3 Reasons Your Small Business Needs A Copywriter or Editor
- Author Rivka R Meyer
- Published July 15, 2021
- Word count 449
Small businesses owners have to consider where their money is best spent. They might be tempted to do most of the administration themselves, from formal letter writing to composing company leaflets. Here's why it's a better idea for your business to use a professional copywriter or editor.
- A copywriter or editor has the word skills to frame your message for maximum impact.
You may be sending a formal letter to a customer who hasn’t settled his account, or a tenant who hasn’t paid their rent. It might be a marketing mailing. It could be grant application or an appeal to the bank to increase your overdraft. Whatever you’re writing, there’s always a desired outcome and choosing the right words can increase your chances of achieving that outcome. A copywriter or editor can take the basic message you’ve written and re-package it for a more powerful punch.
- They can enhance your company’s credibility by giving your communications the professional touch.
Company brochures, mailings, adverts and even professional emails contribute to the public’s image of your company. If the text is amateurish, it will affect the way your potential clients/customers and suppliers perceive your business. You don’t want to look like you’re a child with a lemonade stand. You want your business to be taken seriously. But don’t worry if you don’t want to be too formal. A good copywriter or editor can combine informality with professional if that’s your aim.
- It avoids written communications going out that have typos or grammar and punctuation errors.
Lots of people think it’s not a big deal if there’s a little error, but that’s not true. You might be experts in a particular market, but you will be judged by the standard of the communications you put out. Unfair but true. Many years ago, I was sorting through piles of job applications for the company where I worked. One of the CVs we received had a typo in the person’s name at the top. Needless to say, I did not put that applicant down for interview. My view was that someone who didn’t even notice their own name typed wrong on a job application was hardly likely to be meticulous about their work. Maybe I was wrong. Maybe she was a superb worker. But that typo destroyed her chances. An editor or proofreader can prevent that happening to you.
The good news is you don't have to hire your own copywriter. There are plenty of freelancers who can help you as and when you need their services. You'll get all the benefits at a minimal cost.
I'm a freelance editor and copywriter available to assist small businesses with their writing needs - from a single letter to a marketing campaign. You can contact me via my website at www.abetterword.co.uk and read more of my blog posts at https://www.abetterword.co.uk/blog-2/.Article source: http://articlebiz.com
There are no posted comments.
- How To Generate Passive Income In Amazon
- CMI programme at Edge Hill helps build stronger team at Pakawaste
- The benefits of first aid training in the workplace
- How to Setup PPC Campaign
- How To Sell Your Ebook On Facebook and Twitter - Getting Paid For Selling Ebooks Using Social Media
- Born To Raise Decibels: Inside The Loudest Band Of All Time
- Everything You Need To Know About Solar Panel Maintenance
- Post-COVID Marketing Strategies for Plastic Surgeons
- Everything You Need to Know About Epoxy Resin
- Top 5 Money Makers in Your Practice
- A step-by-step effective guide-How to rank your B2B content on the first page of Google?
- Build Your Brand and List During COVID-19
- COVID-19 Restart Plan for Plastic Surgeons
- How to Build Back Better Without INFLATION!
- Must Have Guide To Buy Loose Diamonds
- 7 Reasons Why Your Drains Might Be Blocked
- Defending America’s Democracy? Here’s How to Fund it!
- Automated Marketing Plan for Plastic Surgeons Post COVID-19
- El Salvador Adopts BitCoin
- Remember the 2019, UCH class of 1986 Reunion in Hyattsville, Maryland 20783, USA?
- Green Investments That Can Save Your Business Money
- The Next Big Thing in Freelance
- Addicted to Freelancing? 6 Reasons We Just Can't Stop it
- Plastic Surgery Loyalty Program
- The Four Great Chinese Festivals - A Traveler’s Guide
- Weight loss Advice
- The Averaging strategy in the share market
- Why People Smoke Cigarettes - Five Reasons That Might Surprise You
- 11 Big 2021 Fashion Trends That Are Already in Your Closet
- Marketing Mix Strategies for Plastic Surgeons