Should you implement an Employee Assistance Program at your organisation?
- Author Tommy Lee Costa
- Published August 16, 2022
- Word count 248
To say the last couple of years have been tough for businesses is an understatement. Many organisations are struggling where they previously thrived. But it isn't just companies that are being affected - spare a thought for your employees too.
Your team is your most valuable asset. If they aren't performing, then neither is your organisation. Of course, human beings are infinitely more complex than a computer or piece of software - performing "maintenance" on your team isn't as straightforward as swapping out a printer cartridge or replacing a problem part. This is especially true when it comes to mental health.
Luckily, this is where an Employee Assistance Program comes into the picture.
An EAP is essentially an on-demand counselling service designed for the needs of companies.Delivered by accredited psychologists, EAPs are designed to provide employees with personalised and confidential counselling and psychology whenever they experience mental health issues of any kind, be it relationship, personal, grief, stress, or family-related. They are provided by external organisations and while the payment system can depend on who you contract your EAP to, they are typically provided at no or heavily-reduced cost to emplyoyees to encourage usage.
A workplace EAP can help employees:
Adjust to changes
Manage stress and work/life balance challenges
Resolve interpersonal conflicts in the workplace
Deal with relationship and family issues
Cope with depression and anxiety
With substance abuse
All of which can directly translate into improved productivity, reduced absenteeism, higher motivation, and improved staff retention.
Read more about how an Employee Assistance Program can help your organisation: https://www.accesspsych.com.au/why-use-eap-to-look-after-employees-mental-health/Article source: https://articlebiz.com
There are no posted comments.
- Elevating Corporate Success through Relationship Asset Management (RAM): The Chief Relationship Officer's Vital Role
- 5 Strategies for Becoming an Inspiring Leader
- Are you a Leader—or a Dinosaur?
- Networking—Basic things to know
- Lessons from a Farmer
- Think like an Entrepreneur
- Maximising ROI at Your Next Corporate Event
- Hiring Your Leadership Team: The Best Traits for the Best Employee Experience
- Reqi: Your Ultimate Requirements Management Tool
- Hiring Insights and Tips from a COO with a Psychoanalytic Mindset
- Micromanagement Stifles Creativity and Growth
- TIKTOK INFLUENCER MARKETING
- Innovate or Stagnate: Why Business Model Transformation is Non-Negotiable.
- Creating a successful Trade show in 2023
- Air Lift Performance: Elevating Your Driving Experience with Air Suspension
- Disaster Recovery Plan for Tornado
- What Is a 360 Leadership Assessment?
- Diary Management: A Comprehensive Guide
- Supreme Synergy: Humans and AI Redefining Performance Management
- Corporate Prepaid Cards Highlights the Hidden Costs of Cheap Corporate Gifts
- NEARSOL Capitalises on Rapid Growth of Australian BPO Industry, Revolutionising Outsourcing Solutions
- Are Legal Service Companies Better than Law Firms?
- Threats to Aviation Safety; when operating in low infrastructure aerodromes
- Diversity and Inclusion Employee Survey
- How to Lead an Employee Resource Group
- Effective Management: Qualities, Mindset and Strategies for Success
- WHAT ARE THE CHARACTERISTICS OF MOTIVATED PEOPLE?
- best gold ira companies
- Guiding Construction Management Strategy: A Theoretical Perspective