Excellent Reasons For Joining a Pilates Class
- Author Jane Hamilton
- Published November 23, 2021
- Word count 457
What is Pilates?
You may have heard people talking about Pilates as it is a popular type of exercise for a very good reason. If you have never tried it before you probably have the idea that it is similar to yoga. It does have similarities to yoga and some stretches and exercises are similar. However, yoga was first practiced thousands of years ago in India, and Pilates was invented by a German named Joseph Pilates around 1910-1920.
Probably due to ill-health as a youngster and then working with World War 1 veterans, Joseph spent his life trying to improve both his health and body condition and those with war injuries and amputations. During his youth, he tried gymnastics, boxing, yoga, and martial arts to become physically stronger and healthier.
Later in life, he met his wife who was a dancer, and used his health and fitness knowledge to help dancers with body conditioning and rehabilitation from injury.
The exercise and processes he developed have become known as the ‘Pilates Method’. Pilates classes can now be found worldwide but aren’t just for people with injuries. All adults benefit from doing Pilates exercises to keep their bodies flexible, strong, and injury-free.
Fundamentals of the Pilates Method
The 8 fundamental principles of Pilates are relaxation, alignment, centring, breathing, flowing movements, concentration, stamina, and coordination.
Benefits of Pilates
There are many common ailments that by taking a regular Pilates class can either reduce the pain, relieve the pain, or even cure you completely. These ailments include back pain, neck pain, headaches including migraine, knee pain, sciatica, repetitive sprains, and many more. Basically, if you are a person that sits at a desk all day, does a job with very repetitive movement, or someone who takes part in a lot of sport, then Pilates will help reduce body stresses and strains caused by these actions or inactions.
The Pilates exercises done regularly will provide many benefits including:
Strengthen and stretch the muscles evenly on both sides of the body.
Increase muscle and joint flexibility and mobility
Provide stress relief
Improve your body alignment and posture
Improve your core strength.
Taking part in a Pilates class
With the popularity of Pilates increasing hugely in the past 10 years, you can now find Pilates classes in every local gym and online. This means there is no excuse for you not to try a class. Although you can follow free YouTube classes, it is always better to have a fully qualified and experienced Pilates teacher instructing you to ensure you do not damage yourself more. There are online classes that do offer 1:1 or small group glasses over Zoom so that the teacher can watch what you are doing.
Jane Hamilton is a professional Pilates instructor. Based in Edinburgh she offers online Pilates classes to adults of all ages and levels of ability.
Pilates Edinburgh: https://janehamiltonpilates.co.uk/
Online Pilates Classes: https://janehamiltonpilates.co.uk/online-pilates/Article source: https://articlebiz.com
There are no posted comments.
- The power of breath: A therapists guide to harnessing deep breathing for stress relief
- Unlocking the Secrets to Optimal Health and Wellness
- Are Pre-workout Supplements Important for Active Individuals?
- Accelerating Injury Recovery in Baseball Players: The Power of Electric Muscle Stimulation
- Unlocking Muscle Growth: How to Build Muscle with Electric Muscle Stimulation
- "Tech-Driven Serenity: 5 Quick Ways to Relieve Stress and Calm Your Mind"
- Cold Exposure: Whole Body Cryotherapy VS. Ice Baths
- 6 Ways to Cut Your Prescription Costs
- The Importance of Health and Wellness in the Workplace
- Why Incorporating Hex Bars into Your Strength Training Routine is a Game-Changer
- Shams Ishtiaque Rahman: Pioneering a Fitness Revolution in Bangladesh
- Optimize Your Performance by Preparing Your Muscles for Intense Workouts
- Say Goodbye to Tiredness: How Endurance Athletes Can Boost Energy Levels
- Supercharge Your Performance: How to Optimize Testosterone for Athletes
- How Mental Fitness Can Improve Your Strength Training Performance
- Maximizing Gains: Tips and Tricks for Building Muscle as a Strength Athlete
- Why Should Caregivers Consider Using Respite Care Today?
- 500 Hour Yoga Teacher Training in Rishikesh | 500 Hour Yoga TTC in Rishikesh
- READY, SET, GO, and IMPLODE
- On the Myriad Health Benefits that Meditation Provides
- Journey to Inner Peace: 200 Hour Yoga Teacher Training Program in Rishikesh
- Transform Your Life: 100 Hour Yoga Teacher Training in Rishikesh with Focus on Philosophy and Self-Discovery
- Everything you need to know about 200 Hour Yoga Teacher Training in Rishikesh, India !
- Because There Was Never Anybody There in the First Place
- Doctors Gave Up Fixing Her Sciatica, but Today She Feels Brand New
- Say Goodbye to Back Pain: How to Get Relief Naturally
- How to Prevent Shoulder Bursitis?
- Night Riders - Tips and Tricks for Riding After Dark
- The Benefits of Running on an Empty Stomach
- The best electric bikes for staying in shape