The Natural Way To Healthy-Looking Hair
- Author Debi Harris
- Published February 5, 2008
- Word count 676
Healthy-looking, shiny hair depends on several factors.
Our diet is a major factor when considering the health of our hair, as well as our health in general.
A healthy diet containing plenty of fresh fruit and vegetables will keep your body healthy as well as your hair.
It's important to take a multivitamin and mineral supplement every day if you want your hair and body to stay in tip top condition. This is because the soil we use to grow crops is now so depleted of minerals that it is necessary to take extra vitamin supplements to make sure we are getting all our necessary nutrients.
Drinking at least 8 glasses of fresh water every day is important to our health ( and therefore our hair ) in order to keep ourselves properly hydrated.
Natural Shampoo and Conditioner
The type of shampoo and conditioner we use is another important factor regarding the health of our hair.
So many shampoos today contain sodium lauryl sulfate (SLS) or sodium laureth sulfate (SLES). Sodium lauryl sulfate is a harsh detergent which is used in many shampoos . It can cause skin irritation and is extremely harsh to the hair because it strips the hair's natural oils.
This can leave the hair dry, frizzy, tangled and unmanageable. This is where the need for conditioners comes in. We dry out our hair every time we wash it, so we have to replace the moisture that is lost during the washing process. Conditioners are necessary because of the harsh chemicals in shampoos. If your hair is dry or frizzy, you may want to check to see what's in your shampoo.
I recommend only washing your hair with 100% natural shampoo and you should notice the difference with the first wash! Because natural shampoos don't contain any harsh ingredients, they gently cleanse the hair without drying it out.
You may find that a conditioner is no longer necessary. If you choose to use conditioner make sure it is 100% natural conditioner.
There are many so-called 'natural' products on the market now, but be sure that the one you buy is all-natural. Read the ingredient list, as a lot of products are marketed as natural, but they may only contain a small percentage of pure, natural ingredients. If it's all natural, that's the one to buy.
Natural Hair Styling Products
If you use hair styling products, be sure to use only natural hair styling products, as many styling products on the market today contain drying ingredients which add to the problem of dry, frizzy hair. Natural hair styling products can enhance the condition of the hair as they style, as they are full of natural, nourishing ingredients.
Wash Hair No More Than Once A Week
Back in the 1970's many people, both men and women, had long, glossy, healthy-looking hair.
I believe the main reason for this is because back then, people didn't wash their hair as often as they do today. We have become obsessed about washing today, especially in the western world. Our hair and skin are not designed to be washed with detergent based cleansers every day.
I recommend only washing your hair once a week with a gentle, natural shampoo and conditioner. If you feel that you can't leave it that long between washes, just rinse it through with warm water to freshen it up.
It's interesting how many women now have to rely on long hair extensions because their hair just won't grow fast enough. Overwashing hair with chemical-filled shampoos may well be the reason, as SLS is known to corrode the hair follicle and impair it's ability to grow hair.
So here is the simple formula for healthy-looking, glossy hair :
Eat a healthy diet full of fresh fruit and vegetables
Drink plenty of water.
Take a multivitamin and multimineral every day.
Use only 100% natural shampoo and conditioner.
Use only natural hair styling products.
Wash hair no more than once a week with natural shampoo and conditioner.
Follow these steps and I am sure you will soon have gorgeously glossy, healthy looking hair
Debi Harris runs naturalbarbies.com
The natural way to your dream hair, face and body. Discover the best hair, make-up and fashion colours for your natural colouring. Natural product reviews, plus anti-ageing, diet and fitness advice.Article source: http://articlebiz.com
There are no posted comments.
- 5 Things You Can Do in the Morning to Fight the Signs of Aging forever
- Know Your Curls - What Should I Be Using?
- Why Hand-tied Hair Extensions?
- What is a Cosmetic Surgery and Its Commonly Procedures?
- Health and beauty benefits of sleeping on a pure silk pillowcase
- Perfumes and Colognes
- Benefits of using high potency Collagen for Skin, Hair, and Joints
- What big skin care manufacturers don’t want you to know
- Eyebrow Microblading School
- Dental Crowns and Bridges in Singapore
- What Is Glutathione
- Benefits of essential oils for skin care
- All you need to know about Lip Gloss
- 18 Healthy Superfoods For Skin Whitening Naturally
- Auroma Remedies for Natural Pain Relief
- How do you start a hairdressing career?
- Emotional Benefits of Getting a Tantric Massage
- Just how To Preserve A Brazilian Deep Wave Hair
- What Your Moles Say About Your Personality
- How Can I Restore The Collagen In My Face
- 7 Benefits of Massage Therapy
- Tantric Massage Preparation and Techniques
- Everyday Skin Care
- 5 Ways to Cope with Hair Loss Easily
- Instant Results Tips To get ride of Dark Neck Skin
- Can You Receive Messages On Match Com Without Paying?
- Acupunture Therapies in North London
- The best Anti-Aging Products We Swear by
- Benefits of HEMP (NOT CBD) Oil for Eczema
- Vitamin C Serum