Road Traffic Injuries and Compensation
- Author Michiel Van Kets
- Published May 14, 2009
- Word count 691
If you have been involved in a road traffic accident that wasn’t your fault, your main concern will be to get better and life to return to normal. Making a claim is not generally one of your first thoughts, but it is your legal right to claim accident compensation as you have experienced a physical and emotional upset.
A road traffic accident can be caused for all kinds of reasons, driving too fast in a built up area, not paying 100% attention, distractions in and outside the car, ignoring traffic signals, speeding and using a mobile phone. Drink driving can lead to impaired ability and cause loss of concentration, weather conditions can lead to icy roads and heavy rain can make it difficult to see the road ahead, these are all contributing reasons to drivers being involved in an accident. To be the victim in a road accident you don’t have to be the driver, you could receive an injury just from being the passenger or a passing pedestrian. A road accident can result in minor injuries or change your life completely.
You can never know for certain how much the accident will affect you, you might only have received minor injuries and your life is back to normal within the month, but in some cases injuries can take years to recover from. There are various expenses that will be incurred as your health returns involving hospital bills, loss of wages, repairs and ongoing physical therapy.
A reputable and established lawyer will never try and impress you with huge figures of compensation amounts he has managed to secure for previous clients. A good lawyer will look at all the facts regarding your case and be able to tell you instantly and honestly whether they think the case is worth making a claim and what this will involve exactly.
If you are involved in any kind of road traffic accident, you should always discuss the case with a legal expert who will be able to guide you through the minefield of the legal system and help you to get compensation. Before making a final decision on any lawyer, take a look at their previous record for dealing with cases similar to yours. Carefully research each lawyer you approach and don’t be afraid to ask questions if you don’t understand something.
Road traffic accidents happen every day and as the number of vehicles on the road increases so does the amount of accidents, causes of car accidents can be anything. Rush hour in any city is a frenzied time with everyone rushing to get someplace they should have been 10 minutes earlier, mothers on school runs and business people in their offices, Many people who have been involved in a road traffic accident don’t want to put in a claim for compensation. They either feel that it isn’t worth all the time and effort involved, are frightened at the thought of the legal fees involved or consider it is not worth the stress. However, if you have been involved in a road traffic accident simply employ the services of a personal injuries lawyer and the stress and hassle is taken away from you. Also there is no cost to you as most lawyers deal on a no win no fee basis. If you have experienced an accident it is only right you should be compensated for your loss of wages, medical bills or any other expenses incurred through no fault of your own.
If you have had an accident in the last 3 years then write down all the details with the time and date and other parties name included. Then contact an accident claims solicitor, either give them a call and make enquiries or look online for details of one in your local area. They will be able to let you know straight away if there is any chance of your claim being successful.
Claiming after a car accident is your legal right. It is simple to do and the rewards could clear all your debts. Look online today for an established and reputable solicitor and make that claim.
Michiel Van Kets provides article services for Andy Jones who works for First personal Injury, one of the UK’s leading personal injury solicitors. For any questions about accident claims, personal injury lawyers, or road traffic injury compensation visit the website.Article source: http://articlebiz.com
There are no posted comments.
- Know the Role of Criminal Defense Lawyer in Singapore
- Covid-19 Impact On Rental Contracts In UAE
- Impact on Working Hours during Ramadan Due to Covid-19
- All that you should know about the New Anti-Money Laundering Law
- Can Impact of Coronavirus be a Force Majeure Event?
- Multiculturalism here in Australia – a Good read for Migrants.
- How to Hire the Right Personal Injury Lawyer
- UAE joins nations monitoring Offenders through Electronic Tagging
- With the new Law in the UAE, the Prosecution Can Allow the Accused and the Victim to Settle Criminal Matters Amicably.
- Good Bye to Entangling Investigations, Minor Crimes to be Disposed within One Day in the UAE.
- Measures of UAE Ministry Of Labor To Curb Spread Of Coronavirus
- Worker's Compensation Law
- Can Employment Tribunal Cases Be Joined Together?
- Essential Factors to Consider Before Hiring German Translation Services
- 4 Signs You Need Cleaning Services
- Common Causes of Construction Site Accidents
- Preparing for an M&A
- M&A Documents
- Business Formation
- The M&A Due Diligence Process
- Indemnification in Mergers & Acquisitions Explained
- Representations & Warranties: Top Q&As for M&As
- Letters of Intent
- Sponsorship Agreements
- Top 7 Spoilers To Avoid in Business Contract Drafting
- The Role Of An Estate Planning Attorney
- Checklist To Discuss With Your Estate Planning Attorney
- What Is The Difference Between a Will vs Trust?
- When Should I Hire an Attorney in Dallas for a Personal Injury?
- What Type of Issues Does Family Law Address?