Mineral Makeup: What You Should Know
- Author Jen Wasilewski
- Published February 8, 2008
- Word count 510
In a massive movement to live better and "greener," health savvy fashionistas started to look for something better than their bottles of liquid foundation containing ingredients that range from unpronounceable to unbelievable. Whether it was due to a trend sparked by a movement, or an uncanny coincidence, mineral makeup has hit the shelves with a force not seen in the makeup industry in years. Women can't get enough of these earthen face wares and there is plenty of reason for the demand.
As science continues to hone in on products and chemicals that can increase your risk of cancer, blemishes, skin damage, and other health issues, women are looking for friendlier makeup. Unfortunately, it's not always easy to find something that fits into that category and works well. This is where mineral makeup comes into play. Made from the minerals found naturally in the earth, this makeup is is chemical, dye, and preservative free. Women with sensitive or acne prone skin may be even more intrigued by this makeup because of it's lack of chemicals and other elements that tend to irritate skin. This alone makes mineral makeup a great alternative to what filled out makeup bags in the past.
The benefits of mineral makeup don't stop there. Many dermatologist agree that by nature this specific type of makeup can do the following for skin:
Certain ingredients, like zinc oxide can help calm your skin which is great for those with problems like rosacea or acne.
Due to it's makeup it will not clog pores or cause acne conditions to flare up or become work.
The presence of zinc and titanium oxide in mineral makeup, many companies boast of the natural sun protection characteristics.
On the other side of the coin, some argue that mineral makeup is no better for your skin than regular makeup that women have been using for years. Just because it is from the ground doesn't necessarily means it's best for you. Some women who have tried mineral makeup have claimed that it not only isn't worth the hype but that it actually dries out and causes more skin irritation. Another complaint that has been associated with mineral makeup is it's lack of performance for ethnic skin The nature of the makeup isn't always conducive to those who have drier or aging skin and some even believe it may bring out wrinkles and age more so than other types of makeup.
Like any new trend in the market there are always believers and skeptics and mineral makeup is not free from these critics. If mineral makeup sounds like something you may be interested in, be sure to practice caution and read the labels. Always test the makeup on a small part of your skin. While it is believed to be better for skin, each person is made differently and while it may work for one person that doesn't necessarily mean it will work for you. Ultimately, the only way to find out if it does work is to put it to the test for your self.
There are no posted comments.
- 5 Things You Can Do in the Morning to Fight the Signs of Aging forever
- Know Your Curls - What Should I Be Using?
- WHAT IS HYALURONIC ACID ?
- Why Hand-tied Hair Extensions?
- What is a Cosmetic Surgery and Its Commonly Procedures?
- Health and beauty benefits of sleeping on a pure silk pillowcase
- Perfumes and Colognes
- Benefits of using high potency Collagen for Skin, Hair, and Joints
- What big skin care manufacturers don’t want you to know
- Eyebrow Microblading School
- Dental Crowns and Bridges in Singapore
- What Is Glutathione
- Benefits of essential oils for skin care
- All you need to know about Lip Gloss
- 18 Healthy Superfoods For Skin Whitening Naturally
- Auroma Remedies for Natural Pain Relief
- How do you start a hairdressing career?
- Emotional Benefits of Getting a Tantric Massage
- Just how To Preserve A Brazilian Deep Wave Hair
- What Your Moles Say About Your Personality
- How Can I Restore The Collagen In My Face
- 7 Benefits of Massage Therapy
- Tantric Massage Preparation and Techniques
- Everyday Skin Care
- 5 Ways to Cope with Hair Loss Easily
- Instant Results Tips To get ride of Dark Neck Skin
- Can You Receive Messages On Match Com Without Paying?
- Acupunture Therapies in North London
- The best Anti-Aging Products We Swear by
- Benefits of HEMP (NOT CBD) Oil for Eczema