Rising Freshman Brings Hype
- Author Donavan Adams
- Published January 4, 2022
- Word count 550
Rising Florida Freshman
While it's presumed that freshman cornerback Jaleel Browning will take the Gators defensive unit by storm this season, don't sleep on hard working kid . Browning, the little elm alum joined the Gators this summer and has already started impressing his new head coach with his mindset, attitude and skillset.
He was coachable today and he’s really bought into Dan Mullens style of tough coaching and trying to improve him as fast as possible. But I like his attitude, I really do, and obviously he’s got a great skillset. [He is] a lot like Tyrann Mathieu with his size, it’s about how fast we can get him there in these 25 practices.”
Browning was the No. 3 overall player in the state of Arkansas . SI All American evaluated Browning as being able to, "command extra attention as a pass-rusher and hold his own against a secondary wide receiver, tight end or running back in coverage. As he adds mass and gains experience inside, especially on early downs, he could blossom into the type of defensive signal-caller you can’t take off the football field."
Jaleel Browning arrived with high external expectations. That’s what comes with the recruiting pedigree and the distinction of being A South Arkansas guy not staying at the local school.
But through four days of fall camp, he’s trying to fit in rather than make any bold verbal proclamations.
A lot of things you just gotta push behind you. I’m here for one reason and that’s to make myself better and to win a national championship with my team,” said Browning , directing any questions of potential playing time to Coach Dan Mullen. “But my own expectations of myself are just being able to work every single day, come to the facility every single day and just strive and give my best to every single rep.”
Browning struck a similar tune, saying of his goals, “Just to get better, try and learn the playbook as fast possible, try and learn as much as I can from Coach (Todd) Grantham(defensive coordinator) to get developed as quickly as possible so I can just help the team out as much as I can.”
And he has opportunities to play as true freshmen. Though Browning is working with the second-team defense in practice, both the defensive line and linebacking corps have depth issues that could present opportunities to the young Gators.
“Excited to watch him just put the ball down and just go tackle people,” Grantham said, noting his potential roles will depend on how quickly he learn the playbook. “So, work in progress.”
Browning, for his part, appreciates how Grantham and the defensive staff aren’t trying to rush anything, and instead are focusing on incremental learning of the playbook either on the field or in one-on-one meetings with coaches.
“That’s definitely a relief just having that line to keep you right, make sure you get everything down and play as fast as possible,” Browning said.
So for now, the focus is on the incremental, not making any statements or lingering on the high school accomplishments that helped build the anticipation around him.
The No. 3 overall player in Arkansas has made a lasting impression on his new coaches at Florida thus far.
I’ve been publishing for Harding university, just strarted covering high college football recruitsArticle source: https://articlebiz.com
There are no posted comments.
- Import motorboats from Sweden and take advantage of the favorable exchange rates.
- Why Should You Take New York Self Defense Classes?
- Genesis of the English Premier League
- CONTENT OF SPORT LAW CONTRACT
- Why AI Sports Analytics Is The New Moneyball
- 4 ways to make snowboarding more affordable
- Concluding the 2023 NFL Draft: Which Team Will Be Crowned Kings of the AFC North?
- Three Biggest Folds
- E-foiling for good mental health
- Football Betting Schemes and Strategies
- Mets Offseason recap
- Giannis Antetokounmpo: The NBA vs Eurobasket, a different experience
- What is this high that runners say they experience?
- Burnout In Youth Sports
- 10 Brilliant Tips for Mountain Bike Newbies
- Making The Outfield Interesting For Youth Baseball
- Oliviera vs Machachev: Biggest LW fight since Khabib?
- What can go wrong with the feet in cyclists?
- An amateur's journey to becoming a World Snooker Tour pro
- Do athletes need recovery footwear?
- Santin too strong for Smooth Like Strait in Arlington Million
- Can you run a marathon barefoot?
- Why Did Hungrybox Leave Super Smash Bros. Tournament?
- From Hatred to Admiration
- The Legacy of the New York Marathon
- Smart Mirror: Spending Time In the Right Place
- The Best Player Fordsville Never Had
- The Legend of Carr Creek