Dry Skin - Reasons and Remedies
- Author Darren Brent
- Published February 9, 2008
- Word count 461
Healthy normal skin is soft and pliable in texture. When skin is healthy, there is anywhere from 10 of water in the top layer of your skin. To keep the outer layer of skin from loosing the water it needs for proper moister, the skin has glands called Sebaceous glands and they are there to produce the oily substance called Sebum. Made up of fatty acids, sugars, waxes and other natural chemicals, Sebum is a complex mixture of skin protection. Without the proper level of Sebum, the skin will show evaporation loss, causing the outer skin to be dry, scaly and even shrivel or crack, depending on the amount of water loss.
The technical term for dry skin is Xerosis, and it is a common problem affecting all ages and skin tones, to at one time or another get dry skin. Even infants are prone to dry skin. But with the elderly there is a naturally decreased production of Sebum Gland which can be the direct cause of their dry skin issues. Aging is also related to a loss of bloodstream flow going to the skin its skin. There are several factors as to why our skin Sebum levels become unbalanced causing dryness of the skin.
Sometimes it is caused by being in water too often. Whether it being our hands or our whole body, a job calling for excessive hand washing or bathing a lot, there usually is a result of dry skin with washing products and water combined with drying out of Sebum quicker than the production process will allow for. Health issues too like Diabetes or skin allergies and on occasion dry skin will be a sign of other health issues like hypothyroidism or kidney problems. Medication side effects are many times known to include causing dry skin. Excessive heat, cold, wind, sun, and forced air systems of most any kind are good culprits in causing dry skin when in these situations too often, and no outer skin protections in use.
In most cases of dry skin problems, we can resolve the problem fairly quickly without having to see a dermatologist. First, you must think carefully to determine why your skin has become dry to begin with. Is it your living environment or how water or products are involved? If you have dry skin because of these factors, a humidifier for the air environment, changing the products you use and good moisturizers added into your routine should resolve this type of dry skin. Sunscreens and wind blockers of extra moisturizers are important too when outdoors. If after taking all the extra efforts correcting your dry skin issue appropriately and it persists, then a doctor is necessary for a closer look for the right remedy.
Darren Brent writes for the www.onestoptreatment.com We provides information on all aspects of finding Dry Skin Care,The information provide by our SKIN CARE EXPERT!. You can find more details and tips about Dry Skin Care in our education center.Article source: http://articlebiz.com
There are no posted comments.
- 5 Things You Can Do in the Morning to Fight the Signs of Aging forever
- Know Your Curls - What Should I Be Using?
- WHAT IS HYALURONIC ACID ?
- Why Hand-tied Hair Extensions?
- What is a Cosmetic Surgery and Its Commonly Procedures?
- Health and beauty benefits of sleeping on a pure silk pillowcase
- Perfumes and Colognes
- Benefits of using high potency Collagen for Skin, Hair, and Joints
- What big skin care manufacturers don’t want you to know
- Eyebrow Microblading School
- Dental Crowns and Bridges in Singapore
- What Is Glutathione
- Benefits of essential oils for skin care
- All you need to know about Lip Gloss
- 18 Healthy Superfoods For Skin Whitening Naturally
- Auroma Remedies for Natural Pain Relief
- How do you start a hairdressing career?
- Emotional Benefits of Getting a Tantric Massage
- Just how To Preserve A Brazilian Deep Wave Hair
- What Your Moles Say About Your Personality
- How Can I Restore The Collagen In My Face
- 7 Benefits of Massage Therapy
- Tantric Massage Preparation and Techniques
- Everyday Skin Care
- 5 Ways to Cope with Hair Loss Easily
- Instant Results Tips To get ride of Dark Neck Skin
- Can You Receive Messages On Match Com Without Paying?
- Acupunture Therapies in North London
- The best Anti-Aging Products We Swear by
- Benefits of HEMP (NOT CBD) Oil for Eczema