Cardio For Weight Loss
- Author George Grigoryan
- Published September 17, 2008
- Word count 397
If you have been struggling to get in shape you've probably considered cardio for weight loss including cardio classes.
But did you know that cardio for weight loss is the LEAST effective and to get in shape?
The idea behind doing cardio for weight loss is that it burns calories and therefore helps you get in shape. And yes, it works...very slowly.
There are other forms of exercise that burn MUCH more calories and give much faster results than cardio for weight loss.
Let me reveal to you the two most effective ones that I consider my 'secret weapons' in my work of fitness coaching for women.
If you are going to do cardio for weight loss, then make sure you do something called interval training. It burns three times the calories in one third the time.
In other words it is NINE times more effective.
I've got a great beginner weight loss cardio workout for you that's proven to work. I want you to try it.
Get on a treadmill and set the speed 2.5mph - 3mph and set a low incline. Walk for 5 minutes - this is warm-up.
Now keep the speed the same, but double the incline. Walk like this for 1 minute. This is you work interval.
Bring the incline back down and walk like this for 2 minutes. This is your rest interval.
1 work interval + 1 rest interval = 1 ROUND
Week 1: do 3 rounds 3 times per week .
Week 2: 4 rounds 3 times per week.
Week 3: 5 rounds 3 times per week.
Week 4: 6 rounds 3 times per week
Cool-down for 5 minutes after each session.
If this is too easy for you, pickup the speed in addition to the incline for your work intervals.
If you do this cardio routine in addition to your Metabolic Resistance Training (sign-up for my newsletter to get it), by week 4 you can lose up to 8 pounds of fat.
My other secret weapon is even more powerful. It is Metabolic Resistance Training.
It's a form of resistance training I designed specifically for women. The reason it's extremely effective is that it burns calories during the workout and for 48 hours AFTER the workout.
It elevates your metabolism permanently.
Sure, you can do traditional cardio for weight loss, but if you want results NOW, then I suggest you try interval training and metabolic resistance training.
It's worked for dozens of women I trained and it will work for you too.
Geo Grigoryan is a fitness coach who has helped dozens of women sculpt the body of their dreams. To get his latest FREE e-book '46 Must Have Toning' and a free Sample Workout please visit:http://articlebiz.com
There are no posted comments.
- 5 Methods To Burn Stubborn Belly Fat
- Exercise To Reduce Belly Fat For A Female At Home: Hips, Kicks & Sides
- Exercise To Reduce Belly Fat For A Female At Home: 3 Ab-Strengthening Workouts
- Exercise To Reduce Belly Fat For A Female At Home: Basic Ways To Lose Weight Through Exercise & Diet
- Exercise To Reduce Belly Fat For A Female At Home: The Victory Stretch
- Eliminate Negative Thoughts And Lose Weight
- The Flat Belly Fix
- Exercise To Reduce Belly Fat For A Female At Home: Burpees
- Quarantine Up
- 4 Most Effective Foods that Burn Stubborn Belly Fat Fast
- How to Lose Weight With Green Tea Fast and No Risk?
- Your muscles is your power and beauty!
- 7 Natural Ways To Lose Your Belly Fat
- 3 Big Diet Mistakes You May Be Making
- The Best Way To Get Sexy Female Abs
- 7 Health Pointers for the Fitness Women
- Best Diet Plan to Loose Weight
- The Powerful Keto Fat Burning Diet
- How to Know the Authentic Fat Loss Diet Pills
- 4 Simple Ways To Stay Motivated For Women
- Impact of Combining Hemp Oil on the Keto Diet
- What is H.I.I.T., the One Minute Weight Loss Routine?
- How to Benefit from Keto Meal Plan
- Paleo Versus Keto Diet
- Tea is born to lose weight
- Techniques for Rapid Weight Loss Success
- What is Calorie Deficit
- Benefits of the Ketogenic Diet
- Free Natural Weight Loss Plans
- Losing Weight Doesn’t Have To Be Hard - Try These Simple Tips