Will remote work be held responsible for the demise of the office?
- Author Maxwell Lagat Ahona
- Published December 4, 2022
- Word count 433
Remote working is becoming more popular, particularly among millennials who have grown accustomed to working from home. Many employers, however, continue to view remote workers negatively, believing that they are less productive than their coworkers who remain in the office. Indeed, some studies indicate that employees who work from home are more productive than those who work in an office.
How can I tell if my remote employee is being productive?
If you're worried about whether your remote employee is meeting expectations, request weekly reports detailing how much time was spent on tasks and how much progress was made. If you notice that they aren't progressing, ask them to explain why. You may discover that they require additional training or simply do not comprehend the task well enough to complete it.
What should I do if my remote worker fails to deliver?
If you suspect your remote worker is failing to meet expectations, speak with them directly. Explain that you want to ensure that they are completing all tasks and that you want to discuss ways to improve communication between you and them. Request that they provide weekly updates on their progress and notify you if anything changes.
Is remote work environmentally friendly?
While it is true that remote workers spend less money on gas and travel, they also use more electricity and water. According to a study conducted by the United States According to the Department of Energy, the average American spends $1,200 per year just on electricity. This means that remote workers may end up spending more on utilities than their coworkers.
Can I rely on my remote employee?
Yes! While remote work does not allow you to observe your employee's behavior in person, it does allow you to get to know them through email or phone calls. Furthermore, just by looking at someone's body language, you'll be able to tell if they're lying to you.
Should I hire remote employees?
The answer to this question is highly dependent on the culture of your company. If you believe that your employees should be present in the office at all times, then you should absolutely keep them there. If, on the other hand, you value flexibility and autonomy, you might want to consider hiring remote workers.
Will remote work be accepted as a legitimate career option?
As long as companies continue to embrace remote work, more people will likely pursue careers in this field. However, keep in mind that remote work is not the same as telecommuting. Telecommuters typically work from home, whereas remote workers frequently work from locations other than the workplace.
As an adept Content Writer, I bring a well-rounded skill set in creative writing ,honed talents in content development and blog post development. Lets connect.Article source: https://articlebiz.com
There are no posted comments.
- What Is CMMS? – Features, Benefits and How It Works
- Earthquake Crisis Management, A Brief Guide By Mohamed IBRAHIM, PhD Strategic Writer and Consultant
- Become your best L.E.A.D.E.R. Now!
- Interrelationship between AI and HR
- What is Business Consulting ?
- Examination of business practices across the GCC in the context of the World Cup
- From Lean Six Sigma practitioner to Performance Coach
- Measuring Customer Success: The Key Metrics That Actually Matter
- RESILIENCE AND COURAGE TOP CEO's WISH LIST FOR 2023
- Changing Workplace Culture with Human Leadership and Psychological Safety
- How to Manage Warehouse Staff for Cost Savings and Optimal Efficiency
- Why You Should Consider Hiring A Security Team To Protect Your Business
- Pay for Performance
- Why Businesses Should Invest In Soft Skills Training
- Do You Know How the Perfect Investor for Your Idea Looks Like?
- Cultivating a Culture That Propels Organizational Growth
- The Main Contributors Of Poor Data Integrity – What Can You Do About It?
- Project Management for Developing Countries
- Benefits Of Using LTL Freight Shipping
- 10 Must-Do Steps for Successful Business Planning of Startups
- Should you implement an Employee Assistance Program at your organisation?
- Crisis Management in an Educational Institution After COVID-19: Addressing Difficulties in the Transition to Virtual Education
- SWOT Analysis and 50 Urgent Questions to Ask (Free Checklist)
- The Authentic Manager
- AUDIT SERVICES IN UAE
- 5 Tips to Grow Your Business in 12 Months
- Things That Will Lead Your Small Business A CRA Audit
- How To Calculate And Manage Capacity in an Agile Environment
- 5 Jaw-Dropping Reasons Why MiMETV is the Best Internet Service Provider in Dhaka.