Should you implement an Employee Assistance Program at your organisation?
- Author Tommy Lee Costa
- Published August 16, 2022
- Word count 248
To say the last couple of years have been tough for businesses is an understatement. Many organisations are struggling where they previously thrived. But it isn't just companies that are being affected - spare a thought for your employees too.
Your team is your most valuable asset. If they aren't performing, then neither is your organisation. Of course, human beings are infinitely more complex than a computer or piece of software - performing "maintenance" on your team isn't as straightforward as swapping out a printer cartridge or replacing a problem part. This is especially true when it comes to mental health.
Luckily, this is where an Employee Assistance Program comes into the picture.
An EAP is essentially an on-demand counselling service designed for the needs of companies.Delivered by accredited psychologists, EAPs are designed to provide employees with personalised and confidential counselling and psychology whenever they experience mental health issues of any kind, be it relationship, personal, grief, stress, or family-related. They are provided by external organisations and while the payment system can depend on who you contract your EAP to, they are typically provided at no or heavily-reduced cost to emplyoyees to encourage usage.
A workplace EAP can help employees:
Adjust to changes
Manage stress and work/life balance challenges
Resolve interpersonal conflicts in the workplace
Deal with relationship and family issues
Cope with depression and anxiety
With substance abuse
All of which can directly translate into improved productivity, reduced absenteeism, higher motivation, and improved staff retention.
Read more about how an Employee Assistance Program can help your organisation: https://www.accesspsych.com.au/why-use-eap-to-look-after-employees-mental-health/Article source: https://articlebiz.com
There are no posted comments.
- What is Business Consulting ?
- Examination of business practices across the GCC in the context of the World Cup
- From Lean Six Sigma practitioner to Performance Coach
- Measuring Customer Success: The Key Metrics That Actually Matter
- RESILIENCE AND COURAGE TOP CEO's WISH LIST FOR 2023
- Changing Workplace Culture with Human Leadership and Psychological Safety
- How to Manage Warehouse Staff for Cost Savings and Optimal Efficiency
- Will remote work be held responsible for the demise of the office?
- Why You Should Consider Hiring A Security Team To Protect Your Business
- Pay for Performance
- Why Businesses Should Invest In Soft Skills Training
- Do You Know How the Perfect Investor for Your Idea Looks Like?
- Cultivating a Culture That Propels Organizational Growth
- The Main Contributors Of Poor Data Integrity – What Can You Do About It?
- Project Management for Developing Countries
- Benefits Of Using LTL Freight Shipping
- 10 Must-Do Steps for Successful Business Planning of Startups
- Crisis Management in an Educational Institution After COVID-19: Addressing Difficulties in the Transition to Virtual Education
- SWOT Analysis and 50 Urgent Questions to Ask (Free Checklist)
- The Authentic Manager
- AUDIT SERVICES IN UAE
- 5 Tips to Grow Your Business in 12 Months
- Things That Will Lead Your Small Business A CRA Audit
- How To Calculate And Manage Capacity in an Agile Environment
- 5 Jaw-Dropping Reasons Why MiMETV is the Best Internet Service Provider in Dhaka.
- The role of small and medium enterprises on the country's economy
- 6 Resources for Leadership Development
- 6 Benefits of Doing Business in the United Kingdom
- 9 tips for digital transformation success