Hair loss in Men
- Author Steven Charles
- Published April 13, 2008
- Word count 435
Hair loss and thinning hair have been sensitive issues for men throughout time. Recently, medical science has finally identified the main cause of hair loss. Now, it is a known medical fact that hair loss stems from both genetic and hormonal causes. Androgenetic Alopecia or "male pattern hair loss" is implicated in 95% of hair loss cases. The key is a hormonal byproduct called DHT (dihydrotestostrone). The more DHT that gets put into your body, the more your hair follicles become thinner and finer until the hair is permanently lost.
DHT- The hormones responsible for hair loss
DHT is one of many male hormones in the body. DHT is developmentally important early in a man’s life; however, it appears to be a cause of hair loss as men get older. Male pattern hair loss is caused by a hormone called as dihydrotestostrone (DHT). It is produced from the hormone testosterone with the help of an enzyme- 5-alpha reductase. DHT, once formed, binds to the hair follicles, retarding their growth and cutting off their blood supply. The hair starts to thin down and eventually falls. Thus, the more levels of DHT in the body, more the hair follicles shrink causing male pattern baldness.
DHT- Effect on the hair cycle
Hair in our scalp are regularly grown and replaced by constant hair cycling of activity and rest. A typical hair undergoes three phases- the growth phase- anagen lasts for two to six years producing well pigmented-thick hair. At any given time, 90% of the scalp hairs are in the growth phase. The second phase, catagen is a transient phase lasting for few weeks. The hair starts becoming thinner and the follicle starts shrinking. The last phase, telogen is for two to four months, where the thinned hair falls off making way for new hair. DHT has been shown to shorten the growth phase causing untimely hair fall. It also causes shrinkage of hair follicles so that regrowth may not occur.
Natural DHT Blockers
Some natural hair loss remedies are designed to block DHT (dihydrotestostrone) from getting to your body, which is one of the major causes of hair loss. These natural hair loss treatments are designed to block DHT and supply the proper nutrients to your body specifically tailored to prevent hair loss and to help you regrow hair naturally. Strong, healthy hair begins with the proper nutritional building blocks. You don't have to wait until there's a problem to prevent it. Supplement your body's natural supply of these nutrients and lets the tiny follicles beneath your scalp receive exactly what they need to create beautiful, full-bodied hair.
Steve Maszlagi has been promoting the benefits of herbal and alternative treatments through such websites as HerbalWorks Herbal Product Reviews for many years. The website has some reviews of a natural hair loss treatment called Provillus. He is a passionate believer in the power of herbal remedies over chemical based unnatural solutions.Article source: http://articlebiz.com
There are no posted comments.
- 5 Things You Can Do in the Morning to Fight the Signs of Aging forever
- Know Your Curls - What Should I Be Using?
- WHAT IS HYALURONIC ACID ?
- Why Hand-tied Hair Extensions?
- What is a Cosmetic Surgery and Its Commonly Procedures?
- Health and beauty benefits of sleeping on a pure silk pillowcase
- Perfumes and Colognes
- Benefits of using high potency Collagen for Skin, Hair, and Joints
- What big skin care manufacturers don’t want you to know
- Eyebrow Microblading School
- Dental Crowns and Bridges in Singapore
- What Is Glutathione
- Benefits of essential oils for skin care
- All you need to know about Lip Gloss
- 18 Healthy Superfoods For Skin Whitening Naturally
- Auroma Remedies for Natural Pain Relief
- How do you start a hairdressing career?
- Emotional Benefits of Getting a Tantric Massage
- Just how To Preserve A Brazilian Deep Wave Hair
- What Your Moles Say About Your Personality
- How Can I Restore The Collagen In My Face
- 7 Benefits of Massage Therapy
- Tantric Massage Preparation and Techniques
- Everyday Skin Care
- 5 Ways to Cope with Hair Loss Easily
- Instant Results Tips To get ride of Dark Neck Skin
- Can You Receive Messages On Match Com Without Paying?
- Acupunture Therapies in North London
- The best Anti-Aging Products We Swear by
- Benefits of HEMP (NOT CBD) Oil for Eczema