Micro-Needling for Natural Beauty
- Author Dr Bret Ellington, Lac
- Published September 22, 2022
- Word count 928
There’s a reason why so many people are turning to micro-needling. The procedure uses tiny needles to create small channels in the skin, resulting in collagen and elastin production, which gives your face an overall lifted appearance. The best part? It's a relatively comfortable experience and requires no downtime.
So, what is micro-needling? Well, it's a cosmetic procedure that creates tiny wounds in the skin. This stimulates the growth of new collagen to give the skin a more youthful appearance. The treatment can be done on different areas of your body and is also known as collagen induction therapy (CIT). Serums, including hyaluronic acid and apple stem cells are often applied to the skin during the procedure.
Micro-Needling is a painless procedure that doesn’t require any anesthesia. The needles used in Micro-Needling are so tiny, they don’t hurt you at all. In fact, it feels like a slight tapping or stinging sensation—a bit like a massage. The reason for this is because the needles are very thin and there's very little space between them—so when they penetrate your skin, you don't feel pain as such; instead, you experience discomfort from being needled with such small objects.
The needles are also very fast moving; this means that there's no time for nerves to register anything beyond "oh my god I just got needled by something sharp" before the micro-needling device has moved on to another part of your face or body. This rapid motion prevents any real damage being done to your skin during treatment!
Micro-needling is safe when done by a trained professional. Because micro-needling creates tiny wounds on your skin, it's important to find a trained professional you trust and who has experience performing this treatment.
Micro-needling is also safe when used in combination with other skincare treatments, such as dermabrasion. If you're considering undergoing any type of facial rejuvenation procedure at the same time as micro-needling, be sure to consult your medical provider beforehand so that they can advise you on how best to prepare your skin and what kind of aftercare products are best suited for your specific needs post-surgery.
Micro-needling, like Botox and other injectables, is an effective way to smooth out wrinkles and improve the appearance of your skin. But it also has a few differences that make it an appealing option for those who don't want to go under the needle:
It's less expensive than other cosmetic procedures like chemical peels or laser treatments.
It doesn't require any anesthesia or numbing cream (though some people may find a topical numbing cream helpful).
It's temporary! While you can get results from a single treatment, a series of sessions, about 1 month apart, will give you the best results. As we're all aging, we do the best we can to keep our bodies feeling and looking as good as possible.
You will spend about 30 to 60 minutes on your treatment, depending on the size of the area you are treating. The average number of treatments is between six and eight. It is best to have micro-needling done when you have time off from work or school so that you can relax and recover with minimal stress. Most patients see results after just one treatment; however, there are some who need more than one session before they see any improvement in their skin condition.
After your micro-needling treatment, you may experience mild swelling for a few days but not more than that. The skin may appear red for up to 24 hours after your appointment, as well as feel tight, tender or sunburned, due to the procedure.
How often should you do micro-needling? It all depends on your skin and how you feel about it. Some people feel like they need to do it every month, while others want to do it every few months, and some people might even only do it once a year or once every few years. It's up to you how often you'd like to get micro-needling done. Doing one session a month for 4 months has been shown to have noticeable results for up to two years.
The micro-needling procedure is a minimally invasive treatment that uses specialized needles to target the skin’s dermis. The result is youthful-looking skin and improved texture, tone and elasticity. The process can be used on various areas of the body to achieve a variety of results including reducing the appearance of fine lines, wrinkles, scars and stretch marks; improving sun damage; reducing hyperpigmentation and acne scarring; tightening saggy skin or cellulite; increasing collagen production for firmer skin; stimulating blood flow for improved nutrient delivery to cells which helps with healing damaged tissue resulting in less irritation from acne or other inflammatory conditions such as rosacea while also controlling oil secretion so it doesn’t look greasy.
Micro-needling has only recently gained popularity because people have started realizing how effective it really is! This procedure does not require any downtime so you can resume your normal activities right away. The only post micro-needling restrictions, on the day of the treatment, are: stay out of the sun, don't exercise and don't apply any lotion or facial products to the treated area, except for what's recommended by your provider
Micro-needling is a safe and effective way to achieve youthful looking skin. It’s the perfect alternative to Botox or a face lift because it doesn’t involve any injections at all. It's way cheaper than most cosmetic procedures, has long lasting results, leaves your skin looking smoother, tighter and more radiant than ever before!
Bret Ellington is Doctor of Acupuncture and Chinese Medicine and a Licensed Acupuncturist. He ran 11 clinics in California, employing over 30 acupuncturist. Through his career he's trained and mentored over 100 acupuncturists. Dr Ellington has also worked in the field as an expert witness in acupuncture malpractice cases. After spending many years working like crazy in California, he currently owns and practices in a popular clinic in Westminster, Colorado. https://www.InnerBalanceAcupuncture.comArticle source: https://articlebiz.com
There are no posted comments.
- The Rise of Affordable Electric Toothbrushes: Affordable Dental Care at Your Fingertips
- Achieve Superior Oral Hygiene with the Oral-B Pro 500 Electric Toothbrush
- How To Buy An Electric Toothbrush Under $50
- What Makes HydraFacial a Revolutionary Skincare Treatment
- Add some sparkle to your look with this teeth whitening trick
- 30 Convincing Reasons Why Ordering Spa Sandals Wholesale is Smart Thinking for Your Beauty Business
- How To Prevent Tooth Decay - And Enjoy Excellent Dental Hygiene
- How To Use An Electric Toothbrush - And Enjoy Excellent Dental Hygiene
- The Secret Weapon Against Aging: Collagen and Free Radicals
- The Science Behind Collagen's Ability to Fight Free Radicals
- Say Goodbye to Dryness: How Collagen Nourishes Your Mucous Membranes
- Why Collagen is Crucial for Maintaining Healthy Mucous Membranes
- Inside Out: How Collagen Affects Your Body's Health and Beauty
- Understanding Acne: Severity, Effects, and Copying Strategies
- Guides to Fighting Acne: Prevention, Treatment, and Remedies
- Acne Triggers and Acne Prone Skin: Any Solution?
- Health And Beauty: Is There A Difference?
- Can You Use Salicylic Acid While Doing Laser Hair Removal?
- How can I maximize my laser hair removal results?
- Skin Peeling Management After Laser Hair Removal
- Are you choosing the right laser hair removal machine?
- Revitalizing and straightening hair
- Some Tips on Keeping Your Skin Looking Young And Fresh
- Welcome to Personalised Eye and Ear Care around Liverpool
- Stages of Acne and How to Treat Them From The Inside Out
- The Ultimate Guide to Heated Eyelash Curlers
- Unleashing the Beauty Secrets of Spain: Tips and Product Reviews
- Sunglasses For a Smaller Face - How to Choose The Best Fit
- The Best Celebrity Sunglasses Looks For Style Inspiration
- Emily in Paris' Sunglasses Styles. Find Your Look