Teeth Whitening Tips at Home
- Author Matt Wittchow
- Published September 28, 2008
- Word count 593
Teeth whitening does not have to be expensive. There are a lot of teeth whitening products out there that cost lesser than regular toothpaste by using common household items like oranges and baking soda. And with the constant rising of the prices commodities, it is no wonder that many people choose home-made remedies to achieve teeth whitening than opt for professional help.
Here are some of the most effective teeth whitening tips you can do in the comforts of your own home. Some are regular kitchen items while others are over-the-counter teeth whitening products you can buy at your local pharmacy or online.
Baking soda is the most common and the most inexpensive of all home teeth whiteners. Just take a drop of baking soda, add water to make it pasty, then brush it all over your teeth using your toothbrush or your finger. Let it stay for a couple of minutes after brushing, then gargle thoroughly to rinse out. If you accidentally swallow this home-made teeth whitening paste, it is okay as it is just baking soda. The only downside of this teeth whitener is that not a lot of people can tolerate the taste of pure baking soda.
If you are not a fan of pure baking soda, then try using lemon and salt as a teeth whitening product. Mix one part of lemon with an equal part of salt, making a paste-like solution. Then rub this all over your "used to be" pearly whites once a day before bedtime.
Orange peel is also a home teeth whitener. Use the pulpy, white side of an orange peel to rub over your stained yellow teeth to achieve a polished shine after two weeks. You can do this two to three times a day as an effective teeth whitener, but be careful as it may cause sensitivity to some.
A very old method of teeth whitening is by using bay leaves that can be bought in the local market. Crush dried bay leaves then mix it with an equal part of crushed and dried orange peel. You can add water to make a paste or leave it in its dry, powdery form. Just rub this powder or paste on your teeth and use it as a teeth whitener.
Gobble on strawberries. You can actually rub strawberries on your teeth to achieve a teeth whitening effect. This was popularized by one talk show, but just as a follow-up, you may want to brush your teeth afterward because of strawberries’ sugar content.
Use apple cider vinegar as mouthwash as teeth whitener. Just swish it around your mouth for a couple of minutes, or you can mix it with a teaspoon of baking soda and a dash of salt to make a teeth whitening paste you can apply on your teeth. This is an effective teeth whitener that combines three teeth whitening agents (vinegar, baking soda and salt) all together to create one potent mix.
If home-made teeth whitening remedies do not seem to work for you lackluster and yellowish teeth, your may want to buy-over-the counter teeth whitening products like take-home teeth whitening sprays, teeth whitening gels, or toothpaste whiteners. One example of this take-home teeth whitening product is the 36% Plasma Laser Bluelight Teeth Whitening Kit that some claim to achieve results after the first use. It is relatively cheaper than one visit to the dentist; and you can use this teeth whitener over and over once you have bought the product, so the teeth whitening effects can compound over the weeks you use it.
There are no posted comments.
- Why Hand-tied Hair Extensions?
- What is a Cosmetic Surgery and Its Commonly Procedures?
- Health and beauty benefits of sleeping on a pure silk pillowcase
- Perfumes and Colognes
- Benefits of using high potency Collagen for Skin, Hair, and Joints
- What big skin care manufacturers don’t want you to know
- Eyebrow Microblading School
- Dental Crowns and Bridges in Singapore
- What Is Glutathione
- Benefits of essential oils for skin care
- All you need to know about Lip Gloss
- 18 Healthy Superfoods For Skin Whitening Naturally
- Auroma Remedies for Natural Pain Relief
- How do you start a hairdressing career?
- Emotional Benefits of Getting a Tantric Massage
- Just how To Preserve A Brazilian Deep Wave Hair
- What Your Moles Say About Your Personality
- How Can I Restore The Collagen In My Face
- 7 Benefits of Massage Therapy
- Tantric Massage Preparation and Techniques
- Everyday Skin Care
- 5 Ways to Cope with Hair Loss Easily
- Instant Results Tips To get ride of Dark Neck Skin
- Can You Receive Messages On Match Com Without Paying?
- Acupunture Therapies in North London
- The best Anti-Aging Products We Swear by
- Benefits of HEMP (NOT CBD) Oil for Eczema
- Vitamin C Serum
- Benefits of Hemp Oil and Cream For Skin
- Common Hair Problems that Hair Extensions Can Fix