What are the 7 Things to Avoid at All Costs with WordPress Blogging?
- Author Mickey Lieberman
- Published June 8, 2023
- Word count 916
Your WordPress site can be as big or as feeble as you want it to be. Naturally, we'd all like to create the most fearsome websites possible, but this will only happen sometimes; you'll need to make deliberate decisions and then put in some effort.
While this is the mindset every WordPress user should have, the reality is that nobody is perfect and that errors will be made regardless of how careful we try to be. Recognize that it's human to make mistakes.
Today's article is for WordPress newbies and will teach you how to avoid common pitfalls. This essay will show you how to remedy your difficulties and get back on track if you hastily put together your WordPress site and committed these and other mistakes.
- Setting Your Username to "Admin"
If your user name is "admin," show me your hand. The password you're using is weak, and hackers are probably already planning an attack on your website.
The 'admin' login is created automatically by WordPress. In that case, you can make a change. While setting up WordPress, you'll be given the option to alter this. If you despise your website, don't change a thing. A username of "admin" should never be used. Then, make sure you use complex passwords.
- Forgetting Google Analytics
Even though Google Analytics is recommended for all new WordPress installations, most users do not follow this recommendation. Though you may be content with the data provided by Jetpack, you should be aware that you are missing out on a wealth of information about your site.
Google Analytics allows you to dissect your traffic and identify areas for improvement. We suggest you join up for both Google Search Console and Google Analytics.
- Improper Picture Optimization
It's easy to overlook optimizing photos when you're eager to get your first article live on WordPress. Your website's user experience will improve if you load fewer images at a time.
To ensure the smoothest possible experience for your site's visitors, optimize your photos before adding them to WordPress. Following these guidelines can help you avoid the pitfalls of employing excessively huge media:
● When editing images, look for a "Save For Web" button.
● Reduce file sizes with image compression applications or online services like TinyPNG.
● Optimize your website's images by installing a plugin.
- Maintaining the Sample Page
Did you know that over a million WordPress users still use the sample page? If this comes as a shock, remember that most of these folks either need to be made aware of the example page or just forgot to remove it.
Remove the sample page immediately if you are not using it (and why would you be using it if you can construct a million and one more pages). There are better looks than this for your business blog. Considering it an error justifies that conclusion.
- Never Moderating Comments
Reader feedback provides insight into the effectiveness of your advertising strategy. But, if you receive many comments, moderation will take time and effort.
Many entrepreneurs need more technical expertise to effectively maintain their websites, leaving them with a deluge of user comments that must be moderated. They put it off indefinitely until it becomes too much to handle.
And then there are spam comments, which scare away readers and harm your search engine optimization. By no means, ever, regardless of how well-written, should you approve a spam remark.
How can you identify legitimate comments from spam? When sifting through the information, how do you determine which pieces are worth keeping and which to discard? Ok, that makes sense.
The adage goes something is a duck if it acts, looks, and quacks like a duck. There will be no mistaking the spammy nature of such messages.
- When the Standard Icon for Bookmarks is Used
Many WordPress users, eager to get their sites live and make money, must pay attention to updating their favicons. Sites using specific web hosts, will have their respective favicons shown on the site's tab bar.
Your favicon is the online equivalent of a logo. When people bookmark your site, they'll be able to recognize it by its favicon instantly. There are several merits to switching up your favicon. As you'll see in this tutorial, adding a favicon in WordPress is a breeze.
- Choosing an Unsuitable Host Platform
Need help with which version of WordPress to use? Need help deciding which course of action to take? Inexperienced players frequently make decisions they come to regret deeply.
Self-hosted WordPress (.ORG) is an excellent alternative for many large and small businesses because it provides greater control over the website.
You have complete control over your name and content, and there are many cheap web hosting services from which to choose. Choose a system that works for you in the end.
Some of these items are rather minimal, while others are far more important and can affect the security of your blog.
Your website/blog hosting is critical and that is the main reason you have to give careful consideration to what company will house your files and blogs.
Another critical issue is your login credentials to access your blog. You must always use both a username and a password that only means something to you. The more complicated they are, the more protection they provide to keep your blog secured.
You've just read a blog post detailing seven common WordPress mistakes you should never make. This manual should serve as a starting point from which to progress appropriately.
Mickey Lieberman is a full-time WordPress blogger and creator of WordPress blogs on legal and legitimate topics.
My passion is writing about WordPress and medical topics.
Currently, I have created 250+ blogs on various topics. There are more than 125 blogs on various Medical Topics and Cancer.
To get information about WordPress and my blogs, Use this Link https://mickeylieberman.com
A list of all of the blogs at https://mickeylieberman.com/Blogs Created.pdfArticle source: https://articlebiz.com
There are no posted comments.
- The Pitfall of a 'Woke' Chat GPT and Why Elon Musk's xAI Could Be the Game Changer
- What is the Best Blogging Platform?
- What are the Best Free WordPress Plugins?
- How to Choose the Best Niche for Your WordPress Blog
- 10 Tips for Maintaining a Successful WordPress Blog
- What are The Most Important Pages to Include on Your New Website?
- How to Make Money by Creating a Content-Filled Website
- What are the Secrets of Writing Killer Blog Posts?
- What are Common Sense Guidelines for Using WordPress?
- How to Optimize and Speed Up Your WordPress Blog
- What Makes WordPress an Incredibly Powerful Blogging System?
- What Are the 10 Scariest Things About WordPress Blogging?
- How is WordPress the Best Choice for a Website?
- What Do You Need to Know About WordPress Security?
- How To Be More Successful At Blogging To Make Money
- How to Use a Security Checklist to Help Keep Your Blog Safe From Hackers
- What are the Best Reasons to Use WordPress?
- What Does Blogging Mean?
- What are the Best Ways to Promote Your Blog?
- What are the Best Ways to Optimize Your WordPress Blog for SEO?
- What are 7 Proven Ways to Make Money with WordPress Blogging?
- Why You Should Backup Your WordPress Blog?
- What are the WordPress Hacks That Every Blogger Should Know?
- What are the Steps to Setting Up Your Blog?
- How Do You Optimize Your Blog Posts?
- Why Does EVERY Blog Need the Duplicator Plugin Installed?
- What are the Ways to Move Your HTML Website to WordPress?
- How a malware works
- What Do You Do if Your Website Gets Hacked?