Excellent Reasons For Joining a Pilates Class
- Author Jane Hamilton
- Published November 23, 2021
- Word count 457
What is Pilates?
You may have heard people talking about Pilates as it is a popular type of exercise for a very good reason. If you have never tried it before you probably have the idea that it is similar to yoga. It does have similarities to yoga and some stretches and exercises are similar. However, yoga was first practiced thousands of years ago in India, and Pilates was invented by a German named Joseph Pilates around 1910-1920.
Probably due to ill-health as a youngster and then working with World War 1 veterans, Joseph spent his life trying to improve both his health and body condition and those with war injuries and amputations. During his youth, he tried gymnastics, boxing, yoga, and martial arts to become physically stronger and healthier.
Later in life, he met his wife who was a dancer, and used his health and fitness knowledge to help dancers with body conditioning and rehabilitation from injury.
The exercise and processes he developed have become known as the ‘Pilates Method’. Pilates classes can now be found worldwide but aren’t just for people with injuries. All adults benefit from doing Pilates exercises to keep their bodies flexible, strong, and injury-free.
Fundamentals of the Pilates Method
The 8 fundamental principles of Pilates are relaxation, alignment, centring, breathing, flowing movements, concentration, stamina, and coordination.
Benefits of Pilates
There are many common ailments that by taking a regular Pilates class can either reduce the pain, relieve the pain, or even cure you completely. These ailments include back pain, neck pain, headaches including migraine, knee pain, sciatica, repetitive sprains, and many more. Basically, if you are a person that sits at a desk all day, does a job with very repetitive movement, or someone who takes part in a lot of sport, then Pilates will help reduce body stresses and strains caused by these actions or inactions.
The Pilates exercises done regularly will provide many benefits including:
Strengthen and stretch the muscles evenly on both sides of the body.
Increase muscle and joint flexibility and mobility
Provide stress relief
Improve your body alignment and posture
Improve your core strength.
Taking part in a Pilates class
With the popularity of Pilates increasing hugely in the past 10 years, you can now find Pilates classes in every local gym and online. This means there is no excuse for you not to try a class. Although you can follow free YouTube classes, it is always better to have a fully qualified and experienced Pilates teacher instructing you to ensure you do not damage yourself more. There are online classes that do offer 1:1 or small group glasses over Zoom so that the teacher can watch what you are doing.
Jane Hamilton is a professional Pilates instructor. Based in Edinburgh she offers online Pilates classes to adults of all ages and levels of ability.
Pilates Edinburgh: https://janehamiltonpilates.co.uk/
Online Pilates Classes: https://janehamiltonpilates.co.uk/online-pilates/Article source: https://articlebiz.com
There are no posted comments.
- The best electric bikes for staying in shape
- Understanding the Mental Health Journey
- Discover How a Quick Weight Loss Can Be a Healthy Weight Loss
- Benefits of Swimming
- Seven Tips For A Long And Healthy Life
- How to choose running shoes?
- Is Meditation Like Exercise for the Mind?
- What is a gait analysis used for?
- Don't Lock Down Your Fitness, Exercising At Home No Motivation Required
- 10 Advantages of Swimming Lessons for Children
- Will Sanity Prevail?
- Immortality, Fantasy and Reality
- The Brain, The Ego and The Mind
- The Modus operandi of The Ego
- Energy Healing Techniques to Help You Gain Greater Control of Your Emotions
- Updated List of Best Exercise Bikes for Tall Person 2022
- How Exercise Can Benefit Your Mouth
- Strength training for beginners
- Do You Need Motivation To Get Fitter and Healthier? An Online Fitness Programme May Be The Answer
- Why make mindfulness a habit
- When You Should Visit a Chiropractor?
- Best home gym equipment-Get in shape at home | Ignitto
- How to Become a Successful Personal Trainer
- The Nature of Nicotine Patches
- Work With Only the Best Diet Plan for Weight Loss
- The extra advantages of jump rope
- Some Common Healthy Activities to Slow Aging
- The Benefits of Indoor Golf
- Cycling: the Most Convenient Form of Exercise