Why You Should Be Careful With DIY Teeth Whitening Hacks
- Author Ramy Georgy Dentist
- Published April 7, 2022
- Word count 624
Although editing your teeth to look whiter in a photo can be fixed quickly with the click of a button, individuals still desire to have pearly whites for in-person interactions and as a boost of self-confidence. Scared off by the high price tag of professional in-house teeth whitening, many individuals take to DIY methods they’ve seen passed around social media. However, while these viral trends might seem like a cost-effective way to whiten your teeth, they can end up doing more harm than good. Here’s why you should be careful with DIY teeth whitening hacks:
You Might Damage Your Enamel
Tooth enamel is the outer covering of your tooth. Its purpose is to protect the inner parts of your teeth, which are more fragile. It helps delay and prevents tooth decay. Using at-home hacks, especially as a continual habit, can end up damaging your enamel. Since these hacks usually involve harsh scrubbing or abrasive materials, they can end up weakening the very part of your teeth that was built to be a protective “shield.” Tooth enamel is not reproduced over time, which is why individuals should be extra cautious when participating in viral teeth whitening trends that haven’t been backed up by dental professionals.
They Could Cause Uneven Colors
Many people purchase whitening strips and other methods marketed as quick fixes to stained teeth. However, amateur use of these products and the products’ designs, in general, can lead to an uneven coloring effect. What once began as a way to whiten your teeth can end in your teeth looking worse than before, highlighting your discolored teeth next to newly brightened teeth. This can give you the opposite effect of what you were going for. When trying to whiten your teeth, it is worth it to spend a little more in order to achieve a more unified result that doesn’t point out the “imperfections” in your smile.
There Can Be Dangerous Health Effects
Whether purchasing over-the-counter kits or using at-home hacks that haven’t been approved by your dentist, there are some dangerous health effects that can come about. These hacks can actually lead to stomach problems, infections, toothaches, and other dental-related or digestive issues. Whenever using new products, especially in your mouth, it is important to read which chemicals and ingredients are used and what health effects they could have. A seemingly inexpensive DIY hack can actually result in a hefty doctor’s bill if it takes this effect on your body.
Hacks Can Cause Gum Damage
As your dentist would affirm, gum health is just as important as teeth health, and it is important to protect them just as you would your teeth. However, some ingredients in teeth whitening hacks, especially hydrogen peroxide, have been known to cause gum damage if used in excess. It is best to avoid these harmful ingredients altogether rather than trying to find a cheap remedy for stained teeth. Keeping healthy gums contributes to your dental hygiene and tooth coloring. Therefore, implementing DIY methods that harm your gums could be counteractive to your goal. Dentists instead recommend relying on basic hygiene methods, like flossing, to help you achieve a brighter smile.
When wanting to improve the outer appearance of your teeth, it is always wise to contact your dentist and allow them to advise you on the best possible methods. It is understandable that not every individual will choose to pay for professional teeth whitening, but your dentist will likely have additional suggestions for achieving a glowing look without putting your enamel and gums in harm’s way. DIY teeth whitening hacks may seem like a cheaper way to achieve visually appealing pearly whites, but they can cause long-term damage, especially if used regularly.
Ramy Georgy is an Australia-based dentist with a keen knowledge of the best practices to keep one's teeth shining.Article source: https://articlebiz.com
There are no posted comments.
- Top 5 Anti-Aging Skincare Ingredients That Work
- Read About The Faqs Of Careprost!
- Careprost Vs Latisse: Which Lash Enhancer Reigns Supreme?
- The Top 5 Anti-Aging Ingredients That Actually Work For Your Skin
- Bridal Glow-Up: Tanning Tips and Services for Hills District Brides
- The Ultimate Guide to Eyelash Extension Care: Tips for Long-Lasting Lashes
- The Ultimate Guide to Choosing the Right Eyelash Extensions for Your Eye Shape
- Mobile vs. Salon Tanning: Which is Right for You?
- 6 Non-Cosmetic Benefits of Invisalign
- Align Your Outer Appearance With Your Inner Identity
- Are Medspas The Walmarts Of Esthetic Medicine?
- Improve The Personality Implied by Your Face
- Is Face serum beneficial and why you should include it in your daily routine?
- Costco Has the Secret to Stronger Nails and Shinier Hair—Discover It Now!
- Achieving Natural-Looking Lip Fillers: Tips for the Perfect Pout
- Celeb Hairstylist Reveals 5 Must-Try Tips for Healthy Hair
- The Power of Superfoods - Boosting Longevity and Nutrition
- How to Twist Natural Hair for Beginners
- Best Cosmetic Packaging Supplier from China - UKPACK
- Feminine Products for Breast, Libido, Bladder, and Skin Health
- Create your own unique shade of beauty with Custom Eyeshadow Palette
- Unveiling Aveli: The Revolutionary Cellulite Reduction Treatment Taking NYC by Storm
- "Your Beauty Tips" - Simple Advice for a Radiant You
- "Homemade Skin Cosmetics: Natural Recipes for Radiant Skin"
- The Science behind Careprost: Understanding its mechanism of action
- Revitalize Your Body with MedSpa and IV Therapy in Scottsdale, Arizona
- Why Regular Dental Check-ups Are So Important
- The Science Behind Body Sculpting: How Cavitation Works
- Unveiling the Best Sonicare Toothbrush: A Comprehensive Review
- The Rise of Affordable Electric Toothbrushes: Affordable Dental Care at Your Fingertips