The Art of Film Distribution
- Author Elektra B. Yao, Esq.
- Published July 28, 2021
- Word count 437
When one hears the term film distributor, one may think of all the work that goes into releasing a movie. Getting a film in theaters, marketing the film, and setting a strategic release date takes a sharp business sense. So how could this profession qualify for an O-1B artist visa?
There is no doubt that being a successful film distributor requires a high level of skill in business and negotiating. That being said, film distribution is not a one-dimensional field. Successful film distributors need to understand the film in its entirety; the message, the aesthetic, the style, and more. Film distributors need to be able to match a film with the proper distribution company or distribution channel. Because of these factors, it is not uncommon for distributors to have previous filmmaking experience.
Filmmaking in and of itself is all about storytelling and film distributors are an integral part of the storytelling process. If no one sees a film, how can the story be shared? Therefore the continuation of the film's story is the distribution of the film and storytelling is inherently creative. Following this logic, we can deduce that film distribution is not only a business endeavor but also a creative venture.
When we look at fields that may traditionally be considered business-oriented, we have to remember that many of these professions are multi-dimensional. We should not ignore the business side of these professions but for O-1B purposes, it is important to highlight the creative side. Focusing on the business of the arts, along with the creativity that goes into making nuanced decisions, allows non-traditional artists to file under O-1B.
O-1A or O-1B?
Many professionals that were denied O-1A visas may not even be aware that they qualify for an O-1B. Breaking down the creative process is key to figuring out whether or not there is artistry and creativity that goes into the work one is doing. Interpretation is everything and if there is not a creative process present in one’s field, he or she may be better off filing under an O-1A.
Analyzing your own situation is the first step of the process. Interrogating yourself and deconstructing your own process must be done in order to achieve answers. It is also important to have a competent attorney that is familiar with O-1 visas and who understands art and the creative nuances.
In this case, we would consider film distributors as creatives. They utilize creative strategies, choose proper distribution channels that align with a film's creative side, and they assist in the continuation of storytelling.
Elektra Yao is owner and Founder of Yao Law Group. She loves working with international artists and creatives and is a former artist herself! To learn more visit: yaolawgroup.comArticle source: https://articlebiz.com
There are no posted comments.
- How Do Personal Injury Lawyers Get Paid?
- PECUNIARY SENTENCE UNDER CAMEROON PENAL LAWS
- Architects: Artists, Scientists, or Both?
- Product Design, A Creative Venture?
- Is Marketing Considered Art?
- Are Digital Marketers Creative and Artistic?
- Spies and Mercenaries
- Federal ‘Vanessa Guillen’ Act introduced, data reveals risk of sexual assault at Fort Bliss
- The Special Commercial Courts in Poland
- Tips for Picking the Ideal Orange County Personal Injury Lawyer
- A Reality Check About Unpaid Child Support And Alimony
- Is There a Difference Between Theft, Robbery, and Burglary?
- How to do a Background Check in Canada in 2021
- Money laundry & Cryptocurrency
- 10 legit ways to make money online
- How to run a Group Action
- Title: Covid 19 Stimulus for the Malaysian economy: A consultative role for newly globalized unions to play
- The new Malaysian Companies Act and Covid 19 challenges to small and medium enterprises
- Useful Tips on Hiring Professional Painters for Your House
- Where Can You Find the Right Australian Visa Services Agent?
- The Metaphysical Challenge to the Reasonable Man Test in Law
- Lawsuit alleges AFFF firefighting foam exposure caused firefighter’s cancer
- Tips You Need To Know About Cell Phones
- Beginners Guide To Estate Planning
- The 5 Biggest GDPR Fines To Date
- Who Is Exempt from Wearing Seat Belts?
- Family Law Attorney - You Would Be Surprised At How Important They Are!
- Threshold Could Be Reduced for Blood Pressure Lowering Drugs
- What Are the Few Things You Will Need to Know About Child Custody in a Separation