What do I need to become a taxi driver in Wolverhampton?
- Author Matthew Venn
- Published September 2, 2022
- Word count 311
Are you wanting to become a taxi driver in Wolverhampton? As well as having a full clean licence and being a very confident driver, you’ll also need a full medical.
It’s perhaps no surprise that taxi drivers are required by the Wolverhampton local authority (and any other local authority across the UK) to undertake a full medical examination and questionnaire. Only once they have passed this will they be granted a licence by the local authority.
The taxi medical in Wolverhampton will consist of several tests, including a full hearing and sight test, along having your blood pressure and pulse checked and a urine test. Furthermore, you’ll be expected to disclose any medical history by filling out a questionnaire.
The taxi medical will be undertaken a local private medical practice and is it expected that the prospective taxi driver will bring 3 forms of identification, including a password, driving licence, a utility bill, birth certification, nation insurance card or UK NHS card.
The medical will generally cost around £50 and will take around an hour. It will need to be booked at a private medical practice, of which there are many across the UK.
The doctor undertaking the medical will talk through the results of the medical assessment during the appointment. If the medical is passed the doctor will send a fitness certificate to the local authority, who will grant the taxi licence.
If the doctor has any concerns, it may be advised to see your local GP or optician for further tests.
Different local authorities may have different rules when it comes to how often a medical will need to be repeated, but most will require a another medical at the age of 45 and over. A medical will then need to be repeated every five years until the age of 65 when it will need to be repeated every year.
I am a Medical Director at Midland Medical Group - offering private medicals & private GP services across UK, including taxi medicals in Wolverhamptopn and D4/HGV medicals in Crawley.Article source: https://articlebiz.com
There are no posted comments.
- All You Should Know About Auto Windshields
- Everything About Dental Care: A Comprehensive Guide to Oral Health
- One Piece Shirts for Men and Women: A Perfect Gift for Anime Fans
- Best Places to Watch Monster Anime Online
- Who Killed Tanjiro’s Family in Demon Slayer?
- 10 Of The Best Places To Visit On A European Road Trip
- The Mental Health Benefits Of Having A Clean Home
- Unleashing TikTok: Maximize Your Presence On the Platform
- How to Fix a Cracked Tooth: Tips and Treatment Options
- Is using urine therapy helpful?
- The Benefits of Hiring a Professional Cleaner in Haringey
- The Benefits of Hiring a Professional Cleaner in Cardiff
- The Benefits of Hiring a Professional Cleaner in Liverpool
- The Benefits of Having a Professional Cleaner in Swansea
- The Benefits of Having a Professional Cleaner in Wellingborough
- The Benefits of Having a Professional Cleaner in Sittingbourne
- The Benefits of Having a Professional Cleaner in Wilmslow
- "Clear Vision and Quality Care: Opticians in Aintree Liverpool at Your Service"
- The Benefits of Being a Self Employed Cleaner
- "See Clearly and Save Top Shopping Tips for Opticians in Liverpool"
- "Clear Vision in Liverpool-Knowsley-Merseyside-Aintree: Trusted Opticians at Your Service"
- Hot Dog, Jumping Frog: Things to See and Do in Albuquerque
- What are the More Obscure Places to Visit in Sydney?
- How Often Should I Have My Carpets Professionally Cleaned?
- Cannabis Minister Miami Reopens After Covid Shutdown
- The Advantage of Buying Cheap Vapes Online: How Grey Vapour Can Help You
- The Benefits of Hiring a Professional Cleaner in Bury
- Keep Cool This Summer: The Benefits of Commercial Parasols
- Discover The Benefits of Having a Domestic Cleaner in Kingston Upon Thames
- The Benefits of Having a Cleaner in Romford