Cultivating a Culture That Propels Organizational Growth
- Author Maxwell Sumba
- Published September 21, 2022
- Word count 504
Every business of whatever size wants growth to be part of its journey. This would mean putting in the necessary efforts and resources to accomplish objectives that have been laid down towards achieving desired growth. Achieving this requires a culture that is coordinated with the diligence with employees having a clear end goal.
Different organizations pursue different growth types i.e., organic growth, strategic growth, internal, partnership, acquisitions, and merger. Regardless of which growth direction is being taken, culture remains to be a key pillar to lean on when walking through the journey. A well-cultivated culture is what successful companies pride themselves on.
A culture that propels growth is heavily dependent on leadership. This goes without saying, organizations must invest heavily in leadership. These leaders should provide an environment where growth is encouraged. In many organizations that haven't seen the light of growth, toxicity is in play. People undermine each other in the name of shinning or for personal reasons, there is a lot of micromanaging, and exploitation of employees to achieve results. In such situations, leaders may have veered off the main road of growth and shifted to performance. With such, fear-based culture is created that leads to protectionism, minimum risk-taking & innovation, a lot of employee burn-out, and turnover with the result being poor performance.
In a Forbes article, Tony Schwartz argues "building a culture focused on performance may not be the best, healthiest, or most sustainable way to fuel results. Instead, it may be more effective to focus on creating a culture of growth" This indicates that culture for growth is important. But what is this culture?
To create a culture that promotes growth, there are key elements worth observing which are a safe environment, manageable experiments, continuous learning, and continuous feedback. In such a culture, employees and leaders interact with each other and everyone is coaching and learning from one another. When leaders focus on the above elements, coupled with inward commitment to provide a consistent example of a growth mindset, people will thrive, and create a sustainable growth culture that leads to far greater innovation, performance, and results than we could ever hope to accomplish by just focusing on performance and results alone.
Leaders should as well lead with a growth mindset that ignites intrinsic motivation from employees that makes them find more meaning in work, engage, and commit to the organization. With this mindset and consistency in modeling the growth approach while working with people, the environment becomes safe for everyone to disclose his/her vulnerabilities. (We are not equal and so we have various weaknesses that should be accommodated in workplaces). As a result, we see limitations and gaps as developmental opportunities, not issues to be avoided.
To achieve growth, there is a need for clarity on vision, good leadership skills, and a well-laid plan to realize the goal. It is possible, it has been done before and it can still be done by the small, medium, and micro businesses, it's not a reserve for the big boys.
Maxwell Sumba is an Accountant, Business Strategists, and a Writer. I am a passionate business leader who would wish to see every idea making turns to the most profitable height
W can have a discussion through: email@example.comArticle source: https://articlebiz.com
There are no posted comments.
- What is Business Consulting ?
- Examination of business practices across the GCC in the context of the World Cup
- From Lean Six Sigma practitioner to Performance Coach
- Measuring Customer Success: The Key Metrics That Actually Matter
- RESILIENCE AND COURAGE TOP CEO's WISH LIST FOR 2023
- Changing Workplace Culture with Human Leadership and Psychological Safety
- How to Manage Warehouse Staff for Cost Savings and Optimal Efficiency
- Will remote work be held responsible for the demise of the office?
- Why You Should Consider Hiring A Security Team To Protect Your Business
- Pay for Performance
- Why Businesses Should Invest In Soft Skills Training
- Do You Know How the Perfect Investor for Your Idea Looks Like?
- The Main Contributors Of Poor Data Integrity – What Can You Do About It?
- Project Management for Developing Countries
- Benefits Of Using LTL Freight Shipping
- 10 Must-Do Steps for Successful Business Planning of Startups
- Should you implement an Employee Assistance Program at your organisation?
- Crisis Management in an Educational Institution After COVID-19: Addressing Difficulties in the Transition to Virtual Education
- SWOT Analysis and 50 Urgent Questions to Ask (Free Checklist)
- The Authentic Manager
- AUDIT SERVICES IN UAE
- 5 Tips to Grow Your Business in 12 Months
- Things That Will Lead Your Small Business A CRA Audit
- How To Calculate And Manage Capacity in an Agile Environment
- 5 Jaw-Dropping Reasons Why MiMETV is the Best Internet Service Provider in Dhaka.
- The role of small and medium enterprises on the country's economy
- 6 Resources for Leadership Development
- 6 Benefits of Doing Business in the United Kingdom
- 9 tips for digital transformation success