Threat of Road Accidents
- Author Jan Camille Canivel
- Published June 4, 2009
- Word count 563
There are different kinds of road accidents that often occur in Los Angeles wherein many people are hurt. These accidents often cause people to face different problems physically, emotionally, and financially.
The assistance of skilled lawyers should always be acquired by people who are involved in a road accident so they will have the proper legal guidance that they need. These lawyers will help the aggrieved party to recover from the incident by determining the party at fault in the accident.
Some kinds of road accidents wherein the help of these professionals will greatly help the aggrieved party include buses, motorcycles, and trains.
There are various kinds of bus accidents that occur on the roads. Some kinds of bus accidents include:
• Shuttle bus accidents- Using shuttle buses is an effective and convenient way of going to a specific destination or place. However, the awkward shape of a shuttle bus and its frequent stopping can trigger the occurrence of an accident.
• Tour bus accidents- Tour buses are used by tourists whenever they visit a new place and the want to explore it. There are different parties that may be considered as responsible when an accident involving this kind of bus takes place including the local government, and the bus maintenance company, among others,
• School bus accidents- School buses are used by millions of children when going to their schools and back to their homes. Accidents involving this kind of bus account for about 11 deaths annually.
This kind of road disaster already caused a number of people to die and to suffer from different kinds of injuries. National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHSTA) statistics revealed that around 4,007 people were killed while around 760,000 were injured due to their involvement in this incident.
This kind of road disaster is defined by the Federal Railroad Administration as a collision, derailment, or other events involving on-track equipment’s operation. Like other kinds of accidents that occur on the roads, train accidents also present prevalent danger for the people who are involved in it. Statistics showed that the number of accidents involving trains has been on the rise since 1997.
There are different reasons why this accident takes place. Some of these reasons include:
• inadequate or insufficient train security
• mechanical failure
• unsuitably managed or maintained tracks
• negligence committed by the train conductor
Compensation for Road Accident Victims
People who are involved in a road accident may be entitled to receive compensation for the damages they suffered including:
• Mental anguish- Any mental suffering or agony experience by a person in relation with an injury sustained or involvement in an accident including nervousness, feeling of lost dignity, and mortification.
• Medical expenses- This is the payment given that will compensate for the medical bills and expenses acquired by the injured person for different medical services including emergency room treatment, ambulance fees, and hospital stays.
• Permanent disability- This is best established or proven through a medical testimony wherein the person’s claim of permanent disability will be evaluated by a doctor.
Acquiring Legal Aid from Lawyers
If you are living in Los Angeles and you are involved in a certain road accident, there are lawyers who can help you build and win your case. The knowledge of these lawyers concerning all kinds of road accidents will give you a higher chance of acquiring just compensation for your losses.
Our expert accident attorneys handle cases involving vehicle accidents such as hit and run cases. For consultation, visit our website and avail of our free case analysis.Article source: http://articlebiz.com
There are no posted comments.
- Know the Role of Criminal Defense Lawyer in Singapore
- Covid-19 Impact On Rental Contracts In UAE
- Impact on Working Hours during Ramadan Due to Covid-19
- All that you should know about the New Anti-Money Laundering Law
- Can Impact of Coronavirus be a Force Majeure Event?
- Multiculturalism here in Australia – a Good read for Migrants.
- How to Hire the Right Personal Injury Lawyer
- UAE joins nations monitoring Offenders through Electronic Tagging
- With the new Law in the UAE, the Prosecution Can Allow the Accused and the Victim to Settle Criminal Matters Amicably.
- Good Bye to Entangling Investigations, Minor Crimes to be Disposed within One Day in the UAE.
- Measures of UAE Ministry Of Labor To Curb Spread Of Coronavirus
- Worker's Compensation Law
- Can Employment Tribunal Cases Be Joined Together?
- Essential Factors to Consider Before Hiring German Translation Services
- 4 Signs You Need Cleaning Services
- Common Causes of Construction Site Accidents
- Preparing for an M&A
- M&A Documents
- Business Formation
- The M&A Due Diligence Process
- Indemnification in Mergers & Acquisitions Explained
- Representations & Warranties: Top Q&As for M&As
- Letters of Intent
- Sponsorship Agreements
- Top 7 Spoilers To Avoid in Business Contract Drafting
- The Role Of An Estate Planning Attorney
- Checklist To Discuss With Your Estate Planning Attorney
- What Is The Difference Between a Will vs Trust?
- When Should I Hire an Attorney in Dallas for a Personal Injury?
- What Type of Issues Does Family Law Address?