6 Resources for Leadership Development
- Author George Koveoss
- Published April 11, 2022
- Word count 444
Leadership development is invaluable whether you’re a seasoned leader or an aspiring young professional. Even for professionals who never work in a management role, taking time to foster leadership skills affects how they work with colleagues and approach their work. It is always worth it to invest in continuing education and personal development. Below are six resources for developing practical leadership skills.
Especially for professionals who don’t have degrees in business, taking some courses at a business school can be a great way to learn professional leadership skills. In addition to learning valuable business information, business school is a great way to expand a professional network and connect with helpful contacts. Plenty of excellent business schools offer online courses, so researching a few options and choosing relevant courses can be a perfect opportunity for leadership development.
Mentors and Coaches
If the cost of business classes is a prohibitive factor, there are plenty of free options, including finding a business mentor. Especially for young professionals, connecting with a more experienced colleague in a mentorship context can offer invaluable advice and feedback. For professionals who want a more structured experience, professional business coaches are available for hire that will provide consulting and advising services.
Books and Podcasts
One of the best opportunities for professional leadership development is through books and podcasts. There are books and podcasts produced by professionals from almost every industry, offering personal insight based on experience. It can be easy to get stuck only reading or listening to content directly related to your industry or business. Still, one of the best ways to expand leadership skills is to seek out information from various sources. Expand your knowledge by picking up a book on something you know next to nothing about, or listen to a podcast about mental health to learn how best to support your team’s wellbeing!
This can be an intimidating way to learn, but soliciting feedback from team members can be an excellent way to identify weaknesses and decide what skills to focus on. However, this technique is only effective if team members feel comfortable sharing constructive feedback. It can be helpful to set up a feedback system in which people can remain completely anonymous so no one is afraid of possible repercussions for offering negative feedback.
In addition to the previously mentioned resources, fantastic leadership development resources are abundant online! There are ways to explore almost any professional skill, from free education and certification platforms like HubSpot Academy to public speaking resources like Speaking.io. Whatever skills you might want to develop, there are likely resources online to help you get started.
George Koveos is a management professional with a successful career history behind him.Article source: https://articlebiz.com
There are no posted comments.
- Elevating Corporate Success through Relationship Asset Management (RAM): The Chief Relationship Officer's Vital Role
- 5 Strategies for Becoming an Inspiring Leader
- Are you a Leader—or a Dinosaur?
- Networking—Basic things to know
- Lessons from a Farmer
- Think like an Entrepreneur
- Maximising ROI at Your Next Corporate Event
- Hiring Your Leadership Team: The Best Traits for the Best Employee Experience
- Reqi: Your Ultimate Requirements Management Tool
- Hiring Insights and Tips from a COO with a Psychoanalytic Mindset
- Micromanagement Stifles Creativity and Growth
- TIKTOK INFLUENCER MARKETING
- Innovate or Stagnate: Why Business Model Transformation is Non-Negotiable.
- Creating a successful Trade show in 2023
- Air Lift Performance: Elevating Your Driving Experience with Air Suspension
- Disaster Recovery Plan for Tornado
- What Is a 360 Leadership Assessment?
- Diary Management: A Comprehensive Guide
- Supreme Synergy: Humans and AI Redefining Performance Management
- Corporate Prepaid Cards Highlights the Hidden Costs of Cheap Corporate Gifts
- NEARSOL Capitalises on Rapid Growth of Australian BPO Industry, Revolutionising Outsourcing Solutions
- Are Legal Service Companies Better than Law Firms?
- Threats to Aviation Safety; when operating in low infrastructure aerodromes
- Diversity and Inclusion Employee Survey
- How to Lead an Employee Resource Group
- Effective Management: Qualities, Mindset and Strategies for Success
- WHAT ARE THE CHARACTERISTICS OF MOTIVATED PEOPLE?
- best gold ira companies
- Guiding Construction Management Strategy: A Theoretical Perspective