3 Reasons Your Small Business Needs A Copywriter or Editor
- Author Rivka R Meyer
- Published July 15, 2021
- Word count 449
Small businesses owners have to consider where their money is best spent. They might be tempted to do most of the administration themselves, from formal letter writing to composing company leaflets. Here's why it's a better idea for your business to use a professional copywriter or editor.
- A copywriter or editor has the word skills to frame your message for maximum impact.
You may be sending a formal letter to a customer who hasn’t settled his account, or a tenant who hasn’t paid their rent. It might be a marketing mailing. It could be grant application or an appeal to the bank to increase your overdraft. Whatever you’re writing, there’s always a desired outcome and choosing the right words can increase your chances of achieving that outcome. A copywriter or editor can take the basic message you’ve written and re-package it for a more powerful punch.
- They can enhance your company’s credibility by giving your communications the professional touch.
Company brochures, mailings, adverts and even professional emails contribute to the public’s image of your company. If the text is amateurish, it will affect the way your potential clients/customers and suppliers perceive your business. You don’t want to look like you’re a child with a lemonade stand. You want your business to be taken seriously. But don’t worry if you don’t want to be too formal. A good copywriter or editor can combine informality with professional if that’s your aim.
- It avoids written communications going out that have typos or grammar and punctuation errors.
Lots of people think it’s not a big deal if there’s a little error, but that’s not true. You might be experts in a particular market, but you will be judged by the standard of the communications you put out. Unfair but true. Many years ago, I was sorting through piles of job applications for the company where I worked. One of the CVs we received had a typo in the person’s name at the top. Needless to say, I did not put that applicant down for interview. My view was that someone who didn’t even notice their own name typed wrong on a job application was hardly likely to be meticulous about their work. Maybe I was wrong. Maybe she was a superb worker. But that typo destroyed her chances. An editor or proofreader can prevent that happening to you.
The good news is you don't have to hire your own copywriter. There are plenty of freelancers who can help you as and when you need their services. You'll get all the benefits at a minimal cost.
I'm a freelance editor and copywriter available to assist small businesses with their writing needs - from a single letter to a marketing campaign. You can contact me via my website at www.abetterword.co.uk and read more of my blog posts at https://www.abetterword.co.uk/blog-2/.Article source: https://articlebiz.com
There are no posted comments.
- What are The Most Important Pages to Include on Your New Website?
- How to Make Money by Creating a Content-Filled Website
- What are the 7 Things to Avoid at All Costs with WordPress Blogging?
- What are the Secrets of Writing Killer Blog Posts?
- What are Common Sense Guidelines for Using WordPress?
- Why Incorporating Hex Bars into Your Strength Training Routine is a Game-Changer
- Enhancing Oral Hygiene: The Power of Electric Toothbrushes
- Healthcare's Digital Transformation Re-eingeneered
- The Rise of Affordable Electric Toothbrushes: Affordable Dental Care at Your Fingertips
- "Vax Vacuum Parts: My Personal Guide to Keeping Your Vacuum Cleaner in Top Shape"
- Understanding Vax Vacuum Parts: A Comprehensive Guide
- "Inside the Machine: A Comprehensive Guide to Vacuum Cleaner Parts and Their Functions"
- Achieve Superior Oral Hygiene with the Oral-B Pro 500 Electric Toothbrush
- The Blossoming Power Of Nature: How Flowers Can Nurture Physical And Mental Wellbeing
- The Key to Establishing a Healthy Sleep Routine for Babies, Toddlers, and Children
- How to Optimize and Speed Up Your WordPress Blog
- How to Plan and Host a Successful Garage Sale: A Quick Guide
- Arborist Reports and Expert Consultation
- Stylish Men’s T-Shirts: Unforgettable Gift Ideas for Every Occasion!
- The Power of 3D Prototypes: Transforming Ideas into Tangible Innovations
- Checklist for the Essential Elements of Good Mental Health
- What Makes WordPress an Incredibly Powerful Blogging System?
- What Are the 10 Scariest Things About WordPress Blogging?
- How is WordPress the Best Choice for a Website?
- How to Find the Perfect Electric Toothbrush for Receding Gums: A Comprehensive Buyer's Guide
- How To Buy An Electric Toothbrush Under $50
- Parenting Influence on the Child’s Mental Health
- Unforgettable Stag Do: Exploring the Best European Destinations
- The Advantages of Epoxy Flooring
- Dimout or screen fabric?