You’ll Never Look at Aluminum Foil the Same Way Again
- Author Bob Davis
- Published September 21, 2022
- Word count 607
Everyone knows that aluminum foil is an effective, environmentally-friendly way to cook food over an open flame and keep leftovers tasting great. But few people get creative with their aluminum foil, despite the fact that there are dozens of things you can use it for.
If you need to close an unsealable bag, take a strip of aluminum foil and fold it over the opening of the bag. Press it down firmly and use a hot iron on it to ensure the bag is closed. For those with large kitchens, place aluminum foil on the bottoms of your drawers and cupboards to keep them clean. It’s easy to slide them out, throw them away, and replace them when they get too dirty.
Do you have fruit-bearing trees with pests? Tie a few pieces of aluminum foil to the branches of the trees to ward off squirrels and birds. Keeping produce from going bad is also easy with aluminum foil. Roll celery stalks up into aluminum foil to maintain their freshness for as long as a month, and wrap the stems of your bananas in aluminum foil to stop them from ripening so quickly.
If you’re a carb-lover, aluminum foil can combat bread mishaps of all kinds. Cook your pizza in a pan on medium for a few minutes, covered with a sheet of dome-shaped foil, to restore its crunch. When heating up a pie, cover the crust’s edges with foil to prevent them from charring. Finally, to dry out soggy bread, encase it in a sheet of foil and put it in the oven for a few minutes to make it soft but not crispy.
If you’re an avid meat-eater, you’ve likely been left with hot grease after cooking. Place a piece of an aluminum sheet on the bottom of a bowl and pour the grease into it - you can throw it out when it cools and solidifies. For a clean oven, cover the base inside with foil to hold onto bits of food that find their way down, and replace the foil when it’s dirty.
To shine up your silverware, place foil dull side down in your sink and boil six cups of water. Add six teaspoons of salt and baking soda, three cups of vinegar, and your foil-wrapped silverware before adding the boiling water. Once you’ve scrubbed and soaked your silverware, it should be shiny again.
Cover old furniture with aluminum foil for a sleek, modern look, or use it to cover knobs when painting doors. You can scrunch up a sheet of foil and throw it in the dryer to prevent static, or put a bit of foil between a battery and its coil to fit it to a mismatched device. You can even make your straightening iron work like a curling iron by wrapping your hair in curls and heating them with your straightening iron.
Did you already know some or all of these super useful aluminum foil tricks?
If you didn’t, don’t be afraid to try them out!
If you ever need any quality Aluminum Foil in Canada and the USA give us a call. With us, you can be sure of getting superior quality aluminum foils at the most competitive rates. We have both printed and non-printed foils which are made of different alloys of aluminum based on the various applications.
We also have laminated, anodized as well as coloured aluminum foils. We bring to you what you want in case we are lacking somewhere you can notify us and we will surely try to bring that product on our board.
There are no posted comments.
- Social Isolation in Disabled People
- What Autistic People Want You to Know About Autism
- Advances in Alzheimer's: Gamma Light Therapy, Bacteria, and Inflammation
- How do you know whether your child or you have APD?
- Mild Cognitive Impairment--A Precursor to Dementia?
- Ableism in the USA
- Post Traumatic Stress Disorder Doesn't Just Affect Combat Soldiers
- The Three Most Common Disabilities
- An Overview of the Americans with Disabilities Act
- Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder
- Strengthening Your Child’s Immunity Naturally: Proven Tips from KinderCure Clinic
- Colic in Babies: Essential Guide for Parents by Experts at KinderCure
- The Shift from Classical Thinking to Quantum Thinking
- Why Do Autistic People Wear Headphones?
- Playtime Revolution: KinderCure's Guide to Boosting Child Development Through Play
- Battle of the Germs: Often-Missed High-Touch Areas in Your Home
- Colic Relief for Infants: Expert Parenting Tips from KinderCure Clinic, Gurgaon
- Combating Childhood Obesity in India: Strategies and Success Stories from KinderCure Clinic, Gurgaon
- Why pick screen fabrics for blinds?
- Ping Pong Passion
- A Comprehensive Guide to Garage Door Repairs in Florida
- The Art and Joy of Latte Art: How to Draw on Latte
- ProDentim: A Revolution in Oral Health?
- Chronic Pain in the Disabled and Best Coping Strategies
- Are Implicit Biases Underlying Negative Impressions of the Disabled?
- How Disability Stereotypes Are Harmful
- A Modern Open-Source Technology That Conquers ACH Batch Processing
- Preparing for and Understanding the Life Insurance License Exam
- Understanding the Importance of Early Childhood Nutrition: Insights from KinderCure
- How to include God the Father in our daily lives.