Can Reflexology Help Improve Your Health?
- Author Craig Payne
- Published September 30, 2022
- Word count 560
Reflexology is fabricated junk science that's got absolutely no health rewards. Despite that it's still very popular as well as widely used and offered as having health benefits. Most of the scientific evidence says that it isn't going to. There is no registration or accreditation of reflexology practitioners, so there are no limitations for the claims that they will come up with. The idea behind reflexology is that all the various body organ systems in your body might be mapped to a region or place on the feet. For example, the pituitary gland is mapped to the area under the great toe and the lungs are mapped to the area under the ball of the foot. Every organ has its area on the foot. The notion claims that if there is a illness in any of those body organ systems then the reflexologist can easily diagnose that disease by palpating the area about the feet. The idea further asserts that by rubbing or revitalizing these zones on the foot you'll be able to help take care of the illness in that specific organ system. It's not at all acknowledged the way it was that specific body organ systems were ever mapped to these spots about the feet in the first place, other than someone must have simply invented it. There is no identified means by which any of these body organ systems will be physiologically or structurally connected to the zones of your foot. There is not any route or any situation that might be remotely near to as being a path which connects all of them together.
Each and every meta-analysis and also systematic report on the research that only incorporates the well done scientific studies on reflexology have shown that reflexology does not have any health benefits. Reflexology doesn't help. Stimulation of the place on the foot connected to a particular organ system doesn't result in any changes or change for the better in that , body organ system. Generally speaking, scientific studies performed on reflexology are generally inadequately carried out with inadequate control groups and the lack of blinding of the participants, etc. However, there are numerous of research projects that do seemingly demonstrate that “reflexology” can help and lead to biological differences that people who market reflexology choose to talk about and use as evidence in which reflexology helps. Nevertheless, once you check out these scientific studies the authors apparently commonly call a plain foot massage, reflexology, that it's just not. Reflexology is the stimulation of specific areas using massage to assist certain body organ systems. A complete foot massage is something different. Just about everyone loves a great foot massage and also the majority of us who gets a massage will be more calm and much less stressed out following a excellent foot massage. This could lead too physiological rewards. For instance, a number of research has revealed that “reflexology” might reduce blood pressure, but that's nothing more than a foot massage leading to the person simply being more peaceful. Other research has shown good responses to a foot massage for things such as the nausea in people going through chemo for cancer, but this is because of the comforting outcomes of the foot massage and is not a result of the activation for the foot of the body system which the cancer malignancy was in.
For the latest research on reflexology, see:
https://themedicaldispatch.com/ancient-foot-massage-technique-may-ease-cancer-symptoms/Article source: https://articlebiz.com
There are no posted comments.
- The Healing Power of Large Scale Wall Decorations in Medical Institutions
- How is osteoarthritis of the big toe joint treated?
- The potential benefits of psychedelic mushrooms for mental health treatment.
- When to Step in: Signs That Aging Parents Need Help
- Do you need arch supports?
- Preoperative Screening in Surgery
- Dealing with Food Poisoning: Symptoms, Treatments, and Prevention
- Managing Arthrosis: Understanding Symptoms and Treatment Options for Joint Health
- Healing the Hurt: Understanding Stomatitis - Symptoms, Causes, and Treatment
- Unraveling Thrombosis: Understanding Symptoms and Treatments for Blood Clots
- BENCHMARK THAT PATIENT
- Elbow Pain: Causes, Symptoms, and Treatment Options
- Say No to An Unwanted Pregnancy by Choosing Medical Abortion
- "Clear Vision and Quality Care: Opticians in Aintree Liverpool at Your Service"
- EFFICACY AND SAFETY OF NON ABLATIVE FRACTIONAL LASERS THERAPY IN PATIENT WITH STRIAE DISTENSAE
- Specsavers Liverpool: Quality Eye Care in Kirkby, Knowsley, Fazakerley, and St. Helen's
- "Preventing and Managing Primary Eye Care Emergencies: A Guide for Liverpool Residents"
- Quick Relief for Eye Emergencies: The Primary Eyecare Services Urgent Eyecare Service
- What are plicatured toe nails and what can be done about them?
- Euthanasia in Malaysia: Does it Bring Harm or Immoral?
- Who will benefit from knee joint replacement surgery?
- How important is zinc to our bodies?
- The cost-effectiveness of expanding statins treatment to 15 million more people in England
- 5 Simple Steps to a Neuropathy-Free Lifestyle Learn How to Relieve Symptoms and Improve Your Quality of Life
- New Study Reveals: Good Teeth Linked to High Levels of Beneficial Bacteria - Rethinking the Oral Hygiene Routine
- How To Know If A Patient Is In Critical Condition
- What went wrong with the thalidomide drug?
- How To Choose One Contra Angle Handpiece
- How to get the best running shoes for you
- How to deal with restless legs syndrome?