How Teeth get Darker and What You can Do
- Author Matt Wittchow
- Published February 7, 2008
- Word count 568
Dark teeth will usually arise from aging or the consumption of teeth staining substances or both. To start with, not all people are born with white teeth. It’s not uncommon for a child to have dark (shades of yellow and gray) primary teeth and more often than not these grow into the permanent teeth.
So many years ago, people born with dark teeth had almost no option of getting it white and if there were any options they were very expensive. Natural dark teeth are the most difficult kind of dark teeth to get white and most home-whitening kits are not able to solve the problem efficiently. Dentists will have a solution and this solution may differ from dentist to dentist and from location to location. For a person born with colored teeth, your best bet is to visit a dentist who’ll then propose a solution based on the color and color depth of your teeth.
Consuming teeth staining substances is a major reason for teeth discoloration. Teeth staining substances are substances which when taken consistently tend to darken our teeth. Tobacco, coffee, alcohol, anti-biotic drugs, and excessive fluoride are some of the most common substances that cause teeth stains. All these elements leave stains on teeth with persistent use especially when proper dental hygiene is not practiced. And just as teeth staining substances stain teeth, aging also results in dark teeth. Right under the enamel which is the white part of our teeth that we all see is the dentin. The dentin is naturally yellow and liable to exposure with age, usage of the teeth and brushing with very abrasive substances.
Just like the clothing we put on which gets dirty over time, so will our teeth. And while we wash our teeth everyday, not washing them well enough ensures that substances not washed away remain there to color the teeth over time.
There are a number of solutions for curing dark teeth and the good news is that most of these solutions are easily within reach.
Home remedies are more suited for lighter teeth stains. Strawberry pulp a natural bleaching agent when used to brush the teeth can provide suitable results. Using salt has not yet proven to be successful but it’s a good way to help clean your teeth and prevent it from being discolored. Salt can be very abrasive so it’s important to use this method no more than once a month. Another common home remedy includes using baking soda alongside a tooth brush.
There are many whitening products/kits out there. Whitening mouthwash/toothpaste are most suitable for prevention but may also be used for mild teeth stains.
This form of teeth whitening is cost effective but requires to be used at least once a day depending on your dentists instructions. Whitening effects from strips may last more than a year.
Bleaching trays are customized by dentists to fit the teeth of their recipients. They contain a higher concentration of bleaching agents when compared to whitening strips.
The Blue-light technology makes use of highly effective bleaching agents coupled with light-rays administered in a special way. Though this procedure is not cost effective, there are many who’ve undergone the procedure claimed its effects were dramatic. Cleansed teeth usually remain last up to two years after undergoing the procedure.
Dark teeth will usually arise from aging or the consumption of teeth staining substances or both. Brow online website for tooth whitening and teeth whiteners .Article source: http://articlebiz.com
- 5 Things You Can Do in the Morning to Fight the Signs of Aging forever
- Know Your Curls - What Should I Be Using?
- WHAT IS HYALURONIC ACID ?
- Why Hand-tied Hair Extensions?
- What is a Cosmetic Surgery and Its Commonly Procedures?
- Health and beauty benefits of sleeping on a pure silk pillowcase
- Perfumes and Colognes
- Benefits of using high potency Collagen for Skin, Hair, and Joints
- What big skin care manufacturers don’t want you to know
- Eyebrow Microblading School
- Dental Crowns and Bridges in Singapore
- What Is Glutathione
- Benefits of essential oils for skin care
- All you need to know about Lip Gloss
- 18 Healthy Superfoods For Skin Whitening Naturally
- Auroma Remedies for Natural Pain Relief
- How do you start a hairdressing career?
- Emotional Benefits of Getting a Tantric Massage
- Just how To Preserve A Brazilian Deep Wave Hair
- What Your Moles Say About Your Personality
- How Can I Restore The Collagen In My Face
- 7 Benefits of Massage Therapy
- Tantric Massage Preparation and Techniques
- Everyday Skin Care
- 5 Ways to Cope with Hair Loss Easily
- Instant Results Tips To get ride of Dark Neck Skin
- Can You Receive Messages On Match Com Without Paying?
- Acupunture Therapies in North London
- The best Anti-Aging Products We Swear by
- Benefits of HEMP (NOT CBD) Oil for Eczema