Valetta - Europe's cutest capital
- Author Cheyenne Griffin
- Published October 18, 2023
- Word count 325
Malta's capital city Valetta is reached via a bridge. From this point it feels like entering another time where modernity meets tradition. Following the main street with stores and restaurants, there are also cute small side streets, one cuter than the other.
Small lampshades mark the Chinese street, while white flower garlands gracefully hang above the streets. Green, fluffy garlands hang over the main street. All of this is complemented by the charming Maltese balconies, which are more like protruding windows painted in various shades of red, dark green, dark blue, and light blue, adding a unique charm to the streets. But not only the balconies are colored – also the doors are. In blue, green, red – making the streets even more charming.
Valetta is a city where you can enjoy beautiful water views from above, whether you're in the Upper Barrakka Gardens, Lower Barrakka Gardens, or a park close to the bus station. From these points, boats and ships entering the harbor can be watched. But not only can they be looked at from above, they can be also eperienced with taking the fast-speed ferry to the Maltese island of Gozo – another picturesque destination on Earth.
Feeling hungry in between exploring, the Maltesian pastizzis are a must try! They can be found in every corner of the city at one of the various pastizzerias. For just a few cents, a dough filled with peas or ricotta cheese can be enjoyed.
The city is also heavily influenced by other cultures, offering a variety of other snacks such as samosa – Indian filled dough with potatoes, peas, and spices. And of course, due to its proximity to Italy, pizza can be found in every imaginable form, type, and size throughout the city.
The public transportation - which are just buses – is really good in Malta! It easily connects all cities of Malta. The connection point is Valetta – so it is the best point to discover the whole island!
There are no posted comments.
- Are KLM Multi-city flights cheap?
- Top 5 Best Trekking routes in Nepal
- Exploring the Thrilling World of Dubai Desert on Rental Motorbike
- Fly Smart with AviaGuru: Your Ultimate Travel Companion
- 7 Things really efficient to consider for a perfect family vacation.
- User Best Things To Do In Morocco
- Irish Wildflower Meadows
- Unveiling the Magic of Mountaintop Cabin Rentals: Escape to Serenity Introduction:
- Top 5 Underrated Festivals of Kathmandu Valley
- Amboseli National Park
- Adventure Travel - An Exciting Way To Get Away From The Stress Of Daily Life
- 10 Of The Best Places To Visit On A European Road Trip
- 10 reasons that will make you fall in love with Rajasthan
- Weekend Tour Plan for Nainital & Jim Corbett in Uttarakhand
- Budapest stag do activities
- Budapest stag do
- The Complete Guide To The Best Kimberley Cruises
- Why You Should Take A Vacation To Maldives?
- My Tropical Christmas Vacation in Jaco Beach, Costa Rica!
- Touring Tuscany: Where To Go And What To Do
- When is the time hike to Everest Base Camp ?
- BOOK A BUDGET SAFARI IN UGANDA
- LARGE GROUP SAFARIS INTO UGANDA
- How to Handle (& Prevent!) Dental Emergencies on Your Vacation
- How To Save Money On Your Next Vacation
- Blake McCoy on Trips to Add to Your 2022 Bucket List
- Varieties of Dubai Desert Safaris
- HEART WARMING GIFT IDEAS FOR FLY FISHING VALENTINE
- Vanderbilt Beach Park,