What do I need to become a taxi driver in Wolverhampton?
- Author Matthew Venn
- Published September 2, 2022
- Word count 311
Are you wanting to become a taxi driver in Wolverhampton? As well as having a full clean licence and being a very confident driver, you’ll also need a full medical.
It’s perhaps no surprise that taxi drivers are required by the Wolverhampton local authority (and any other local authority across the UK) to undertake a full medical examination and questionnaire. Only once they have passed this will they be granted a licence by the local authority.
The taxi medical in Wolverhampton will consist of several tests, including a full hearing and sight test, along having your blood pressure and pulse checked and a urine test. Furthermore, you’ll be expected to disclose any medical history by filling out a questionnaire.
The taxi medical will be undertaken a local private medical practice and is it expected that the prospective taxi driver will bring 3 forms of identification, including a password, driving licence, a utility bill, birth certification, nation insurance card or UK NHS card.
The medical will generally cost around £50 and will take around an hour. It will need to be booked at a private medical practice, of which there are many across the UK.
The doctor undertaking the medical will talk through the results of the medical assessment during the appointment. If the medical is passed the doctor will send a fitness certificate to the local authority, who will grant the taxi licence.
If the doctor has any concerns, it may be advised to see your local GP or optician for further tests.
Different local authorities may have different rules when it comes to how often a medical will need to be repeated, but most will require a another medical at the age of 45 and over. A medical will then need to be repeated every five years until the age of 65 when it will need to be repeated every year.
There are no posted comments.
- Rustic woodgrain farmhouse cottage with vintage carved barn doors
- The Top 5 Anti-Aging Ingredients That Actually Work For Your Skin
- The woman who looked down on her husband: African Folklore, a Story my Father Told me
- Bridal Glow-Up: Tanning Tips and Services for Hills District Brides
- The Ultimate Guide to Eyelash Extension Care: Tips for Long-Lasting Lashes
- Navigating Challenging Business Conditions: The Power of Strategic Marketing
- Shifting from Fossil Fuels to Renewable Energy – Using Sustainable Technologies
- Exploring Paris: A Journey Through Time and Culture
- The Ultimate Guide to Color Grading: Techniques and Tools for Beginners
- The Connection Between Sleep Apnea and Cardiovascular Disease
- Why You Should Visit the Maldives 2024
- Mastering The Art Of Injection Moulding: Understanding The Process And Its Applications
- From Concept To Creation: A Step-By-Step Guide To Developing Product Prototypes
- What is a ‘trapped nerve’?
- Exploring the Impact of Forward Head Posture (FHP)
- A Clicking Neck: Self-Manipulation vs. Chiropractic Care – What’s the Difference?
- Get Your Garage Door Back on Track: Expert Repair & Installation in Ruston
- Invest in Safety & Smart Home Integration: Garage Door Sensor Installation for Redmond & Mercer Island
- Fuelling Passion: 5 Foods That Boost Your Sex Drive
- Top Reasons to Book a Luxury Adults-Only Resort in the Maldives
- 5 Foods to Ditch for Weight Loss
- holistic garden sanctuary, buddha statues
- Vintage rustic wood credenzas
- Valentine's Day gifts for her
- Nature carved Barn Doors
- Unraveling Taobao Secret Behind Affordable Products
- Choose Cost-Effective Motorcycle Accessories from taobao
- How To Avoid Binge Eating
- New Zealand Luxury Stays — A Complete Guide
- Elevating Spaces: The Ultimate Guide to Epoxy Floors in Sydney