Interrelationship between AI and HR
- Author Dr. Amer Abuhantash
- Published February 13, 2023
- Word count 658
The human resource (HR) is one of the most essential assets / inputs for an organization in order to achieve a higher level of performance in this demanding business environment.
The key to being successful in any organization is to be able to fulfill the needs of its customers, which is a vital key for their survival, and in order to achieve this, organizations must adopt innovative human resources practices in order to improve their performance and become different from their competitors. Human resources management is moving away from its fundamental administrative functions like recruitment, selection, and appraisal to more advanced technologies like automation, augmented intelligence, robotics, and artificial intelligence that are redefining and reshaping the way their organizations and workforce are constructed. Currently, the buzz word in human resources is AI and how it is completely transforming it, and how it is taking millions of jobs globally. HR is not traditionally associated with this emerging technology, and failure to deploy AI with HR practices could prove to be a dreadful sin that makes organizations unable to grow and survive in this world.
Global workforce is completely threatened by AI and advanced self-learning machines and they are wiping away the interference or involvement of humans in each and every aspect. In reality any advanced technology that is created and used for the benefit of humanity not for its destruction. To compete with AI and advanced machines the real challenge now lies within the respective HR – departments that how well they train and re-transform their workforce in understanding the AI and collaborating and working with AI & Robots.
It would be fair to say that artificial intelligence is a tool that utilizes human intelligence in a variety of fields in order to improve performance. It is an emerging technology that can improve productivity and performance in the entire industry. There is something amazing about AI. It is capable of acting like a human brain and giving full efficiency to its users. A robot is a form of artificial intelligence that mainly deals with all aspects of industry. It uses different inputs to produce outputs.
In order to create a workplace, one of the first steps is to recruit employees. In the past, it has been estimated that it takes up to 100 man-hours, and that is just the best-case scenario, for a recruitment process to be completed. I believe that one of the ways in which AI will affect human resources on the recruitment side is by reducing the number of man-hours that are required for different tasks. In most cases, you can automate the initial steps of recruiting, such as reaching out to potential employees, scanning and selecting resumes, scheduling interviews, assessing their abilities, answering basic questions they may have, matching that applicants them, etc. AI can be used to automate many of the initial steps of recruitment.
AI can be a great tool for HR departments to help them design and automate their onboarding processes in order to make them more organized, efficient, and personalized by using Artificial Intelligence. An AI system has the potential to automate and handle a significant number of steps that are involved in the onboarding process.
It is possible to create training and development programs that are customized to the needs of each individual employee using AI tools. Suppose there was the possibility of offering different levels of training modules to different employees depending on their skill sets, employment levels, and requirements, for example. What if there was a tool that suggested the latest courses based on the employee's current skills and the skills gap that needs to be filled based on his or her current skills?
With time, AI will have a concrete and sustainable impact on HR. AI frameworks must be flexible enough to upgrade themselves and change as needed as technology changes. AI can automate most monotonous HR tasks, analyze vast amounts of data, and create a holistic impact on the organization.
Dr. Amer Abuhantash is currently working as an Assistant Professor at the University of the People, Pasadena, California, United States of America. Prior to this, he worked as an assistant professor at the Arab Open University. The University of North Texas awarded him his Ph.D. in Business Administration. It is his primary specialization in the field of "Management Science" and his minor specialization in the field of "Human Resources.Article source: https://articlebiz.com
There are no posted comments.
- Guiding Construction Management Strategy: A Theoretical Perspective
- Why Should Manufacturing Companies Adopt an ISO 9001 Quality Management System?
- The Ultimate Guide to ERTC: A Step-by-Step Handbook for Local Business Owners
- Navigating the Fallout of Credit Suisse: How Innovation and AI Can Help Financial Advisors Avoid Similar Crises in the Future
- What Is CMMS? – Features, Benefits and How It Works
- Earthquake Crisis Management, A Brief Guide By Mohamed IBRAHIM, PhD Strategic Writer and Consultant
- Become your best L.E.A.D.E.R. Now!
- What is Business Consulting ?
- Examination of business practices across the GCC in the context of the World Cup
- From Lean Six Sigma practitioner to Performance Coach
- Measuring Customer Success: The Key Metrics That Actually Matter
- RESILIENCE AND COURAGE TOP CEO's WISH LIST FOR 2023
- Changing Workplace Culture with Human Leadership and Psychological Safety
- How to Manage Warehouse Staff for Cost Savings and Optimal Efficiency
- Will remote work be held responsible for the demise of the office?
- Why You Should Consider Hiring A Security Team To Protect Your Business
- Pay for Performance
- Why Businesses Should Invest In Soft Skills Training
- Do You Know How the Perfect Investor for Your Idea Looks Like?
- Cultivating a Culture That Propels Organizational Growth
- The Main Contributors Of Poor Data Integrity – What Can You Do About It?
- Project Management for Developing Countries
- Benefits Of Using LTL Freight Shipping
- 10 Must-Do Steps for Successful Business Planning of Startups
- Should you implement an Employee Assistance Program at your organisation?
- Crisis Management in an Educational Institution After COVID-19: Addressing Difficulties in the Transition to Virtual Education
- SWOT Analysis and 50 Urgent Questions to Ask (Free Checklist)
- The Authentic Manager
- AUDIT SERVICES IN UAE