Keys for success in the Big Pharma field
- Author Paula Diamond
- Published January 23, 2023
- Word count 491
The Food and Drug Administration (FDA) is responsible for the safety and effectiveness of drugs sold in the United States. The process to get the FDA’s approval for a pharmaceutical product is usually very long and complicated.
The FDA’s Center for Drug Evaluation and Research (CDER) conducts research to test the drugs’ quality, but the pharmaceutical companies that aim at introducing a new product on the US market are responsible for extensive testing of the drugs to prove they’re safe and effective. The CDER then reviews the data included in the new drug application (NDA). After the development phase, the FDA goes though preclinical and clinical research, review, and post-market safety monitoring.
Experts in this field rarely share their advice on how to deal with the FDA in the most effective way and how to be successful in the pharmaceutical business. “Mastering the art of communication and being proficient in marketing techniques can be helpful,” told us Alessandro Ricci, president of the US branch of the Chinese big pharma company Aurisco. “You have to discover a product’s potential, develop a plan, and clearly describe the assets and advantages a drug can bring to the American market and the world in general,” explained the Italian CEO, product developer and expert of the life-cycle management associated with the supply chain. Having a nice dose of charm, being personable, and able to put people at ease are other important qualities to develop.
Mr. Ricci is responsible for the success of very popular drugs and active substances, such as the extremely popular steroid medicine Fluticasone Propionate, generic of Advair. Sold today under the brand names Flovent and Flonase among others, this product works by decreasing inflammation and is used for the long-term management of asthma, but also to treat hay fever, nasal polyps, and mouth ulcers. With over 24 million prescriptions, Fluticasone was the 23rd most prescribed medication in the United States in 2020. “I make the technical aspects very simple for clients and supervise the document filing for drugs to be successful with the FDA’s approval,” the 43-year-old entrepreneur added.
Mr. Ricci is also the mind behind the development of the Active Pharmaceutical Ingredient (API) Fulvestrant, used in the generic oncologic drug Faslodex and of Abiraterone acetate, a medication used to treat prostate cancer, sold under the brand name Zytiga.
Mr. Ricci’s knowledge of the US marketing and business world has been a crucial asset for many international companies in America. Probably his most important piece of advice is inspired to professional sports and the athlete’s mentality, which he gets from his passion for marathon running: “Be persistent. Just like athletes must train every day in order to be able to finish a marathon, you should fight every day to get to your short-term goals,” he explained. “Working in this field is just like a long-distance race: You need to fight every mile to get to the finish line.”
Journalist. Passionate about inspiring stories of leaders and successful people.Article source: https://articlebiz.com
There are no posted comments.
- The Healing Power of Large Scale Wall Decorations in Medical Institutions
- How is osteoarthritis of the big toe joint treated?
- The potential benefits of psychedelic mushrooms for mental health treatment.
- When to Step in: Signs That Aging Parents Need Help
- Do you need arch supports?
- Preoperative Screening in Surgery
- Dealing with Food Poisoning: Symptoms, Treatments, and Prevention
- Managing Arthrosis: Understanding Symptoms and Treatment Options for Joint Health
- Healing the Hurt: Understanding Stomatitis - Symptoms, Causes, and Treatment
- Unraveling Thrombosis: Understanding Symptoms and Treatments for Blood Clots
- BENCHMARK THAT PATIENT
- Elbow Pain: Causes, Symptoms, and Treatment Options
- Say No to An Unwanted Pregnancy by Choosing Medical Abortion
- "Clear Vision and Quality Care: Opticians in Aintree Liverpool at Your Service"
- EFFICACY AND SAFETY OF NON ABLATIVE FRACTIONAL LASERS THERAPY IN PATIENT WITH STRIAE DISTENSAE
- Specsavers Liverpool: Quality Eye Care in Kirkby, Knowsley, Fazakerley, and St. Helen's
- "Preventing and Managing Primary Eye Care Emergencies: A Guide for Liverpool Residents"
- Quick Relief for Eye Emergencies: The Primary Eyecare Services Urgent Eyecare Service
- What are plicatured toe nails and what can be done about them?
- Euthanasia in Malaysia: Does it Bring Harm or Immoral?
- Who will benefit from knee joint replacement surgery?
- How important is zinc to our bodies?
- The cost-effectiveness of expanding statins treatment to 15 million more people in England
- 5 Simple Steps to a Neuropathy-Free Lifestyle Learn How to Relieve Symptoms and Improve Your Quality of Life
- New Study Reveals: Good Teeth Linked to High Levels of Beneficial Bacteria - Rethinking the Oral Hygiene Routine
- How To Know If A Patient Is In Critical Condition
- What went wrong with the thalidomide drug?
- How To Choose One Contra Angle Handpiece
- How to get the best running shoes for you
- How to deal with restless legs syndrome?