Improving The State Of Your Mental Health Through Emotional Intelligence
- Author Health 24/7 Today
- Published January 17, 2023
- Word count 680
Here’s why emotional intelligence is as crucial as IQ for personal success
For the longest time, there was the idea that people who make a big deal of emotional intelligence are simply low or mediocre IQ people. In the minds of a lot of people, those who make a big deal of their emotional skills and sociability are essentially compensating for the fact that they have a low or mediocre IQ. If only things were that simple.
The truth is, when you look at any organization, chances are high that the prime movers and shakers of that establishment are not at the top of the IQ chart for that organization. In fact, in many cases, the most progressive and successful organizations have CEOs that have IQs way below the smartest people in their organizations. The smart individuals, it turns out, are specialists. Either they work in the IT department, the planning department, or other areas, but when it comes to the actual operation of raw executive control of the organization, these individuals tend to have lower IQs.
What’s going on? You have to look at emotional intelligence. Success doesn’t just involve figuring out what to do. It doesn’t just turn on whether you know how to do things or not. Instead, a large part of success turns on whether you can really manage people who are often opposed to each other toward a common goal. You must be able to do this day after day, week after week, month after month. You must be able to scale this in the future and you must be able to communicate this clearly not only to your team members but also to people outside your team.
Interestingly enough, this skill set cannot be explained by IQ. This is where emotional intelligence comes in. Not only do you have self-aware to the point that you know what your feelings are, but you are able to communicate your feelings to others in such a way that you’ve become more persuasive and you are able to remind them about common goals. This is how you can tell whether a leader can motivate and inspire people around them to produce better and better results.
People with low emotional intelligence who are thrust into leadership positions often use fear, intimidation, or grotesque and cheap rewards to get what they need. Eventually, that gets old. That organization would stagnate if it doesn’t fall apart.
Emotional intelligence is crucial to any organization that is aiming for the fences. Make no mistake, if you’re trying to hit that home run, you need to be led by somebody who not only knows how to say the right things to the right people at the right time to produce the right results but also who is able to do this in many different contexts. That person must also be able to plan out the consequences of such emotional signals.
Understand the importance of emotional intelligence because if you want to be more successful in any area of your life, you need to confront this issue and you need to master emotional intelligence. It’s not as hard as you think. It is not complicated, it is not Greek, and it is not written in computer codes. You just have to know what you’re doing and what you’re dealing with.
Unfortunately, so many people think in habitual terms. They think that once they perceive certain things they can respond emotionally in a certain way. This is why they continue to struggle and don’t get the results that they otherwise have coming to them.
If you want to maximize your emotional intelligence, you need guidance. This FREE book "Improving The State Of Your Mental Health" The benefits of a healthy mind, will set you on the right path. Start with a blank slate. Start with what you know. Start with who you are.
Click the link below to get your own personal blueprint of emotional intelligence success.
Wishing you health and happiness, Health 24/7 Today Team
There are no posted comments.
- Simple DIY Tips to Get Your RV Rubber Roof Repair Done in a Breeze!
- How to choose the perfect engagement ring
- Be a Human Rights Advocate
- Foamtastic Fun: 7 Reasons to Foam It Up in Austin!
- Why Fiftyonebrand is Making a Name for Itself in Streetwear
- Who will benefit from knee joint replacement surgery?
- Is Etching Concrete Necessary? Weighing The Pros and Cons Of This Home Improvement Method
- Tips to sell your home in 2023
- Can you install Perfect Fit® blinds?
- 7 Creative and Memorable Date Ideas for Couples
- Revocable Living Dynasty Trust (RLDT)
- Key Retirement & Estate Planning Tools
- Improve Loading & Unloading Operations With Walkboards
- The Evolution of Using Digital Downloads
- 12 Frequently Asked Questions about Snorkeling with Turtles in Oahu
- Does Homeopathy Work to Help Health Problems?
- HOW ECO-FRIENDLY SHIRTS CAN SAVE THE PLANET (AND YOUR STYLE)
- Is Spanish food really all that?
- Are your emotional coping skills preventing you from achieving career success?
- How Pilates can help lower your blood pressure
- Why Having Good Oral Health Matters
- ChatGPT on Marketing: The first-ever published extensive interview with a machine on the subject.
- Is empathy over blown and exaggerated?
- 10 Quick Tips For Creating Engaging YouTube Videos In Less Than One Minute
- The Ultimate Guide to Affiliate Marketing for Beginners
- The Best Outbound Calling Software for Businesses
- Dangerous New Epidemics in our Country and in the World--Hate and Anger
- Beginners Guide For Selecting A Camping Chair If You Are Heavy
- Power Washing Services in Chicago; DIY or Hire a Pro?