Why Is Treating Oily Skin So Difficult?
- Author Louise Forrest
- Published August 23, 2008
- Word count 533
Anyone who has oily skin will know that treating it can be very difficult and also challenging because if not treated correctly it make matters much worse.
There are some advantages to having oily skin such as it does delay the signs of ageing but on the other hands the advantages are not often outweighed by the disadvantages.
The biggest disadvantages of having oily skin is that it can lead to skin blemishes such as spots and acne.
Such blemishes are caused with the pores of the skin get trapped by dead skin cells, and this combined with bacteria and excess sebum is a perfect breeding ground for bacteria and as a result acne lesions on the skin are the common result.
As you can see that caring for skin that is oily does need to be done in a manner that is going to help absorb the excess oils and to also prevent the development of spots and acne developing.
You do want to be using products that will cause the skin to become dry otherwise the skin will over compensate and therefore produce more oil.
So the real important factor that you need to take into account is what you are actually going to be putting on your skin. Oily skin can be very sensitive and it is not difficult to create an additional trigger that is going to cause more oils to be produced on the surface of the skin.
Also make sure that you do not have any allergies, and this will only be determined if you study and read the product ingredients. If you are not sure, test some of the product on an area of the body such as the arm and see if there is any kind of reaction or irritation. If there is not then the product should be safe enough to be used on your face.
Another important tip that people with oily skin need to bear in mind is to avoid skin care products that actually contain oil within them.
It would like be fighting fire with fire and using oil based products will just be fuelling the problem that you already have.
Now it has been established what to use and what to avoid when it does come to the stage of actually washing your face, you need to exercise great caution. Do not wash the skin more than twice a day, and only use a light circular motion technique when washing.
It is important that you avoid any harsh scrubbing as this can make matter worse.
You are actually better off if you do not wear any make up at all.
But if you do, just like skin care products, do not use products that are oil based, get water based products, and remember to remove your make up before you go to sleep.
Your skin care routine for helping to heal your skin is to be consistent and needs to be done with discipline. Once you have found a skin care range that you like, stick to it, do not jump from product to product, as sometimes your skin does need to adapt to what is being applied to it.
Get more information about
acne skin care. Spend time learning abouthttp://articlebiz.com
There are no posted comments.
- Why Hand-tied Hair Extensions?
- What is a Cosmetic Surgery and Its Commonly Procedures?
- Health and beauty benefits of sleeping on a pure silk pillowcase
- Perfumes and Colognes
- Benefits of using high potency Collagen for Skin, Hair, and Joints
- What big skin care manufacturers don’t want you to know
- Eyebrow Microblading School
- Dental Crowns and Bridges in Singapore
- What Is Glutathione
- Benefits of essential oils for skin care
- All you need to know about Lip Gloss
- 18 Healthy Superfoods For Skin Whitening Naturally
- Auroma Remedies for Natural Pain Relief
- How do you start a hairdressing career?
- Emotional Benefits of Getting a Tantric Massage
- Just how To Preserve A Brazilian Deep Wave Hair
- What Your Moles Say About Your Personality
- How Can I Restore The Collagen In My Face
- 7 Benefits of Massage Therapy
- Tantric Massage Preparation and Techniques
- Everyday Skin Care
- 5 Ways to Cope with Hair Loss Easily
- Instant Results Tips To get ride of Dark Neck Skin
- Can You Receive Messages On Match Com Without Paying?
- Acupunture Therapies in North London
- The best Anti-Aging Products We Swear by
- Benefits of HEMP (NOT CBD) Oil for Eczema
- Vitamin C Serum
- Benefits of Hemp Oil and Cream For Skin
- Common Hair Problems that Hair Extensions Can Fix