit playing because we grow old; we grow old because we quit playing."
“I don't believe in AGE. I believe in ENERGY...93-years old Yoga-teacher."
•Source: "Forever Young"
About the Author: Dr. Sukhraj S. Dhillon is an eminent Scientist with numerous research publications in life sciences who studied at Yale University and served as a Professor at University in North Carolina. He has written more than a dozen books on topics of Health, Aging, Vegetarianism, Weight control, Stress-free living, Meditation, Yoga, Power of Now, Spirituality, Soul, God, Science, and Religion. http://www.dpcpress.com/pa.htmlArticle source: http://articlebiz.com
There are no posted comments.
- How to Get Hired in the Freelancing Industry
- What NOT to Do in the Freelance Industry
- How To Generate Passive Income In Amazon
- CMI programme at Edge Hill helps build stronger team at Pakawaste
- The benefits of first aid training in the workplace
- How to Setup PPC Campaign
- How To Sell Your Ebook On Facebook and Twitter - Getting Paid For Selling Ebooks Using Social Media
- Born To Raise Decibels: Inside The Loudest Band Of All Time
- Everything You Need To Know About Solar Panel Maintenance
- Post-COVID Marketing Strategies for Plastic Surgeons
- Everything You Need to Know About Epoxy Resin
- Top 5 Money Makers in Your Practice
- A step-by-step effective guide-How to rank your B2B content on the first page of Google?
- Build Your Brand and List During COVID-19
- COVID-19 Restart Plan for Plastic Surgeons
- How to Build Back Better Without INFLATION!
- Must Have Guide To Buy Loose Diamonds
- 7 Reasons Why Your Drains Might Be Blocked
- Defending America’s Democracy? Here’s How to Fund it!
- Automated Marketing Plan for Plastic Surgeons Post COVID-19
- El Salvador Adopts BitCoin
- Remember the 2019, UCH class of 1986 Reunion in Hyattsville, Maryland 20783, USA?
- Green Investments That Can Save Your Business Money
- The Next Big Thing in Freelance
- Addicted to Freelancing? 6 Reasons We Just Can't Stop it
- Plastic Surgery Loyalty Program
- How to Transfer Songs from Spotify to iTunes
- The Four Great Chinese Festivals - A Traveler’s Guide
- Weight loss Advice
- The Averaging strategy in the share market