3 Ways Coconut Water Can Benefit You Quickly
Health & Fitness → Nutrition & Supplement
- Author Janice Palmer
- Published May 19, 2022
- Word count 540
Are you having problems gaining the minerals in your diet that you need? Want to have peace of mind that you are getting all the essential minerals your body needs to stay healthy? Well, here are three easy ways coconut water can quickly help. But first, a bit about the coconut.
The coconut tree (Cocos nucifera) is a palm tree from the Arecaceae family of plants that originate from Island Southeast Asia and spread some 6,000 years ago via seaborne migrations to the Pacific, Madagascar, and Comoros. The name coconut is from the Portuguese word coco, which means ‘head’ or ‘skull’ because the three indentations on the coconut shell resemble a face. Coco and coconut appear to date from 1521, when Iberian explorers found the large nuts, which reminded them of a ghost or witch in Portuguese folklore called ‘coco.’
Botanically, the coconut is a DRUPE, not a nut, with the outer yellow-green-brown glossy skin being the exocarp. The tough fiber or coir is the mesocarp, which has many commercial uses. The exocarp and the mesocarp make up the coconut “husk,” and the endocarp is the hard coconut “shell.”
Inside the endocarp is a hollow, initially filled with a liquid endosperm called “coconut water,” which is this article’s subject. Coconut water is 94% water with very little fat. As the drupe matures, the coconut water becomes solid endosperm or white “coconut meat or flesh,” which later nourishes the newly germinating coconut tree if allowed by farmers. A coconut drupe takes 10-12 months to mature.
Do not confuse coconut water with coconut milk, which is made by adding water to grated coconut meat. Coconut milk contains 50 percent water and is relatively high in fat.
3 Health Benefits of Coconut Water
#1. Coconut water is slightly sweet and nutty and loaded with minerals. A cupful or a quarter of a liter contains just 60 calories and the following MINERALS:
Calcium: 4% of the Recommended Daily Amount (RDA)
Magnesium: 4% of the RDA
Phosphorus: 2% of the RDA
Potassium: 15% of the RDA
#2. Research indicates that coconut water contains ANTIOXIDANTS which may counter the harmful effects of free radicals.
#3. Coconut water is an HYDRATOR. It is a beverage for restoring hydration and replenishing electrolytes such as potassium and magnesium lost during exercise.
In addition to these three health benefits, coconut water is slightly sweet with a subtle, nutty flavor. It is freshest directly out of the fruit. However, it is impractical to fill the fridge with fresh coconuts, so many brands of coconut water are available in the shops. However, read the ingredients to verify you are getting 100 percent coconut water, as some bottled brands contain added sugar or flavoring agents.
In cooking, coconut water is an excellent base for smoothies, chia seed pudding, and vinaigrette dressing. Use it as a substitute for plain water whenever a little natural sweetness is desired.
Your ultimate levels of minerals, vitamins, and antioxidants from coconut water can be reached if you take note of the principles given in this article. Getting the proper mineral balance is not a pipe dream and has nothing to do with genetic makeup. Use the information here, and very soon, you will have confidence and satisfaction that you have the correct minerals and antioxidants your body needs from coconut water.
Janice Palmer has put together a complimentary report on minerals in our food to help solve your mineral intake problems quickly and permanently. To access it instantly, please visit https://pureminerals.uk/book/Article source: https://articlebiz.com
There are no posted comments.
- CBD FOR PAIN RELIEF: A NATURAL ALTERNATIVE TO OPIOIDS
- Earlybird Morning Cocktail: A Comprehensive Review
- The Benefits and Advantages of Liquid B12 Supplements
- The 6 Smartest Ways to Manage Your Blood Sugar
- Does Homeopathy Work to Help Health Problems?
- Psychedelic Science: The Medical Benefits of Magic Mushrooms On The Mind
- How to Lower Blood Sugar Within 10 Minutes
- The 6 Best Herbs to Balance Blood Sugar
- Sleeply Sleep Support Supplement
- Sonic Solace Supplement for Ear Health and Tinnitus
- Boost Erections & Sexual Vitality: Unlock the door to Hard & Durable Erections
- Why is Vitamin D so Important?
- NUTRITION FOR SPECIFIC POPULATIONS
- How To Choose The Right Nursing Home Care Service For You
- Is a Plant-Based Diet Good or Bad News for Your Oral Health?
- Anti Aging - What is it and How Can You Benefit From It? How to anti-aging?
- Connecting the Health Dots Between Coconut Oil, Lauric Acid and Monolaurin
- Why Are Healthy Eating Habits Important?
- How Healthy Eating Affects Your Body?
- Women’s Health Screen
- Types of Multivitamins and Their Uses
- PepsiCo statistics & information
- Food as Medicine: How Healing Foods Can Improve Your Health
- Are bacon and eggs really that bad for you?
- Vitamin K-2
- The Most Asked Questions About Pharmacies in Ireland
- Tips for Buying Liquid Chlorophyll Drops
- 4 STRATEGIES FOR GETTING READY TO PERFORM
- Health Benefits of Red Onions