Cumberland Academy: Student's Life
- Author Donald Urick
- Published September 22, 2022
- Word count 527
Cumberland Academy is an independent, non-profit school for students with academic and social differences in grades 4-12 and post graduate. Students are children with high functioning Autism, Asperger’s, ADD, ADHD and other learning differences. The academy also encourages an appreciation for the arts, making it a well-rounded learning experience for all students. Cumberland Academy is committed to student success and provides its students with everything they need to succeed. A school is an excellent place for students to advance and prepare for the future.
Cumberland Academy offers a wide range of student programs that they can be part of, which can either be physical, social, or intellectual activities. Those are:
Screen-Free Game Club – Students may bring their own board games and card games to play with others, or they may use games provided at school.
Robotics – When this club is offered the fun program deals with the design, construction, operation, and application of robots. Students will design a project and culminate the semester with a demonstration/competition.
Bowling Club – Students are bussed to Stars and Strikes in Sandy Springs to practice their bowling skills!
Girl Talk – This international non-profit peer-to-peer mentoring program meets twice a month. The premise is to have high school girls mentor girls to help them build self-esteem, develop leadership skills and value community service.
Extended Day Program – EDP is offered from Monday to Thursday which enables students to complete their homework under the tutelage of a teacher. After homework is completed, there is social time. The cost is $15 per day and same day requests are honored.
Athletics - physical activities such as cheerleading, volleyball, basketball, cross country, soccer, and track and field.
Fine Arts - Fine Arts students at Cumberland are involved in art appreciation, art critique, and the creation of art. Their curriculum, which was designed and taught by a local artist who is also a published novelist and magazine writer, is complemented with very entertaining lectures about art issues, the personalities and lives of great artists, field trips, and visits by local artists.
Pragmatics (Social Skills) - Cumberland Academy of Georgia is committed to meeting the social and emotional needs of every student. Students are assisted by full-time counselors in building their coping, living, and social skills. Students are encouraged to utilize and exercise their social skills in peer relationships, social situations, and social skills classes. Teachers provide opportunities for children to speak publicly, interact responsibly, and interpret social signs from others.
Fish Hatchery - The fish hatchery at Cumberland Academy of Georgia is used to introduce pupils to the world of science. This trout hatchery allows teachers to present visual demonstrations of science. Each spring, trout eggs are transported to the site, where students, instructors, and parents serve as scientists and hatchery managers. More than one thousand trout eggs are put in the hatchery for each lifecycle. The eggs are cultivated and monitored by "experts" from Cumberland. During a student field trip, once the trout have hatched and developed, they are released into the Chattahoochee River.
To learn more about the exciting student activities offered by Cumberland Academy, feel free to check those here.
Source: Cumberland Academy: Student's Life
Cumberland Academy of Georgia is a fully accredited private autism school in Atlanta. We were voted among the top 50 best private special needs schools in the US!
Cumberland Academy of Georgia website - https://cumberlandacademy.org/
Source of article: Cumberland Academy: Student's Life (https://donaldurick.substack.com/p/cumberland-academy-students-life?sd=pf)Article source: https://articlebiz.com
There are no posted comments.
- Can you get a blood clot from a COVID-19 vaccine?
- What are COVID toes?
- Three Behaviors Causing People to Gain Weight when Losing Weight
- Using Heel Pads to Treat Sever's Disease in the Childs Foot
- Can the corn removal pads help get rid of corns on the feet?
- Epoxy Resin Flooring with high durability in brief
- Cost of Epoxy Floor Coatings in Sydney, Australia
- Epoxy Floor Coatings and Metallic Epoxy Floor Coatings
- the main Advantages of Epoxy Flooring
- Advantages of Epoxy Flooring in less than 4 minutes.
- Why Epoxy Flooring in Sydney is on high Demands?
- Yak Cheese Chews For Dogs - The DELICIOUS Way To Keep Your Pup Busy
- The Benefits of Dog Wet Wipes
- The Scoop on Compostable Dog Poo Bags
- Keep Your Pup's Ears Clean and Healthy with the Right Ear Cleaner
- Can Reflexology Help Improve Your Health?
- How can you get rid of corns on the foot?
- What is pitted keratolysis?
- How to treat cracked skin around the heels?
- Should you be concerned about concussion in children?
- 4 Benefits of a Post-Divorce Smile Makeover
- How to choose the best dog poo bags
- What's Troubling The Stock Market? It's Missiles, Not Basis Points
- How Useful Are the Urea Based Creams for Dry Skin?
- Dealing With Cracked Skin Around the Heels
- How to select the best shoes for the growing child's foot
- What can go wrong with the feet in cyclists?
- How can foot orthotics help foot problems?
- What are the common causes of foot pain?
- 3 Ways You Can Improve Your Health From Home Using Natural Methods