You’ll Never Look at Aluminum Foil the Same Way Again
- Author Bob Davis
- Published August 21, 2022
- Word count 607
Everyone knows that aluminum foil is an effective, environmentally-friendly way to cook food over an open flame and keep leftovers tasting great. But few people get creative with their aluminum foil, despite the fact that there are dozens of things you can use it for.
If you need to close an unsealable bag, take a strip of aluminum foil and fold it over the opening of the bag. Press it down firmly and use a hot iron on it to ensure the bag is closed. For those with large kitchens, place aluminum foil on the bottoms of your drawers and cupboards to keep them clean. It’s easy to slide them out, throw them away, and replace them when they get too dirty.
Do you have fruit-bearing trees with pests? Tie a few pieces of aluminum foil to the branches of the trees to ward off squirrels and birds. Keeping produce from going bad is also easy with aluminum foil. Roll celery stalks up into aluminum foil to maintain their freshness for as long as a month, and wrap the stems of your bananas in aluminum foil to stop them from ripening so quickly.
If you’re a carb-lover, aluminum foil can combat bread mishaps of all kinds. Cook your pizza in a pan on medium for a few minutes, covered with a sheet of dome-shaped foil, to restore its crunch. When heating up a pie, cover the crust’s edges with foil to prevent them from charring. Finally, to dry out soggy bread, encase it in a sheet of foil and put it in the oven for a few minutes to make it soft but not crispy.
If you’re an avid meat-eater, you’ve likely been left with hot grease after cooking. Place a piece of an aluminum sheet on the bottom of a bowl and pour the grease into it - you can throw it out when it cools and solidifies. For a clean oven, cover the base inside with foil to hold onto bits of food that find their way down, and replace the foil when it’s dirty.
To shine up your silverware, place foil dull side down in your sink and boil six cups of water. Add six teaspoons of salt and baking soda, three cups of vinegar, and your foil-wrapped silverware before adding the boiling water. Once you’ve scrubbed and soaked your silverware, it should be shiny again.
Cover old furniture with aluminum foil for a sleek, modern look, or use it to cover knobs when painting doors. You can scrunch up a sheet of foil and throw it in the dryer to prevent static, or put a bit of foil between a battery and its coil to fit it to a mismatched device. You can even make your straightening iron work like a curling iron by wrapping your hair in curls and heating them with your straightening iron.
Did you already know some or all of these super useful aluminum foil tricks?
If you didn’t, don’t be afraid to try them out!
If you ever need any quality Aluminum Foil in Canada and the USA give us a call. With us, you can be sure of getting superior quality aluminum foils at the most competitive rates. We have both printed and non-printed foils which are made of different alloys of aluminum based on the various applications.
We also have laminated, anodized as well as coloured aluminum foils. We bring to you what you want in case we are lacking somewhere you can notify us and we will surely try to bring that product on our board.
There are no posted comments.
- 9 Dentistry Jokes That Are Sure to Make You Smile
- Have you been to Healesville Sanctuary?
- Can you get a blood clot from a COVID-19 vaccine?
- What are COVID toes?
- Three Behaviors Causing People to Gain Weight when Losing Weight
- Using Heel Pads to Treat Sever's Disease in the Childs Foot
- Can the corn removal pads help get rid of corns on the feet?
- Epoxy Resin Flooring with high durability in brief
- Cost of Epoxy Floor Coatings in Sydney, Australia
- Epoxy Floor Coatings and Metallic Epoxy Floor Coatings
- the main Advantages of Epoxy Flooring
- Advantages of Epoxy Flooring in less than 4 minutes.
- Why Epoxy Flooring in Sydney is on high Demands?
- Yak Cheese Chews For Dogs - The DELICIOUS Way To Keep Your Pup Busy
- The Benefits of Dog Wet Wipes
- The Scoop on Compostable Dog Poo Bags
- Keep Your Pup's Ears Clean and Healthy with the Right Ear Cleaner
- Can Reflexology Help Improve Your Health?
- How can you get rid of corns on the foot?
- What is pitted keratolysis?
- How to treat cracked skin around the heels?
- Should you be concerned about concussion in children?
- 4 Benefits of a Post-Divorce Smile Makeover
- How to choose the best dog poo bags
- What's Troubling The Stock Market? It's Missiles, Not Basis Points
- How Useful Are the Urea Based Creams for Dry Skin?
- Dealing With Cracked Skin Around the Heels
- How to select the best shoes for the growing child's foot
- What can go wrong with the feet in cyclists?
- How can foot orthotics help foot problems?