How To Make: Quinoa & Roasted Vegetable-Stuffed Bell Peppers with Hummus Drizzle.
- Author Nader Hattar
- Published September 26, 2023
- Word count 460
Quinoa and Roasted Vegetable Stuffed Bell Peppers with Hummus Drizzle
For the stuffed peppers:
4 large bell peppers (any color)
1 cup quinoa, rinsed
2 cups water or vegetable broth
1 cup mixed roasted vegetables (such as zucchini, eggplant, and cherry tomatoes)
1/2 cup diced cucumber
1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
1/4 cup crumbled feta cheese (optional)
2 tablespoons olive oil
Salt and pepper to taste
For the hummus drizzle:
1/2 cup hummus (homemade or store-bought)
2 tablespoons lemon juice
2 tablespoons water (adjust for desired consistency)
1 clove garlic, minced
Salt and pepper to taste
Prepare the Quinoa: In a medium saucepan, bring the water or vegetable broth to a boil. Add the quinoa and a pinch of salt. Reduce the heat to low, cover, and simmer for about 15-20 minutes, or until the quinoa is cooked and the liquid is absorbed. Fluff with a fork and set aside.
Roast the Vegetables: Preheat the oven to 400°F (200°C). Toss the mixed roasted vegetables with 1 tablespoon of olive oil, salt, and pepper. Spread them on a baking sheet and roast for about 15-20 minutes, or until tender and slightly caramelized. Remove from the oven and set aside.
Prepare the Bell Peppers: Cut the tops off the bell peppers and remove the seeds and membranes. Lightly brush the outside of the peppers with olive oil and place them in a baking dish.
Assemble the Filling: In a mixing bowl, combine the cooked quinoa, roasted vegetables, diced cucumber, chopped parsley, and crumbled feta cheese if using. Drizzle the remaining tablespoon of olive oil over the mixture and toss to combine. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
Stuff the Peppers: Divide the quinoa and roasted vegetable mixture evenly among the bell peppers, pressing down gently to pack the filling.
Bake the Stuffed Peppers: Preheat the oven to 375°F (190°C). Cover the baking dish with aluminum foil and bake the stuffed peppers for about 25-30 minutes, or until the peppers are tender.
Prepare the Hummus Drizzle: In a small bowl, whisk together the hummus, lemon juice, water, minced garlic, salt, and pepper until smooth and well combined. Adjust the water quantity to achieve your desired drizzling consistency.
Serve: Once the stuffed peppers are cooked, remove them from the oven and allow them to cool slightly. Drizzle the hummus mixture over the stuffed peppers.
Garnish and Enjoy: Garnish the stuffed peppers with additional chopped parsley if desired. Serve them warm as a delightful and healthy dish. The hummus drizzle adds creaminess and flavor, making this recipe truly unique and delicious.
This recipe combines the earthy flavors of roasted vegetables and quinoa with the creaminess of hummus, creating a well-balanced and nutrient-rich meal that's not only satisfying but also visually appealing.
Howdy everyone! My name is Nader & I love writing. It provides a soothing & creative way of expressing myself..as well as sharing tidbits of knowledge :)Article source: https://articlebiz.com
There are no posted comments.
- Savory Sauces for Falafel: Elevate Your Taste Experience
- 5 HEALTHY AVOCADO RECIPES THAT KIDS WOULD LOVE
- Kitchen Item Review
- How to Use Cardamom: A Guide to Understanding this Aromatic Spice
- How To Stay Safe When Cooking At Home
- What are some recipes that include black pepper or cardamom pods?
- 10 Interesting Ways To Make A New Drink With Rum
- HOW TO USE CANNABIS TO COMBAT CROHN'S DISEASE WITH 7 SIMPLE RECIPES
- 3 Easy Instant Pot Recipes Anyone Can Make in 30 Minutes
- A Brief History of Food Recipes
- The Blue-Eyed Boy of Barrackpore
- Traditional vs. Modern Kitchens: How to Choose the Right Setup for Your Restaurant
- Top 5 Frozen Food Myths in Singapore
- Mini salt competition
- Which Tastes Better, Pasta or Pizza?
- Defining Catering in Brisbane
- How to cook sweet potatoes in the microwave
- Facts About the Takeaway Cravings in the UK
- 5 Reasons that MEC Pots are Excellent Pressure Cookers
- Turning Natural Clay into the Best Green Cookware
- This eco-friendly Cookware brand is great if you are looking for 100% “green” pots and pans
- 5 homemade yogurt issues and easy solutions:
- 4 Creative Ways To Enjoy Your Kitchen
- Eco-Friendly Cookware – This cookware is "Green" a full 360 degrees
- These cooking pots are best because they are both healthy and non-toxic
- Best BBQ Grills for the Money 2020
- The Best Healthy And Non-Toxic Pots and Pans
- This stovetop slow cooker is a better choice for healthy cooking. Learn why
- The best rice cooker must retain all nutrients, both complex and simple carbs. Learn how and why that will affect your health