6 Resources for Leadership Development
- Author George Koveoss
- Published April 11, 2022
- Word count 444
Leadership development is invaluable whether you’re a seasoned leader or an aspiring young professional. Even for professionals who never work in a management role, taking time to foster leadership skills affects how they work with colleagues and approach their work. It is always worth it to invest in continuing education and personal development. Below are six resources for developing practical leadership skills.
Especially for professionals who don’t have degrees in business, taking some courses at a business school can be a great way to learn professional leadership skills. In addition to learning valuable business information, business school is a great way to expand a professional network and connect with helpful contacts. Plenty of excellent business schools offer online courses, so researching a few options and choosing relevant courses can be a perfect opportunity for leadership development.
Mentors and Coaches
If the cost of business classes is a prohibitive factor, there are plenty of free options, including finding a business mentor. Especially for young professionals, connecting with a more experienced colleague in a mentorship context can offer invaluable advice and feedback. For professionals who want a more structured experience, professional business coaches are available for hire that will provide consulting and advising services.
Books and Podcasts
One of the best opportunities for professional leadership development is through books and podcasts. There are books and podcasts produced by professionals from almost every industry, offering personal insight based on experience. It can be easy to get stuck only reading or listening to content directly related to your industry or business. Still, one of the best ways to expand leadership skills is to seek out information from various sources. Expand your knowledge by picking up a book on something you know next to nothing about, or listen to a podcast about mental health to learn how best to support your team’s wellbeing!
This can be an intimidating way to learn, but soliciting feedback from team members can be an excellent way to identify weaknesses and decide what skills to focus on. However, this technique is only effective if team members feel comfortable sharing constructive feedback. It can be helpful to set up a feedback system in which people can remain completely anonymous so no one is afraid of possible repercussions for offering negative feedback.
In addition to the previously mentioned resources, fantastic leadership development resources are abundant online! There are ways to explore almost any professional skill, from free education and certification platforms like HubSpot Academy to public speaking resources like Speaking.io. Whatever skills you might want to develop, there are likely resources online to help you get started.
George Koveos is a management professional with a successful career history behind him.Article source: https://articlebiz.com
There are no posted comments.
- From Lean Six Sigma practitioner to Performance Coach
- Measuring Customer Success: The Key Metrics That Actually Matter
- RESILIENCE AND COURAGE TOP CEO's WISH LIST FOR 2023
- Changing Workplace Culture with Human Leadership and Psychological Safety
- How to Manage Warehouse Staff for Cost Savings and Optimal Efficiency
- Will remote work be held responsible for the demise of the office?
- Why You Should Consider Hiring A Security Team To Protect Your Business
- Pay for Performance
- Why Businesses Should Invest In Soft Skills Training
- Do You Know How the Perfect Investor for Your Idea Looks Like?
- Cultivating a Culture That Propels Organizational Growth
- The Main Contributors Of Poor Data Integrity – What Can You Do About It?
- Project Management for Developing Countries
- Benefits Of Using LTL Freight Shipping
- 10 Must-Do Steps for Successful Business Planning of Startups
- Should you implement an Employee Assistance Program at your organisation?
- Crisis Management in an Educational Institution After COVID-19: Addressing Difficulties in the Transition to Virtual Education
- SWOT Analysis and 50 Urgent Questions to Ask (Free Checklist)
- The Authentic Manager
- AUDIT SERVICES IN UAE
- 5 Tips to Grow Your Business in 12 Months
- Things That Will Lead Your Small Business A CRA Audit
- How To Calculate And Manage Capacity in an Agile Environment
- 5 Jaw-Dropping Reasons Why MiMETV is the Best Internet Service Provider in Dhaka.
- The role of small and medium enterprises on the country's economy
- 6 Benefits of Doing Business in the United Kingdom
- 9 tips for digital transformation success
- Creating Psychological Safety through structure and human interaction
- Tips for Establishing Trust as a Leader